What's new

LocaJoy Holiday | Crazy Coaster | Intamin 10 inversion

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: LocaJoy Holiday | Unknown | Intamin 10 inversion

^Ok, so I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything. But the Skyrush restraints are nothing like the Mack ones! Yes, Intamin tried to make something similar but failed. While Mack's restraints fit snugly to your thighs Intamin's staples you. The Mack restraints are more like B&M clamshells and spread the force over a larger area of your thighs and hence decrease the pressure. The Intamin restraints on the other hand only touches your thighs with a very thin area making stapling and preassure far great = pain!

I haven't been on Skyrush since they changed to softer padding. And like you said this won't have the same forces like Skrush, so it won't be that severe. I'm just saying that it is a faulty design and I don't get why Intamin don't see that themselves? It would be really easy to modify the restraints with another lapbar with a larger contact area to the thighs. Still they're just changing into softer padding, ignoring the real problem..

Still, I'm excited for this! If this coaster gets lapbars, the one in Italy most likely will too. And that's great news that more manufacturers start to switch over to lapbars since they're far superior to otsr, even if they hurt a little :)

Intricks

Strata Poster

So...exactly as I said...Near direct copy with a different point of contact on the thigh ;)

andrus

Giga Poster

^Except that they fail at the one and most important thing! The larger contact area of the Mack restraints is what makes those restraints so comfortable. Yes, Intamin got a large plate on the Skyrush, but since they're constructed the wrong way only the thin edge of said plate touches your thighs, making the Skyrush restraints more comparable to a (very) thin bar rather than the clamshells of Mack.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ive never stated they would be as comfortable as Macks, just that they are nearly identical to one another.

Must we continue to argue when we both agree that these arent as comfortable as Macks, but wont be as painful as Skyrush?

andrus

Giga Poster

Fine! I just stated that I thought it was a faulty design, then I had to "defend" my opinion as you kept on replying!

But sure, we can agree that this will not be as comfortable (and even faulty designed imo), and that the Mack restraints are a much more comfortable design :wink:

Intimidator 305

Roller Poster

i can not find more construction fotos about this coaster.

USER HZ Garfield have you got new construction photos?

i really excited about the Quad Heartline Roll Construction.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ For the 100th time. If there are photos, they will be posted.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Here you go:
181939d1369343692-2013-neuheit-10-inversion-coaster-locajoy-holiday-china-b21bb051f8198618c518c2364bed2e738bd4e621.jpg

Sorce: http://www.coasterfriends.de
The forum on that site is really good if you want to be the first one to see pictures of rides under construction.

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

Nolimits Video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EaZ6TxagII[/youtube]

andrus

Giga Poster

roomraider said:
Looks like trackwork is complete. But the footers on this thing looks really weird. Especially around the cobra roll. Still plenty of work to do.
Underwater dive? It looks like the bottom of the cobra roll will be enclosed while the other "weird" fotters will be in level with the water surface. I have no confirmation of this, but seem feasible to me!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

That was my first thought andrus but I don't think it can be true. Look at the last picture and the location. The ride is on the hillside so any water trough or container would have to be several meters high at the left most point and it looks like the supports run the whole way down the hill. Very odd.

Lofty

CF Legend

Those footers genuinely are some of the ugliest I've EVER seen...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Most likely, the park will pour a significant amount of topsoil over the area after the coaster has been built, then plant stuff there. There's a reason why the footers are so high (well, in most places, at least).