What's new

Least Favorite Coaster Trains

Hutch

Strata Poster
I recently started a topic about everyone's favorite and most comfortable coaster trains. Now it's time for everyone to share their least favorite.

For the most uncomfortable I'll have to go with any Arrow Looper. You have no leg room and if you don't put on the OTSR right you can easily get your arms stuck with only your hands free to move.

I'm not sure what the least appealing coaster is, but if I had to choose one I might go with any Vekoma SLC. This one's a tough one for me and I can't really think of anything else.

For just sheer annoyance, Kinda Ka's trains, mainly because of the OTSR. I also don't like Mine Train coasters that use giant freaking locomotives that block the view from everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 161

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
We JUST had this topic that was started like a week ago and it was made by you. You wrote "best" but many people posted their worst in that topic too.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ Really? Where?

I agree that Arrow trains are definitely uncomfortable & claustrophobic due to lack of elbow and leg room, unless you are sitting in the very front row. Yet somehow they really add to the experience for me. What I love most about Arrow loopers is the throwback feel.. it just wouldn't feel right to ride in a sleek, modernized train on a track design that Ron Toomer came up with by literally just bending wires around.

Offhand, the only train design I can think of among rides I've done that has memorably detracted from my experience on the ride is Skyrush's, but then again that's really just a restraint issue & should be fixed by now.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Jason Voorhees said:
We JUST had this topic that was started like a week ago and it was made by you. You wrote "best" but many people posted their worst in that topic too.

I just looked through that thread, and found NOONE mentioned their worst!

anyway - klondike gold mine at funland - legroom so tight, I had my bum about 2 inches off the seat all ride!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Colossus at Thorpe Park, such a struggle to get in and out of them, and I find when I am sat down they are really uncomfortable.

Mike

Giga Poster
I'll also go for Colossus for the worst designed trains. They're just such an effort to get into and out of, you can barely fit between the gap of the restraint and the seat in front, the leg room they give you when sitting down is pathetic, and the restraints feel really heavy.

mistermister

Roller Poster
There are a lot of smaller rides that seem to have somewhat painful cars, like Goofy's barnstormer at magic kingdom. The seats can single handedly give you scoliosis. Also the Backlot stunt coaster at KD has really small completely plastic cars that can slam you against the sides pretty easily

Auraofshadows

Roller Poster
Definitely has to be the stand up trains for Shockwave at Drayton Manor. They are a nuisance to get on. The restraints are uncomfortable and not to mention the seats lock in some awkward positions, such as being too low down or too high up.

Jake

Strata Poster
0j0am250l32a3s10g0008i.jpg

cvreo0fe000h55c4a1a407.jpg

9m32bo00499b12gahgitt1.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
^I quite like the GIB trains. Sure they're bulky, but they're one of the most comfortable and most spacious otsr trains I've ever had the pleasure to ride!!

My worst goes to Gerstlauer otsr, way to tight and realy uncomfortable! >< Some Intamins strangely suffers from this too while others are just fine :? Eg iSpeed is perfectly fine while I305 is terrbile. How much I adore that ride I still have to admit that the restraints are some of the worst, all to small and probably made for midgets or something..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Gerstlauer Wooden Coaster Trains, the evil twin of GCI Millennium Flyers.

Villain%20Train%204-5-00.jpg

VillianBlackTrain.jpg

VillianStation2.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, the square track does that - blaming the trains is like shooting the messenger ;)

Colossus for me too. Those trains are so difficult to get in and out of and horribly cramped when you are in them.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Oooo! I'll just on that band wagon and add the Xcelerator trains. Very cramped seating compared to TTD the following year.

xcelratortrain_114.jpg

Xcelerator01.jpg
http://www.coastergallery.com/ga/Xcelerator01.jpg

TTD10.jpg

top_thrill_dragster.jpg

Mike

Giga Poster
The Xcelerator trains are completely incomparable to Colossus' trains, ESPECIALLY when talking about how cramped the seats are!