What's new

Legoland Deutschland | Maximus: Flight of the Guardian| B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some pictures taken today - the maintenance shed has gone vertical. RCS are apparently on site so must not be long until the coaster starts going up.
index.php

index.php

Source

Matt N

CF Legend
I still can't quite comprehend that we've got Legoland parks building B&Ms, let alone inverting wing coasters...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Somebody is clearly doing money laundering with these small B&M coasters at Merlin. Like, why would such a park invest in a big, expensive piece of hardware for what will essentially be a kiddie Wing coaster with a (hopefully not) 1.4 m height restriction?

Surely they could choose other less expensive options as a stepping stone before buying a Rolls Roice.

BenJacobs

Roller Poster
Somebody is clearly doing money laundering with these small B&M coasters at Merlin. Like, why would such a park invest in a big, expensive piece of hardware for what will essentially be a kiddie Wing coaster with a (hopefully not) 1.4 m height restriction?

Surely they could choose other less expensive options as a stepping stone before buying a Rolls Roice.

B&Ms are reliable and have high capacities, each individual coaster is still fairly small (though will be the largest at each Legoland park). Kiddie/family coasters generally dont have particularly high capacity, as families/kids are not necessarily the main demographic for most parks - but Legoland is the exception, with a lot of visitors and the vast majority of them are young families, so getting a not-so-massive ride with high capacity is perfect.

In terms of the cost, Legoland parks might physically not be huge, but their attendances are high - Legoland Deutschland had 1.7million visitors in 2019. They must easily earn enough money to warrant investing in large scale rides.

I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if this is the start of adding larger scale rides to legoland parks, as Lego is such a popular brand, even outside of kids, they could start building thrill rides and/or larger dark rides and quite easily get other demographics coming to the parks.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I’m probably going to be proven crazy but I still think the seats could rotate like axis.

Makes the track inversion not an inversion, plus slow speed sideways stall helix with traditional non rotating seats on the chessington ride sounds very uncomfortable.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
But like... if you don't want an inversion, why even bother to build an inversion in the first place? The inversion is literally their main marketing argument which they have used in press releases so far. I'd be extremely surprised to see any innovation in the seats whatsoever for this coaster.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
New pre-creation POV by docoaster:-

I think it looks decent for what it is tbh, but it does look like the worst wing coaster due to its small size. I think I'd just take the Chessy shuttle over it by a slim margin.
Worst Wingcoaster? No, it isn't.
The one in Chessington will be much more worse than this one.