What's new

Least Favorite Coaster Trains

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I'd say your lucky if those are your least favorite trains.

Sir Ludicolo

Roller Poster
i would have to say, by a mile its Stampida at Port Aventura. every time i get off of that ride, my shins and knees are in tatters. it is so small in the carriage and the sheer pain makes me hate the ride.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I can see why many many people don't like the Colossus trains.

Personally though, I would say every Vekoma train I have been on (with the exception of Ben 10) has bee a painful nightmare.

wipeoutfan

Roller Poster
I really hate Vekoma looper and Arrow looper trains. They are so claustrophobic and you can't move your arm that is facing the outside of the train.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I agree with Xcelerator by a design standpoint. But aesthetically, they're cool in my book :)

Riddlers Revenge. Holy balls.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
As someone with extremely long legs there are a fair number I simply despise:
Morgans woodie trains - no leg room, the padding is rock hard and the restraints are uncomfortable
PTCs w/ ratcheting lap bars - there isn't much leg room and the restraints are ridiculously uncomfortable (not the ones on Ghostrider)
Most Intamin sitdown trains - I just have trouble getting into the seat and making my legs fit in
Older Premier trains - no leg room and pretty gross restraints that don't really work on me

On a side note I actually like the design of the Arrow trains because the restraints prevent my head from hitting anything and they don't lack too much in the leg room department, letting me actually enjoy the ride.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'm pretty average sized, so I don't dislike any coaster trains explicitly unless there's something about the track/train/me interaction that I don't like. Example: I'm ok with the Intamin OTSR's on Zaturn, but the exact same harness on Maverick or 1st iteration I-305 gives me karate chops to the neck. Vekoma sitdown trains are fine for most rides that have them, but nearly knocked my teeth out through the butterfly element on Gouderix.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
andrus said:
STC said:
Maurer Söhne spinning cars, always give me cramp.
What?
Youngster Joey said:
Millennium flyers...
..and what??

You guys have to explain why :wink: Those are some of the most comfortable trains in existence imo!

I find it a flaw that the restraints staple you no matter what after the drop. I also dislike most GCI's but that's a different discussion.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
andrus said:
STC said:
Maurer Söhne spinning cars, always give me cramp.
What?

I'm with Sam there. The MS spinner cars I find really tight and my legs cramp up. I like the restraints, but not the leg room.