What's new

Major Expansion Announced for Tokyo DisneySea

Projektion

Mega Poster
Google Earth has updated Satellite images from mid-January, so you can really see the scale of the construction.
ed6a15aeafa747aae4e4d7ae98a6e42e.jpg

795b64868cfd51eadeb60d6e68eb8a5e.jpg

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Hoping that these new attractions - which I'm completely uninterested in - will reduce the queues for the rides in the rest of the park which I find far more appealing. 🤞

Projektion

Mega Poster
Not sure if I should be posting this here since while it's DisneySea news, it's not really anything about the new expansion.

Late bringing this up, but there's also more projection mapping shennanigans including some on Mt Prometheus

And work is well underway on the Fantasmic replacement

Niles

Giga Poster
Ride vehicle designs for a bunch of the rides for the new Fantasy springs area have been shown off at D23, I really like them but my favourite is the pirate ship one for the Peter Pan attraction.

Tangled boat ride:
2.jpg

Peter pan ride:
3.jpg

Tinker Bell ride:
4.jpg

Frozen boat ride:
1.jpg

Here is a good video showing current progress with the new Fantasy Springs as well some concept art and a better look at the ride vehicles.

And here are some posters for each of the rides, what a great amount of rides they are adding, cannot wait to see how they all turn out.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Source

peep

CF Legend
I'm so excited for this expansion, all the attractions look like they're going to be awesome. Most hyped for the new Peter Pan ride, especially after seeing the model of the ride vehicle. However I have read this might be more flight simulator-y rather than cool trackless dark ride - I guess even the fab poster hints that it'll be based on flying to an extent.

Hopefully they'll reveal some more updates on Sunday at the parks panel at D23.

cookie

Giga Poster
That pirate boat vehicle looks amazing if perhaps a little claustrophobic. The walled-off sides do suggest a simulator-type experience, though.

Edit: Something I've noticed is that the TDS Frozen boat has lap bars and seat dividers unlike those on Frozen Ever After. Could we be looking at a different, perhaps more thrilling layout?

Frozen-Ever-After-Ride-Vehicle.png

^Frozen Ever After ride vehicle

1-jpg.20154

^TDS Frozen ride vehicle

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
Does Pirates in Shanghai have lapbars? Maybe it's going to use the same tech, could make sense with whirlwinds and escaping and such

cookie

Giga Poster
I’m assuming they want this done before they close Space Mountain at the sister park. Makes me want to get to Japan in 2024 even more.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm pencilling in Easter next year for a visit. It'll still be ridiculous then, but I'm not going near it in 2024.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
It looks beautiful, but I really think this belongs in Tokyo Disneyland park and not Tokyo Disneysea.

I'm sure they will still be ludicrously popular though!