What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean they literally have an accelerator 100 feet from the construction site. Then again, it wouldn't be the worst decision in that park. See everything since Xcelerator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I remember what you said about Silver Bullet a few weeks ago when we got off of it <3

Swoosh

Mega Poster
The rumor I have been hearing is that it may end up at Worlds of Fun they are missing a launch coaster and haven't gotten a new coaster since Prowler in 2009. we're still looking for that 4th park in the Cedar fair chain and it would fit well (and I have gotten tired of the rumor of Knott's getting one). the big decider for me was the hint out of Kings dominion with the number "816" because it is the area code for KC.

Where have you heard this rumor. Outside of this thread I haven't heard a thing about Kanonen coming to WOF and the park is practically in my backyard.

cp2013

Roller Poster
Where have you heard this rumor. Outside of this thread I haven't heard a thing about Kanonen coming to WOF and the park is practically in my backyard.
I've heard this rumor through another forum site. the teaser from KD with the 816 (area code for KC) nobody is really talking about it, and it doesn't make sense for CGA and Knott's getting coasters and WOF is a dark horse for a new coaster. obviously CGA is getting something and there is the two RMC's so the fourth is still a mystery. with CGA getting the "new and innovative ride" (assuming from the stakes seen that it's an RMC single rail "SR1") and the other two being the RMC's it only makes sense that the renewed relation could be Intamin with Kanonen going to WOF (it is sold after all, and CF has been Europe ride shopping as well).
here is the video i'm referencing:
(pls send message if this needs to be removed from this post)

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
But why would KD be teasing an attraction at a different park? Sure, both are owned by CF, but that connection to the WoF theory just seems like too much of a stretch.

Lofty

CF Legend
They're not going to promote another park's addition. Marketing resources for each park will have their own budgets, so they wouldn't spend their restricted capital on another park's investment, they have their own marketing for that.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So... It's been a while since this was talked about. Is Kanonen still on Liseberg's car park in pieces? Does anyone know what is going on with it at the moment.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Shush the both of you. :p

I am keeping a close eye on where I believe it may end up but there is nothing at all yet. Which leads me to believe maybe its not going there at all. But right now it seems to have vanished along with the Hopi Hari Intamin and the Vinpearl Firestorm. They're out there somewhere.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It appears this one is in Malaysia now!

https://rcdb.com/14360.htm

There's hope left for Kanonen.

Except it isn't although its supposed to be. Theres a long long history with this ride and its numerous owners and court cases about who owns it. From what I can gather half of it was shipped to Malaysia before someone kicked off and sued again claiming the person who sold it to Malaysia didnt have the right to sell it. And now half of it is still in Brazil. Either way none of it has shown up at MAPS yet.

Has space world closed yet? Because their Stealth clone "Zaturn" is also up for sale on Interlink's website.
It closes on the 31st.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is that Kanonen to scale in that photo shopped photo? If it is, I could see it. Isn't Dorney park's only launched coaster Possessed?

Pear

Strata Poster
Yes it is to scale. The guy who made it said he put measurement lines down on each screenshot and matched them.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Do you genuinely believe that it is going here? I mean, I would have thought Cedar Fair would install something brand new, not some relocated. But then again, it is Dorney. I doubt Cedar Fair would even give Michigan's Adventure a used Vekoma SLC. Oh wait... it did? Oh...

Last edited: