What's new

Loudon Castle to close for good

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, but there was also a different Schwarz looper at Margate before Twist & Shout was...

According to RCDB Twist & Shout was there from 2001-2002:

mk3o8k2kc2mqo56c000n8a.jpg

But before that, there was a blue one at Margate for years:

lf98k2k80lvg55q002nbao.jpg

Confusingly, this blue one was also at Loudoun for a little bit. It's been around the block a bit now and is currently in Botswana of all places.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
sparky2u said:
I'll like to see this ride be returned to Dreamland in Margate:

6889398669_ce64ee943e_z.jpg

I sent an email to "Save Dreamland" last week to ask if there are any plans to recover this ride & move it back to Margate, this is their reply:

Hi Jim

We are currently looking at this ride as a possibility for the park. We are in the process of finalising our Year One line-up, and this is under consideration.

Regards
Nick Laister

marc

CF Legend
They want to be careful though as the park closed down for a reason in the 1st place. Getting all the old rides back is ok for a year or two but what happens in year 5 or 6?

Really do want them to do well but I just fear there will not be enough to make people want to go back again and again.

Mark

Strata Poster
marc said:
They want to be careful though as the park closed down for a reason in the 1st place. Getting all the old rides back is ok for a year or two but what happens in year 5 or 6?

Really do want them to do well but I just fear there will not be enough to make people want to go back again and again.

This is really a different discussion moreso related to Dreamland and the Scenic so I have responded over in that topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31973&p=831525#p831525

LG95

Roller Poster
I would love to see the Plough (Apollo 14) return to Dreamland. It is such an iconic ride that is fun and will most likely stay in peoples minds for sometime after they visit due to its unusual form.
Downside is, the ride takes up a huge footprint for such a simple concept. I would say bring it back but only until something better comes our way.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
sparky2u said:
sparky2u said:
I'll like to see this ride be returned to Dreamland in Margate:

6889398669_ce64ee943e_z.jpg

I sent an email to "Save Dreamland" last week to ask if there are any plans to recover this ride & move it back to Margate, this is their reply:

Hi Jim

We are currently looking at this ride as a possibility for the park. We are in the process of finalising our Year One line-up, and this is under consideration.

Regards
Nick Laister

I very nearly did the exact same thing the other week! Good to hear that you did and also that they are aware of it as a possibility!

I think it would make a nice centrepiece to the park as iconic rides are what sets a special park apart from an ordinary one, not that the new dreamland will need any help in being special!

Good news though.......wonder whether they are considering twist and shout as well at all (although are running costs an issue with this?)....

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well the owners did say that they intended on using the site for another leisure attraction as such, so this is no surprise. Hopefully we'll start to see the rides move on.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That's good; Scotland could do with more golf courses. There are already far too many amusement parks.

LG95

Roller Poster
So a bit of an update regarding Loudon Castle.
Firstly it seems the proposal to build a golf course there is long gone. New plans see it host glamping pitches, a waterpark among other things. General info here:
http://www.scotsman.com/business/ma...-450m-development-of-loudoun-castle-1-3610506

On a more relatable note, this video from June this year seems to show the Looping Star/Twist and Shout in pieces. Anyone know anything? I would love for it to be relocated back to Dreamland but the Bemboms no longer own the site and I am guessing it would be too big for them anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGWy1bj8Ks

Barnstormer seems to have gone too though I seem to remember that went a while ago.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
LG95 said:
So a bit of an update regarding Loudon Castle.
Firstly it seems the proposal to build a golf course there is long gone. New plans see it host glamping pitches, a waterpark among other things. General info here:
http://www.scotsman.com/business/ma...-450m-development-of-loudoun-castle-1-3610506

On a more relatable note, this video from June this year seems to show the Looping Star/Twist and Shout in pieces. Anyone know anything? I would love for it to be relocated back to Dreamland but the Bemboms no longer own the site and I am guessing it would be too big for them anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGWy1bj8Ks

Barnstormer seems to have gone too though I seem to remember that went a while ago.

Would love it to go to Dreamland - something more thrilling than anything else they have.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Can't believe them rides are still just sitting. I would have a thought a smaller park would have picked up the likes of the Log Flume or that mine cart coaster.

It would seem odd for them to suddenly decide to stick Twist 'n' Shout in storage after all these years, so it may well be on to greener pastures

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Potentially interesting news, thanks.

Really hoping that Twist and Shout is going to survive but we'll have to wait and see. Am I correct in thinking that the train has been sold? (were there two? was it both??)

Come on dreamland!!! (A perfect way to guarantee that you'll have a cred open!)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
SilverArrow said:

Really hoping that Twist and Shout is going to survive but we'll have to wait and see. Am I correct in thinking that the train has been sold? (were there two? was it both??)

Well, if it doesn't have trains, and has been sitting derelict in a field for quite some time, I wouldn't bet on it ;)
But still, it's very much possible - the way they're taking it down, and rather neatly arranging it, does suggest they've suddenly found a buyer, or of course, they're transferring it to storage. Judging by your username, I know what you want to happen ;)

Maybe they could take the chairswing with them too - that's also been relocated from Dreamland. 4, possibly 5 credits with King Solomon's Mines, and Dreamland starts becoming very appealing!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
CoasterCrazy said:
SilverArrow said:

Well, if it doesn't have trains, and has been sitting derelict in a field for quite some time, I wouldn't bet on it ;)
But still, it's very much possible - the way they're taking it down, and rather neatly arranging it, does suggest they've suddenly found a buyer, or of course, they're transferring it to storage. Judging by your username, I know what you want to happen ;)

Maybe they could take the chairswing with them too - that's also been relocated from Dreamland. 4, possibly 5 credits with King Solomon's Mines, and Dreamland starts becoming very appealing!
How did you guess!

I wasn't completely sure whether it was this ride's trains or another and whether or was one or two trains (Scorpion has two so I assume TAS once had two as well). I am sure someone could order some new ones from somewhere (vekoma or gerst?) if they wanted to as well but not sure anyone would spend out that much for this coaster.

Edit: If the advert is still correct then it has one train still with it.
http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1817