Last 5 Coasters?

bmac

Giga Poster
1. Anaconda
2. Grizzly
3. El Toro
4. Bizarro (NJ)
5. Nitro

Kings Dominion was at capacity which is why I only got two rides in. Horrible way to end the year, imo.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ Not exactly the 2 you want if you're only going to have 2 coaster rides there, either.

At Howl-O-Scream 2 weeks ago:

1. Apollo's Chariot
2. Loch Ness Monster
3. Griffon
4. Alpengeist
5. Verbolten

BBH

Giga Poster
1) American Eagle -Red...At Night
2) Batman: The Ride...At Night
3) Superman:Ultimate Flight...At Dusk
4) Raging Bull...At Sunset
5) V2...At Sunset

I consider that a successful list.

reddude333

Giga Poster
My last 5 were at Knott's. Not totally sure of the order though.

1. Xcelerator
2. Pony Express
3. Boomerang
4. Silver Bullet
5. Sierra Sidewinder

Montezooma's Revenge is also in there somewhere. Sadly, Ghost Rider was closed :-(

bmac

Giga Poster
madhjsp said:
^ Not exactly the 2 you want if you're only going to have 2 coaster rides there, either.

You have no idea how much I love riding Grizzly, easily in my top 3 for coasters in KD.

Anaconda had a 40 minute wait, while i305 was breaking 2 hours and Volcano was closer to 3 (the line extended out past the scrambler). Grizzly was 15 iirc, and Hurler was closed for retracking. It was a nasty day to be in that park.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
That does sound rough. I've been to KD many times and I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 10 minutes for Anaconda, or 30 for I305.

I guess Grizzly really isn't too bad; it's certainly the class of their wooden coasters (which obviously says more about their woodie lineup than it does about Grizzly). Personally I'd put it 5th at that park, but with those wait times, that choice makes sense.

bmac

Giga Poster
I like Grizz a lot basically due to the fact that the only other wooden coasters I've experienced that are better than it are El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racer, and Twister. Everything else is just your standard fare wooden coaster than can occasionally excite but likes to stay meh as much as possible, or is just so outright painful it's not worth riding. Grizzly is one of those coasters that mixes everything in a subtle way, the out-of-control experience, a wooded setting, laterals, and air time. Only thing it really needs is terrain, which Kings Dominion doesn't have whatsoever. Maybe it'll finally start to drop when I ride more wooden coasters, which will come next year.

cookie

Giga Poster
1. Wild Mouse @ a local fair in Rostock, Germany
2. Fluch Von Novgorod @ Hansa Park
3. Nessie Superollercoaster @ Hansa Park
4. Crazy Mine @ Hansa Park
5. Mine Train Ulven @ Bakken

Nic

Strata Poster
1) The Swarm
2) The Swarm
3) The Swarm
4) The Swarm
5) The Swarm

Hehe! Not counting re-rides though then...

1) The Swarm
2) Flying Fish
3) Stealth
4) Nemesis: Inferno
5) Vampire

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
5. Millennium Force
4. Mean Streak (no trims!!!!!!)
3. Magnum (no trims!!!!!!!)
2. Mantis (no trims!!!!!)
1. Raptor

reddude333

Giga Poster
Mean Streak with no trims? Wow, didn't think I would ever hear that. You are a lucky man haha. Still a killer rough ride imo...and I like rough rides ;-)

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Not including re-rides:

- Timber Ride (Legoland Billund)
- Dragen (Legoland Billund)
- X-treme Racers (Legoland Billund)
- Polar X-plorer (Legoland Billund)
- Eurosat (Europa Park)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator