What's new

Lakeside Gardens Park

A

Anonymous

I like how u really didn't use much custom scenery. I'm working on a park now also not using any. (Of course thats cause my computer crashes everytime I try)

Rob

Mega Poster
No, this isn't dead!

So, after no suggestions for a new ride I took matters into my own hands. The new ride at Lakeside Gardens is Lakeside Thunder, an Intamin Giga Coaster.

The entire ride:
LakesideThunder3.jpg

Out over the lake:
LakesideThunder1-1.jpg

Different View from land:
LakesideThunder1.jpg

Lots of track:
LakesideThunder2.jpg

Station:
LakesideThunder5.jpg

Full Park:
LakesideThunder4.jpg

Opinions appreciated.

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks nice and I like the colours. Change the station building though. It's too blocky.
The rest of the park looks good as well.

Rush

Giga Poster
Yay! Something to nit-pick.

Your park is very compact, it's like Blackpool but less tacky and with better rides. (From looks anyway.)

I like the Schwazkopfs and the Suspended coaster very much.

The Mega coaster isn't too bad but you could do some more work on it. For a start the brake run is ridiculously small for that type of coaster. The layout is good up until after the airtime hill over the lift hill. It seems after that you're thinking '****, I need to get back to the station. I know, I'll build some pointless turns in mid-air so I don't have to delete anything.'

My suggestion is that you can extend it past the blue coaster (I'm not good with remembering names) as there's a nice bit of land there where you can do an out and back layout at the end. (With lots of bunny hops.) Or if you like pointless turns you can do some ones close to the ground as well.

Make the queueline meet the path as well, I just think it looks better. :p

Other than that it's not looking too bad. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to seeing more. :--D

Rob

Mega Poster
^^ Thanks Ollie. The station is going to be re-designed in due time.

^ Tom, the pointless turns are there for a reason, give a few positives and, it's meant to look like it's trying to get back to the station. This nride is kind of the Rita of the park. It's trying to fit into a small space on a fairly low budget. I'm going for realism on more than just the ride layout front, so it was a matter of what can I fit that isn't too big or expensive into that gap. Oh, and the queueline does meet the path, it's just the angle/light.

There is more to this ride, it's not finished as far as themeing goes yet, the park is going to see some big changes quite soon.

Which brings me to our new rides. Not giving away anything yet, but we are removing one of our big rides.

Rob

Mega Poster
The brake run is fine, its split in two, the first part is just trims and then the actual brakes come on after the maintenence shed. It's quite slow paced on the trims anyway so it's just fine, if I had screen recording software I'd show you but I dont. :p

Rush

Giga Poster
Yeah but the actual final brake run has to be able to hold the full train just like in real life. You are going for realism after all. :wink:

That means you might have to make a couple more of those pointless turns to align it into a straight brake run. :p

Rob

Mega Poster
The second half can, just, why does the entire train have to be on a straight piece of track anyway?

Anywho, talk about quick work;

Something stange going on....
Typhoonremoval.jpg

I can't put my finger on it, but something is missing.
Typhoongone.jpg

Rush

Giga Poster
why does the entire train have to be on a straight piece of track anyway?

Evacuation reasons I presume, it's easier to build a straight catwalk then a bendy one and it's probably safer.

Oh and noo.... that was probably the best ride there. (Although I thought it might be going seeing as there is that castle there which doesn't appear to be doing anything.)

I wonder what's replacing it? (Screamin' Swing?)

Rob

Mega Poster
> Over 100 feet high
> Intense positives and negative G's
> Speeding at over 50mph
> The most intense ride in the UK!

Lakeside Gardens brings you Voodoo Hawk in spring 2009.

Also, Seashore Serpent, new family coaster coming soon.

I'll post photos when you guess correctly what Voodoo Hawk is, unless I get bored, in which case you'll find out anyway.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Oh your so boring. I need something to pass the time while the images upload to photobucket!

Rob

Mega Poster
Well without further guessing, the only guess was wrong.

We have replaced Typhoon with....
Voodoo.jpg

Voodoo Hawk
Voodoo2.jpg

Intamin Multi-drop tower. Why? Well, Typhoon was clearly nothing all that special, albeit a lovelly recreation, and in that space I could fit two rides, one for the family and one for the thrill seeker, giving the park 4 thrill rides and 7 family rides. Voodoo Hawk gives a nice uniqueness to the park and something we could really shout about.

A few more screens:
Voodoo3.jpg

Looking down
Voodoo4.jpg

Seashore Serpent
Serpent.jpg

Serpent2.jpg

The latest overview:
Overall.jpg

Feel free to comment, although I don't want to make too many drastic changes.

*Appologies for double post*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to recap, Lakeside Gardens certainly has come a long way:
LakesideGardensPark.jpg

newoverview.jpg

LakesideThunder4.jpg

Overall.jpg

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Gotta admit, I only use RCT3 now to build just rides rather than parks as its too much hastle, however, for a RCT3 park, you've done a very good job. My only flaw would be to get rid of that horrid, painful looking Vekoma inverter and change it to a very simple b&m inverter or a flying coaster..... and call it something like 'Revenge of the squirrel' =P. Very simple 1 though. Apart from that, I think its very good. Good job!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Pretty impressive tower! A lot like Hurakan Condor though, I'm getting deja vu out of this. I think it's a much better idea than a Screaming Swing, so thank you Rob.

A small point here: what makes it to be the most intense ride in UK? Intamin towers aren't particularly that intense, they're just huge. I find Venom more intense than both Apocalypse and Hurakan, but Venom barely rises over 100 feet.

Ollie

CF Legend
Pretty good. Still try and work on your buildings more as some of them are still extremely blocky. Just try and bulk them out more.
Other than that it looks good.