What's new

Legendia | Lech Coaster | Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Legendia just can't stop teasing their new thing now:

And when they've got such a beauty, I am more than happy with that :D

I really like that the ride doesn't have only one highlight. There's the crazy drop of course, but then also the jaw-dropping roll through the station. And other really appealing stuff like EGF turns, a sharp airtime hill and a snappy corkscrew. From the looks of it, it is a brilliant coaster start to finish!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Thanks for the heads up ATI! Seems like it was media day today, so some rather nice footage has emerged:

Think it's safe to say Vekoma have pulled of a stunner here. It slows down once it crests the lift, but that pacing is just incredible! Can't wait to see a full backseat POV!

Looks it's smooth, with some great theming and near-misses too.

They might need to clean that water though...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That looks ****ing amazing. I am totally speechless. I would have never of known it was a Vekoma unless someone told me; I think it kind of looks like an Intamin Blitz but with a lift hill!

The only thing Im not so keen on is the pink polka-dot backs to all the seats, but it's not too bad...

davidm

Strata Poster
Ha that looks great. Imagine how its going to look when the landscaping grows in a bit instead of all the mud / brown water - going to be very photogenic ; fantastic stuff.
Exactly the sort of mid-sized investment we would want from any park (hint hint you smaller UK parks with a bit of budget)

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd hardly say this is a mid-sized investment. The theming and landscaping alone would define this as a larger investment.

davidm

Strata Poster
Just mean a few million (what's a couple of million anyway these days) rather than 10+.

(Mid sized in terms of big sized coasters we get excited about rather than specifically mid sized for the UK)

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

balrog

Mega Poster
I think it kind of looks like an Intamin Blitz but with a lift hill!
Actually, I think it might look better than the existing blitzcoasters, although shorter. I just rewatched the POV from Taron, Maverick and Ispeed to compare.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Even better video with even better on-ride shots!

I'm starting to wonder if this thing only has one train? I've only seen one train in all the videos I have seen...
Am I the only person who noticed brackets in place for trims on the airtime hill before the station corkscrew?
But overall, the ride looks phenomenal! They just need to clean up that water and they are sorted, the filters will probably do that pretty quick. And it has a quite lift hill for a Vekoma, and it looks very smooth! Definitely a winner a major set up for Vekoma, as long as the ride runs well. They have become one of the top ride manufacturers now! :emoji_grinning:

And I really wish Vekoma built that hyper now...

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Phenomenal indeed! It has such intensity throughout the whole layout. Like is this even allowed on coasters?! The speed is really, really scary impressive too. Fingers-crossed for NO trims on this beauty. The sheer out-of-control is also what sets it apart!

An a nerdier note, is it me or the lift hill is actually built with magnetic trims as a much quieter alternative to classic anti-rollback? The climb up is actually fairly silent :eek:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Phenomenal indeed! It has such intensity throughout the whole layout. Like is this even allowed on coasters?! The speed is really, really scary impressive too. Fingers-crossed for NO trims on this beauty. The sheer out-of-control is also what sets it apart!

An a nerdier note, is it me or the lift hill is actually built with magnetic trims as a much quieter alternative to classic anti-rollback? The climb up is actually fairly silent :eek:

It does have teeth, but I believe it works by using a magnetic metal plate next to the teeth that keeps the dog off the teeth, and when there is no movement, or the movement is reversed, the dog gets forced down to lock into the teeth. Confusing and someone could probably explain it better, but I think that's how it works! ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^A plausible theory, but having watched that video, I can't say I understand exactly how they work. Something where you'd really want a nice close up shot of the train and lift hill track to be able to try and work it out.