What's new

Legoland Deutschland | Maximus: Flight of the Guardian| B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

cookie

Giga Poster
Tbh looking at how tiny it is, I'm kinda confused as to why they went to B&M for this. I hope Merlin buying these wing coasters in bulk kept the cost down, at least.

BenJacobs

Roller Poster
Tbh looking at how tiny it is, I'm kinda confused as to why they went to B&M for this. I hope Merlin buying these wing coasters in bulk kept the cost down, at least.

Legoland parks are as popular as other larger thrill-based parks, but most family rides on offer from manufactures are physically smaller with lower capacities.

These B&M Wing coasters will be the largest rides in their respective parks, and will inevitably end up being the most popular, just as popular as a larger coaster at a larger park, so it needs a higher capacity than family coasters on the market, so they went to B&M.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Legoland parks are as popular as other larger thrill-based parks, but most family rides on offer from manufactures are physically smaller with lower capacities.

These B&M Wing coasters will be the largest rides in their respective parks, and will inevitably end up being the most popular, just as popular as a larger coaster at a larger park, so it needs a higher capacity than family coasters on the market, so they went to B&M.
Other manufacturers build high-capacity coasters though? Surely it's all down to track layout, number of seats per train, and number of trains able to run on the layout, as well as other things such as ease of loading/restraints. I also find it odd that B&M were chosen. I just assume they got a good multi-coaster deal and that they were set on Wing Coasters specifically for theming reasons or something, otherwise it just seems like a very expensive choice,

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Other manufacturers build high-capacity coasters though? Surely it's all down to track layout, number of seats per train, and number of trains able to run on the layout, as well as other things such as ease of loading/restraints. I also find it odd that B&M were chosen. I just assume they got a good multi-coaster deal and that they were set on Wing Coasters specifically for theming reasons or something, otherwise it just seems like a very expensive choice,
B&M rides rightly have a reputation in the industry for being reliable. Partly I guess because they don't make big gambles in terms of their coasters. If you buy a B&M you'll get a reliable ride that will work without issues for 30+ years. That has to be a huge selling point. You may spend a bit more for a B&M but it will work.

As far as I'm aware no B&M has suffered a major incident behind guest stupidity? (Such as coin throwing on DD and people entering the ride area without authorization (top gun))

I may be wrong though.

Ethan

Strata Poster
B&M rides rightly have a reputation in the industry for being reliable. Partly I guess because they don't make big gambles in terms of their coasters. If you buy a B&M you'll get a reliable ride that will work without issues for 30+ years. That has to be a huge selling point. You may spend a bit more for a B&M but it will work.

As far as I'm aware no B&M has suffered a major incident behind guest stupidity? (Such as coin throwing on DD and people entering the ride area without authorization (top gun))

I may be wrong though.
This is well known and very true, although my point was more that B&M coasters don't necessarily have a higher throughput just because they're simply made my B&M. I still, in my opinion, find B&M an odd choice for this size of coaster. Track size just looks a little unusual given the height, in the same way the B&M family inverts at Happy Valley look a bit strange. Obviously the average guest wouldn't care or even pick up on this, however. I do wonder if B&M would have been chosen though if they weren't buying so many coasters at once, though I suppose it's a safe investment.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
So the restraints are, as far as I can tell, exactly the same as every other B&M wing.

A notable development, and makes this all the more curious.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
And we now have a corkscrew!
unknown.png

What an odd ride. Every aspect.

Trax

Hyper Poster
None of us would make jokes about it if it was a roller skater, but this is actually a wing coaster…

This reminds me of a PlanCo project a friend of mine did, where he would only build miniature rides. Home to the famous Intimidator 30.5 and Fury 32.5, this ride would totally fit in this lineup.

Lightning2

Roller Poster
Maybe B&M was pushing this project them self and not the other way around. Didn't they want to push into the family market a few years ago? I'd say relations with Merlin are quite good. Could be their way of trying to diversify their portfolio.

Rupert

Mega Poster
I don't know why Chessington didn't do a complete circuit like this rather than a shuttle.
Completely agree - looking at the brake run I’m assuming this one will be on two trains.

This seems mad, but I do appreciate the diversification - my 35 year old brother bloody loves Lego but I’ve always been put off going (admittedly to Windsor) because of the ride selection and reputation for queues. This would go some way to enhancing the offering beyond the core audience - though I appreciate this ride type won’t get built at Windsor for a myriad of reasons, not least lack of space and the same model being built just down the road…

Lovely colour on this one though, amazing how it appears to change depending on the light (or maybe that top pic on this page is just really saturated).