What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

A

Anonymous

^^ No it's not, there is still pieces missing at the wing dip area.

Seeing an update that shows that section done would interest me more then adding the last piece of the MCBR.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Considering I got word from the park that the track was completed yesterday... I think it's safe to say it has been completed.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^loefet, Johnny posted that the final pics won't be up until later today. You're looking at older ones. That was the last piece of the track & it's complete.

Rush

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
I like all the balloons. :)

I don't. Balloons are the most evil things to have existed.

I'm so gutted I won't be going on this anymore. :( It looks absolutely great and I love the layout, colour scheme and hopefully it should have a great theme to it. I can't wait to see some videos of it testing.

Rush

Giga Poster
^I meant I was going to go to Florida next year but my family have decided it's too expensive. So I won't be riding it.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
sw533a.jpg

And the rest....

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta0.html

Ben

CF Legend
Wow, there's even less to the finale then I thought.

However, having said that, the wing-dip after the MCBR looks to be the only impressive thing on a Flyer which isn't a Pretzel Loop.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, but things can often look different in real life to how you think they will in a 2D picture...

... nasty habit of them really.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think it looks amazing.

I didn't like the layout before because of the MCBR. But if it doesn't take off any speed and you just see what this coaster offers, I think it'll be a fantastic ride.

The wingdip will look incredible too, If it's done as well as the water splashes on the dive machines.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I think that pictures of this finished final section look better than it did on the layout. I should be happy with how it turned out. There are lots of turns, twists, and drops. The only thing I might have reservations about is the last flat part. We might be going into the station kind of slowly. Then again, that is the area near the maintenance shed. There has to be a slow straight part there; that is where trains will go off and on. I'm ok with the MCBR. If we actually dip down and bearly touch the water, I don't want to do that at 40 miles an hour !

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I was kind of hoping that wing dip section would last a little longer, but either way, I think it's looking pretty nice-- it definitely has the potential to be an awesome ride. Looking forward to see how they do some of the theming on this.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This is a very hot layout and overall coaster.

I haven't really been so impressed with a B&M layout like this since Hydra back in 05.

The theming will really bring this thing together to be one solid ride.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I went to the park yesterday (Mon. 22). Among other things, I wanted to check out the elements toward the end after the MCBR. Twice we will go from twenty feet above our head to just bellow our feet in no time. That isn't as weak as I thought that it would be. You actually fan out just above the crowd before that; so cool. There is nothing like viewing this in person. It looks like one of the very first things that most guests will see after they enter the park is the Manta "wing dip"; yeah!
(I wonder that if you are walking by close enough, you will get wet.)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
They designed the splash to do just that, with a wet zone for all the 'kiddies' who love that sort of thing. They also want Manta to be the first thing you see as you enter the park, even though there are quite a few buildings between the entrance and the coaster. So they designed it to rise above everything that is blocking the view to help pull people into the park to get a closer look at the coaster. Until now the only thing you noticed when entering the park was the lighthouse in the little harbor area, which actually took your view away from the park.

CMonster

Giga Poster
So, does anyone know when they are going to start testing the ride? It would be amazing to see this thing running.

And, how long should it take to finish building the aquariums and stuff?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well they only added the last piece a few weeks ago, so now they have to do the electrical before they start testing. I wouldn't expect them to start until the end of January or early February, to put it on a safe guess-timation. The aquariums are going to take longer though.