What's new

Little Britain or The League of Gentlemen?

Which is FUNNIER?

• Little Britain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The League Of Gentlemen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tks

Strata Poster
The League of Gentlemen is an aquired taste in terms of the comedy involved. It's very dark and went to places no other show had gone before. I love it. The movie did make me wretch in a few places though.

Dave

CF Legend
Oh yes, tis even more random and has lots of dark humour in it. Just one tip, don't watch ti when pissed, you'll never get whats going on.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The League of Gentlemen is simply one of the funniest shows to come out of Britain in the last 10 years. With a couple of notable exceptions there's not much else that gets close in my eyes.

A

Anonymous

Little Britain is gr8t but only funny for the first few times you see a sketch, but than after a few times it gets predictable and boring. League Of Gentlemen gets my vote, the sketches are more well thought out and it's more intellegent humour.

Whether or not it's funnier is debatetable, but it's certainly got a longer lasting appeal.

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Sorry but I just cannot see anything funny about Little Britain - but I did think the same about League of Gentlemen too, then one day I actually watched it and was crying with laughter. I've tried LB a few times and it's never given me more than a smile

A

Anonymous

Little Britain is ok, but it's nothin special. Some of the humour is a bit tasteless and uninspiring. Harry Enfield was much better back in the day, and despite perhaps copying LB a bit wiv the chavy schoolgirl character, which is obviously just Vicky Pollard reformed I also think the The Catherine Tate Show is more credible, because she has one skill that Matt Lucas and David Walliams don't hav and that's the fact that she can actually act.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I love The League of Gentlemen. I've got tonnes of respect for the show as they have constantly mutated it, so that's it not just purely "catch phrase comedy".

It's clever, subtle, dark and outright hilarious at times. The last series wasn't so good, but fair play to them for trying something very different from the successful formula they had.

Little Britain was funny the first episode, mildly amusing the second, okay the third, then dull ,dull, dull... It's just the same pigging joke repeated over and over again. I'm sorry, but my attention span is long enough that I can remember hearing a joke before and find that after three or four times, it's just not as funny anymore.

"My dog's got no nose!"
"How does he smell?"
"Terrible!"

"I'm the only gay in the village."
"Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no, but yeah..."
"I want that one... Yeah, I know!"

I rest my case...

aly

Mega Poster
I use to really like Little Britain, but they took it too far witohut expandin on ideas enough.

The whole 3 series became repetative and boring and therefore it's relly clear why there will not be another series.

nadroJ

CF Legend
League of Gentlemen actually scared me, but I'm like a freak fan of it now! I have all 3 series on dvd, the live show, the xmas special (most scary Papa Lazarou ever) and the film(not so great in my opinion)

I enjoyed Little Britain in it's first series, but it got so clich?d by the first episode of series 2 I wanted it to curl up and die.

A

Anonymous

no the film isnt so great but yes nadroj123 the christmas special is scary as ****!!!

Macrae

Roller Poster
Young AdamN showed me the film first and I thought it was terrible. But I watched the first series and it truly is brilliant. I need to see other two now!