What's new

Marmite Coasters

marc

CF Legend
^Have you been on it? It's forceless.

I loved Gwazi as well can not see why people hate it either.

Jools

Giga Poster
Yes I have, 8 times in one night infact. Although I do believe the trims were off. :? Because they didn't effect it.

marc

CF Legend
The trims only effect the end of the ride, problem is the 1st half is bad. But tbh in its 2nd year it was a lot better but 2 years ago it was weak.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Why does Kraken have this bad reputation? Obviously I cannot comment either way as I am yet to ride it, but the way I see it is that it has a pretty similar layout to Dragon Khan, which everyone seems to love more than sex?.

To class any coaster as better than sex is a silly idea... ;)

Rush

Giga Poster
I quite liked Kraken. I thought it was more fun than intense to be honest. However when I went on it, it was my biggest coaster to date so that probably had an effect on my opinion of it.

I'd consider Hulk to be a marmite coaster. Some people I know really didn't think much of it yet a lot of people think it's great.

Not a coaster but I'd say Rush was a pretty marmite ride as well. There are people who think it's the best flat in the country... and those who think it's a waste of space... and who are also wrong. :wink:

marc

CF Legend
BTM is Paris. I find it boring and slow yet many people rave about it.

Space Mountain Paris. I find it rough and badly themed and again people rave about it.

Baco. I could not stand it yet some love it.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I agree about BTM in Paris but I want to ride it again as my memory of it is a bit of a blur.
Space Mountain 2 was amazing though.
Haven't been on Baco.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
How on earth has air avoided this yet? Air is a massive jar of marmite! Although I love air so lets compare it to nutella! ^^ Obviously there are arguments that it isn't thrilling then there are the arguments that it is great because it is like flying! I can't realy see how you couldn't be on either of those sides! ^^

Kebab

Giga Poster
Stampida springs to mind, it has been mentioned before; personally I think it's quite possibly the worst woodie standing, others would think it's fantastic. If it wasn't for the train change maybe my views would be a bit more fair.

Rita is definately another contendor; again I loathe it. People speak of this so called "airtime" found on Rita, yet I've been on the front, back and centre and all I felt was myself being rattled all over the place and mediocre forces pushed onto me. What's the fun in that? And the launch is slap-bang average, not too tame, not too intense, it holds nil for the coaster.

On the other hand, you have Colossus. Which I actually enjoy quite a lot, I wouldn't come to say it is the best coaster I've been on, but after reading a lot of negative reviews it actually surprised me - big time! It is beautifully themed and landscaped, the first half is fairly powerful and paced, the second half being very disorientating and unique with some nice hang-time. Yes, Colossus is rough, but to me it does enough in the experience for me to ignore that factor; I take Rita as an example (Launch, turn, bang, bang, turn, bang, bang, turn, bang, bang, break run), Rita does nothing but literally launch and bank round poxy corners.

[/Rant ended] :p

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Funny, Drop Towers haven't been mentioned yet...even though they aren't coasters.

Some people love them (I'm obsessed) and others won't go near one, or are forced on them and will never go near one again.

Snoo

The Legend
^I'm one of those people. I LOVE drop towers.. but I do hate shot towers.. as they suck.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Shot Towers are alright...but Drop Towers are certainly better. On some smaller versions (Dragons Tower at Castle Park, Liberty Launch at Holiday World) you can get some great air. It can't compare to crawling up hundreds of feet, waiting, and plunging down while floating out of your seat, though.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
A couple from Spain spring to mind for me. In fact, both from Warner. I really enjoyed Superman, but I may well be the only man in the world who likes that coaster, lol. Also, I hated Coaster Express, but some others, namely Hoyer, enjoyed it. Weirdo.

Kebab

Giga Poster
The majority hate it though; I'm sure you're the only one on the site who loves it :p It's very mediocre, the queueline wasn't too bad the coaster itself just threw all my expectations into the bin, it sucked.

I'd say something on the lines of Colossus is a marmite coaster, I can recall people who love it and hate it so it's a double-edged sword. :)

A

Anonymous

Shockwave at Drayton Manor, iSpeed at Oakwood, Sonic Spinball at Alton and Knightmare at Camelot. Wheras I've never been on these rides myself, I've asked a lot of people about them and I've been equally greeted with "It's was awesome, it was one in a million" or "It was bollocks, it was none in a million".

nadroJ

CF Legend
I want some Marmite on toast on a coaster, perhaps at Alton....
I don't think there's such a thing as 'you eitehr love it or you hate it' because even with Marmite, I know a few people who just think it's OK.