What's new

LocaJoy Holiday | Crazy Coaster | Intamin 10 inversion

Casio

Mega Poster
Re: LocaJoy Holiday | Unknown | Intamin 10 inversion

That does look terrible, surely if they're going to cover it they'll have to build a wall from the road up to height of the footers? I have a feeling they may just leave it unfortunately.

Although, if they're going to leave it like this surely they'd just build the footers at ground level? This does suggest that the footers are going to be at a new 'ground level' so they can check the bolts, they wouldn't want them buried.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Lol I've never seen so many complaints over the appearance of footers. They're not that attractive but for me they're not as bad as Verbolten's footers over the water section.

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

Test Run Begins! It seems the coaster is Themed with field army
b84c851bjw1e8u80ntq71j213h1ag1kx.jpg

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Dl2r0Y98Q[/youtube]

First Test Run Video

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

Looks like the rides goes quicker through its in-lines then colossus does.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Wow, Intamin sure have done a great job with this. The trains look fantastic too with the slightly updated look! Love love!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I like the look of the new trains on this! That flatter nose reminds me a bit of how old school Arrow loopers look going around the tracks, and I feel like these could be used by parks without Arrow loopers to fill that gap.

Intamin really needs to come back to the States! Hopefully an American park buys one of these, because these rock! I love the look of this!

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

POV Filmed by RCD Club

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D74GJgI6TJ8[/youtube]

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

It looks like Colossus 2.0, I like everything bar the footers (which look even MORE hideous now, hopefully something goes below it) and that funnel of barrel rolls looks great.

Please come to the States!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I wonder how this thing fares, maintenance-wise?

It doesn't use any fancy propulsion systems with thousands of moving parts, nor does it appear to have extreme forces or huge speeds. The seating and trains is as standard as they come. Intamin rides with maintenance problems tend to be new, ground-breaking rides, or at least experimental in some way. This, however, is pretty standard, all things considered. Will it still be plagued with the "Intamin troubles"? It appears it does all the right things to avoid it, at least.

If it turns out to perform well, I wonder if we'll see more of the "standard" Intamin rides in the future. It seems like their reputation-deciding coasters as of late all have been imaginative, but unreliable. It is time to try out the other direction instead?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm aiming to get to this park at Easter. I'm guessing that there's some kind of theming to be added around the base, otherwise why build it like that?