What's new

Legoland Windsor forced to cancel Muslim 'fun-day'.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
I think if you label something as *insert race or religious group here* Day, you are only asking for trouble. It doesn't matter who it is, if i hosted a "White Christian" day out somewhere can you imagine the calls of racist that would be thrown about?

Its all got so far out of hand there will never be a resolution which is a shame because without the small percentage of people who keep bringing it up, i cant imagine we'd have a problem.

Smithy

Strata Poster
AirtimeFreak said:
I think if you label something as *insert race or religious group here* Day, you are only asking for trouble. It doesn't matter who it is, if i hosted a "White Christian" day out somewhere can you imagine the calls of racist that would be thrown about?

Its all got so far out of hand there will never be a resolution which is a shame because without the small percentage of people who keep bringing it up, i cant imagine we'd have a problem.

Like the gigantic screams of racism and protests that have been organised the last few years when there's been ''big church day out'' sort of events at Lightwater Valley, Thorpe Park and several others I believe?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's simple - a bunch of complete morons found out about it.

Were the ones at Chessy "exclusive" where it was the whole park hired for the day, or more an event while the park was publicly open?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Iirc there was a giant fuss kicked up about the Chessington one, or at least there was a planned one which didn't take place. Or Alton. It was definitely a Merlin park as I recall posting about it on here.

But aye, it takes a few cretins to twist it on Twitter and people these days take the headline and run with it.