What's new

Major Expansion Announced for Tokyo DisneySea

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
Thanks. From what i can see you can no loner buy fast passes in advance, you have to buy them as one shots whilst in the park via the app?

If that's the case i'll probably make a decision when i'm in Japan and scope out how the queue times look once the new area opens.
Get the App. You get free past passes in there. If you're familiar with the US fast pass / genie system you'll find it easy.

In addition, around 3/4 of the best rides in each park are additional fees (think like Individual Lightning Lane at Disney World). Again, dead easy to do. Just make sure that the app is set up and ready to go.

You can book both as soon as you get into the park. This is part of the advantage of people getting at the Disney Parks so early - it gives a huge leg up on the popular fast pass rides.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Get the App. You get free past passes in there. If you're familiar with the US fast pass / genie system you'll find it easy.

In addition, around 3/4 of the best rides in each park are additional fees (think like Individual Lightning Lane at Disney World). Again, dead easy to do. Just make sure that the app is set up and ready to go.

You can book both as soon as you get into the park. This is part of the advantage of people getting at the Disney Parks so early - it gives a huge leg up on the popular fast pass rides.

I'm not familiar with the US parks. So how does a free fast past system work? Is it a first come first served virtual queue thing you can only access on site?

It's the only time i'll probably ever go to the park so i'm fine to spend money on making it doable, just not sure i can handle 6am start and 3 hour queues in the sweltering heat anymore.

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
I'm not familiar with the US parks. So how does a free fast past system work? Is it a first come first served virtual queue thing you can only access on site?

It's the only time i'll probably ever go to the park so i'm fine to spend money on making it doable, just not sure i can handle 6am start and 3 hour queues in the sweltering heat anymore.
Yeah it’s pretty much like that. You onto the app. I think it’s called priority pass or 40th anniversary pass. Click on which ride you want and then you pick a time. You can then pick another in 2 hours or as soon as you use the fast pass that you just booked, whichever happens first

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
I'm hoping to go to Tokyo again later this year, in December absolutely dreading trying to get into this new area and riding the rides.
Tempting to just pretend they dont exist and enjoy the rest of the park.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
We got into Fantasy Springs today as part of the soft opening!

We just entered the park as normal then could select a standby ticket for Peter Pan via the app and paid for a fast pass for tangled. Once inside we managed to go to the Lost Boys restaurant and go to the gift shop in the hotel (you had to queue to get a return time for the shop).

I'll spoiler the rest for anyone who wants to go in blind:

The Peter Pan ride wasn't fantastic. It was basically Transformers from Universal but showing the story of Peter Pan. They didn't do a good job of hiding the edges of the screens, but the movement was good!

Tangled was very pretty but insanely short. Closest to Navi River Journey I think.

The Lost Boys restaurant was fantastic, really nice chicken and well worth the money!

We couldn't get any more passes to try Frozen or Tinkerbell. Frozen was down most of the day anyway. Peter Pan was down for the first hour but we were at the gate when it reopened so were first through and didn't have to queue despite having standby tickets. We had the fast pass for Tangled so no queue for that either.

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to try to answer!

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
It definitely didn't feel like many people were in the area at any given time, queues for everything else were still about an hour, with Soaring at 2

Trax

Hyper Poster
Maybe it’s because of the official opening date being tomorrow? I do imagine that most guests interested in the expansion will have a trip planned for after it’s opened and just a comparably small amount coming earlier after hearing of a soft opening.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Apparently I was completely wrong. As of now (3pm local time), the maximum wait in Fantasy Springs is just 20 minutes.
For comparison: Space mountain at the neighbouring Tokyo Disneyland sits at a comfortable 85 minutes wait right now

If I recall correctly, they only let you in if you have a reservation for a ride - maybe it’s for that reason?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Apparently I was completely wrong. As of now (3pm local time), the maximum wait in Fantasy Springs is just 20 minutes.
For comparison: Space mountain at the neighbouring Tokyo Disneyland sits at a comfortable 85 minutes wait right now

If I recall correctly, they only let you in if you have a reservation for a ride - maybe it’s for that reason?
Ans you need a reservation fornthe ride, even for the standby line. I guess they're not giving out many standby passes each day, so the queues won't get long unless there's a lot of downtime

Bowser

Mega Poster
I just saw a POV of the Frozen ride, it looks absolutely mindblowing. I can't believe what they've done. Which leads me to 2 questions:

1. Is there any chance they'll be replicating this in Paris?

2. When i'm there in September do i have any chance of getting on it if i'm going last minute?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
I just saw a POV of the Frozen ride, it looks absolutely mindblowing. I can't believe what they've done. Which leads me to 2 questions:

1. Is there any chance they'll be replicating this in Paris?

2. When i'm there in September do i have any chance of getting on it if i'm going last minute?
You definitely have a chance of getting on it, even this week people have been getting in with the general public and there's still been standby passes available, just need to get there early to be near the front of the queue. Or if you're staying at the hotels with the early entry, then you'll be fine!

Bowser

Mega Poster
You definitely have a chance of getting on it, even this week people have been getting in with the general public and there's still been standby passes available, just need to get there early to be near the front of the queue. Or if you're staying at the hotels with the early entry, then you'll be fine!

No i'm in Japan for work and already have Universal scheduled for my day off. Technically i can go on the day i leave as very late flight but seems its also a bank holiday (this is September btw) so it would be more of a spontaneous visit than a long term planned thing.