What's new

Lightwater Valley Big Ride Coming Soon?

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Flamingo land a better line up ? quantity maybe but id rather ride the ultimate and rapter any day over any of the tripe at mingoland sure next year may be a different story but sorry i think flamigoland is pants
Mumbo and Velocity look good, and Kumali looks OK. Valley have Ultimate and thats kind of it. Ultimate is also said to be very brutal and flawed at that, everything else at LWV is just kinda there, nothing really special, Raptor looks like fun but nothing to shout about. Mingo might have poorer ops though though they certainly have the better coaster offering which means that LWV would be dumb to try and compete directly for the same market. Even if they got G Force Mingo has 'Colossus but actually fun' coming next year.

Niles

Giga Poster
I don’t see lightwater getting anything major, last year when I went it was quiet during school holidays and the main audience there were young families and some teens. After recent events I see their main goal is to survive not to invest in a new thrill attraction.

I will say that The ultimate is very fun (it’s like eating two tubs of ice cream, fun at first but you feel worse as it goes on and you’re in pain when done, but you still want to go again through the pain) and the best ride at either LW or FLand, also raptor is a surprisingly good indoor coaster.

On the topic of FLand , I liked my day there, the staff were getting trains out all right and I thought it was a good park in general. Yea there’s a lot of family coasters but Velocity and Kumali are pretty good, the zoo was a surprise and made it a well rounded park. I think they get to much hate and at least there investing in a large attraction, maybe I just had a lucky day but yea I like it.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Velocity is ace, really miffed I only got one ride on it when I was there last year. Completely devoid of any themeing which is a shame, but layout-wise a solid little coaster.

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
Personally I think the Ultimate would be a prime candidate for the RMC treatment. The layout & terrain really lends itself a topper tack and light water valley could potentially have the longest RMC coaster in the world if they went for it. Just a thought.
The track's all steel though. It's only the two main lift hill structures that are made of wood.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
For the cost of that, they'd be better off buying a new coaster. The best we can really hope for is new trains with lap bars, which would make for a much more comfortable experience.

The laterals aren't that much more violent than Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand, and that just has a single bar per row. Individual lap bars could revolutionise this ride,

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I think it's one of those things that sounds easy in principle, but in reality, most of this ride is a terrain coaster and to use RMC track you'd essentially be rebuilding the entire terrain sections.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be ace and would skyrocket an already unique ride into every enthusiasts must-do list, but it's just so far beyond Lightwater's financial capability it's not realistic.

I've just added one more thing to the 'if I become a billionaire' list though.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I can't disagree there, unfortunately. The accident last year probably did them no favours, or rather the media circus.

Realistically, this is a park that should step back a bit. Paulton's and Drayton are doing well because they got hold of a popular IP, and I feel this is the only way forward for Lightwater.

I can't disagree there, unfortunately. The accident last year probably did them no favours, or rather the media circus.

Realistically, this is a park that should step back a bit. Paulton's and Drayton are doing well because they got hold of a popular IP, and I feel this is the only way forward for Lightwater.
I think that Livingstone Leisure haven't really invested in this park much. I know it's too soon but someone with a lot of money take on this park and put this family theme park on the same level as Paultons Park in 5-15 years time

Xboxgeorgebean2

Roller Poster
I know this will probably never happen but i think there next coaster will be relocated Vekoma Invertigo and Triops at Bagatelle is up for sale so...

Attachments

• triops.jpeg
    triops.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 14

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
A lot of opportunity at that place from what I saw, tonnes of land it seems and some sites where it looked like there used to be flat rides. I found Ultimate very rough so it would be indeed a great RMC contender or just a complete retrack with maybe some Vekoma tracks and trains. Definitely would scrap the Twister because of the bad press. It was closed when I was there, no idea if it has re-opened since? Anything new from Vekoma would probably be the best option in its place with regards to cost and safety. There is a quite a bit of space in that area and only a boring looking rapids at the back which I never tried. Surprised no one is doing a Lech Coaster copy (yet), it looks so good and a good way for a small park to make a big statement.

The Raptor queue line and exit indoor experience were far more scary than the coaster itself. But that wasn't too bad. Doubt all these coasters can be operating in another 10 years. Makes no sense considering their age.

The toilets in the tower building near the ultimate were weird I thought. Felt very exposed.

The chair swing was actually quite decent. But to me these standard ones all look boring compared to Wellenflug at Phantasialand now.

We enjoyed the crazy golf and it is themed quite well but it is a small upcharge.

Big investment there will probably never happen I guess as there seems very little investment in the UK theme park market and people seem far too tight at the moment to enjoy themselves and complaining for example £20-£25 is expensive for a day out at a theme park. Meanwhile they are driving their £50.000 Ranger Rover Sports no doubt. I feel this Brexit carry on doesn't help, regardless which way you think it should head. It's probably not putting major plans off too much but I definitely think the theme park industry is feeling the brunt and every bit of bad press exaggerates the situation.

Last edited: