Leviathan or Behemoth?

• Behemoth

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Leviathan

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

CanobieFanatic

Roller Poster
These two are quite obviously the best coasters at Canada's Wonderland? Do you prefer Leviathan's height or Behemoth's airtime?

I for one liked Leviathan. While it did not have as much airtime as Behemoth, the airtime was quite a lot better. And you can never go wrong with that first drop!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
This is perfect as I was just at Canada's Wonderland two days ago.

Hands down Leviathan. It's just one of the most aggressive coasters B&M has ever designed. Behemoth has the best B&M airtime I've experienced anywhere and the better location, but Leviathan is just absolutely relentless. From the first drop to the brakes it just keeps on delivering with every element, and Behemoth is good but I feel like it isn't as good after the camelbacks.

Ugh you can't compare them! It's like saying Top Thrill vs. Millennium or something. B&M trumps pretty much every hyper (besides Shambhala, they're basically on par with one another), but how can you compare it to something that is more of a speed coaster than an airtime coaster? I rank Leviathan higher because it's more unique, but I literally can't decide which is the better coaster. Behemoth has a **** of airtime and Leviathan has pretty relentless speed.

CanobieFanatic

Roller Poster
2012Jarrett said:
This is perfect as I was just at Canada's Wonderland two days ago.

Hands down Leviathan. It's just one of the most aggressive coasters B&M has ever designed. Behemoth has the best B&M airtime I've experienced anywhere and the better location, but Leviathan is just absolutely relentless. From the first drop to the brakes it just keeps on delivering with every element, and Behemoth is good but I feel like it isn't as good after the camelbacks.

What a coincidence! I was there the same day!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^Of course, EVERYONE was there that day. :p You should have met up with Taylor and I, we could have gooned up the park together!

njn63

Mega Poster
False, I wasn't there (but I was a few weeks earlier).

Voted for Leviathan. It doesn't have the air time of Behemoth but it's much more intense.

Sythe

Mega Poster
They felt very similar to me, I think leviathan though because of some of the elements that I liked a lot :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I voted for Behemoth. Not only do I like it more than Levi', I like it more than any other hyper I've been on before, including the likes of Nitro, AC and Silver Star.
I love the simplicity of the layout, just giant airtime hill after giant airtime hill, one after the other, boom, boom, boom!
Also, Behemoth is the only one I've been on that has the V-shaped seating arrangement, which gives each rider sooo much more room, so much more unobstructed view.

Leviathan - still a great coaster. View on the front row is sensational. The first drop on the back row is balls-to-the-wall insane... but overall it's just not as action-packed as Behemoth and despite the size, it's all over far too quickly.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Give me Leviathan any day. In this case, bigger is better. It was a grower though. I didn't like it at first, but after the fifth or sixth ride, I was in love.

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
I lived in Toronto for 5 years and had the pleasure of riding both many, many times. (including winning a seat on the first Leviathan train with passengers! :D). I don't really understand the arguement about how they are similar. Yes - they are both B&M. That's pretty much where it stops. Behemoth is amazing for airtime and with the longer trains, has a totally different appeal. Leviathan is fast and aggressive. Personally, I think they're both superb additions to the park. It's just too bad that the brake run on Leviathan is so high up. I know B&M are very conservative on their prototype coasters.... but there definitely could have been a helix of terror at the end or something else to make the ride JUST a little bit longer... :mrgreen:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Leviathan for me. While I would have liked more airtime (or an ending) Behemoth just kinda left me underwhelmed