What's new

MARCH 15th- UPDATE!

Much, much, better! I'm really looking forward for this to expand......
I'm totally impressed with the McDonald's - very colourful and realistic, well done on that one!
The new hotel is much better to what you started with, hopefully now you can improve upon what you got.
Stick with this project, it clearly shows your architectural skills.

Question, are you planning on creating a derelict style park? In my opinion that'll go great with what you've got.........

Coaster_Monkey

For my return to CF, I thought I had to comment on Taylor first.

Oh Hunni, how you've improved since the 6 months I have not been online! Seriously, this looks fantastic.

Replacing the horrible, grey industrialised Hotel with the new one was deffo a good move to make, it looks much better now, nice move.

The Mcdonalds looks good as for construction, nice work! Dont worry hun, You dont need a drive-thru. Hehe.

Anyways, Cant wait to see more, and hello again hun! Nice to be back. :D

Laura. x :--D

Question, are you planning on creating a derelict style park? In my opinion that'll go great with what you've got.........

Whatever derelict means, haha.

I'm planning on making it a traditional style park, like you know, typical Six Flags park with a bit more theming. I don't wanna go all whacky and unrealistic when realistic is what I'm aiming for, since I've never really tried to do a realistic park.

Thanks for the compliments Coaster Monkey!

I want to see a Taco Bell.

Taco Bell is actually one of my options. I was gonna go with either that, Burger King, or Starbucks. Either way, we all know Taco Bell's food isn't even that good :p .

I'm surprised that you guys like the McDonalds. I was actually displeased with it, but I guess I'll leave it the way it is. Once again, it does have a drive through, just on the other side.

I'll have an update sometime mid-week, I've just been terribly like, stressed the past couple of days.

It's looking really nice now Tay.
I don't really mind if the McDonald's has a drive through or not, I just can't wait to see what the park will be like if it's the same quality as this.
Keep it up and hope to see frequent updates. :D

Well, today I went to play my game and guess what wasn't working? The file! So, I sent it to good ol' Brian, and he said it's probably corrupted, so now I have to start over. I was gonna basically copy what I had, but I decided to just start from scratch, and make different things, such as more hotels, and malls, etc.

So, expect an update soonish.

It'll be along the same lines as this one, only I'm adding more things rather than just hotels. I mean, I'll probably end up duplicating my Holiday Inn hotel somewhere down the line as I was pretty proud of it!

Such a shame you lost it, but then again it's good as you can improve on the last one and you already have a pretty good picture of what you want to build.

Remember to back up your files this time. ;)

Alright, so I started over, and first I've decided to start with a shopping outlet. It's obviously not done yet but I'd like to see what everyone thinks before I move on to making more stores:

SCR9-1.jpg

The colourful markers are so people don't forget where they parked, in case anyone is wondering.

SCR10-2.jpg

Overview

SCR11-1.jpg

Stores in the back

I like it. You're adding quite a lot of realism which is nice.

Are you going to do anything like McDonalds on this one? I really liked that, it made it feel, again, more realistic.

Make sure you back up your files this time ;)

Thanks Hixee!

And yes, to answer your question, there will be a McDonalds, as well as a duplicate of the Holiday Inn hotel I had made, but I just felt like adding in some more stuff rather than just hotels and motels to make it seem more like a city or something.

Thanks again.

Looking at this Tay, I think that you've persuaded me to start playing RCT2 again. :p
Looking really nice, although I would change the mud to grass or tarmac as it makes the shops look dirty, and I would put a bit more foliage around the edge of the car park.

But simply amazing so though and tonnes better than anything I could ever do. :p

Looking forward to updates.

Yay, another good comment! Thanks dude.

Anyway, the carpark isn't done yet; I'm definitely going to try and make it nicer. As for the dirt, the workbench came with all of the land as dirt, so I'll change it eventually.

wow. Im quite new here, and some of the work you guys have done is awesome! Keep it up fella

Yes Tay, you fella. ;)

Oh God, that's going to keep me entertained for a while. :lol:

Sorry Matt, I'm not picking at you. It's just that LFTL is a girl. :p

Ok, Taylor, this looks awesome... Amazing work. Looks really realistic, obviously remembering the limitations from RCT2.

However, one question... Why do you keep restarting? You had a really good grasp on your park, with the resort and the McDonalds.. Why couldnt this shopping complex just have been an addition to what you already had?

I know it's what you feel comforable and happy with, it's your work, but it looked awesome.

Cant wait for the stage where you can finally start adding rides, etc! Nice work.

Lauz, thanks for the nice comments, and I'll have you know that I didn't start this over intentionally; the first file got corrupted and I didn't have a backup. Brian tried to help me out with it but in the end I didn't have much of a choice rather than to just start from scratch. I'll be copying some things I did before though, such as the McDonalds and the Holiday Inn.