What's new

Lakeside Gardens Park

trav

Mega Poster
I agree that it's really unrealistic.

I just can't see Intamin ever building something along the lines of that. It just looks too disjointed and looks like one of those "last minute coasters" that you hate so much.

Come on Rob, I know you can do better than that.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Your not giving me a lot to go off here. One minute it looks unrealistic, but the next minute it looks like a last minute coaster, ie: Rita (I know thats the one your thinking of because its the only one I ever moan about) Your being contradictory there Trav, it can't be unrealistic yet look like something thats real.
I think it looks real, It is a merge between Maverick, Storm Runner, and Furious Baco. It has a top hat, inversions, over water sections and high areas. Addmitedly, I know that there are no accelerator's with block brakes mid ride, but these suit the purpose and are neccesary. As I say, give me some way of making this look more real and I will have a go at changing it. If you just say it looks unreal and give no advice, I cant do anything. And what exactly do you mean by disjointed? (Those screens dont do complete justice to the ride, as they make some inversions look like drops etc)

trav

Mega Poster
It really isn't a merge between those 3. Trust me. If you can show me what part of any of those three has a turnaround like the one at the top of the 3rd screen, or that has anything like what you've done over the water, then I'll agree that it's realistic, but at the moment, those 2 bits of the track look really disjointed and look like you couldn't be bothered putting any effort into it (Which is what I meant by saying a "Last Minute Coaster").

Just because you take a few ideas from different coasters, that doesn't mean it's realistic, or that it's a merge of them. You need to be able to make the coaster flow through all of it, flow through all the different ideas from the different coasters.

As for what do I mean by disjointed, the turnaround after the first Flying Snake Dive I think it's called, where it goes up a hill, then down, then turns around, then down some more. It would look better if you made the corner into one of the corners that goes downhill at the same time, and just have a bit of straight after the downhill, before going into the airtime hill. Then, for the stuff over the water, I'd just scrap that bit altogether. I don't know what it is about that bit, but it just doesn't look right.

The first bit of the coaster is good though. It's just after the flying snake dive where it goes a bit weird. I just hope that you theme it as well as you have done with some of the other bits in this park so far 8)

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Seen as you don't play RCT 3, you wouldn't know that you can't put non vertical curved drops into the ride. I have to put a flat turnaround after the brakes, thats the only way to get it to go back in the right direction. As for the bit over the water, I think it looks really cool. I'll admit, it doesn't look the most real element ever, but I like it. If I elevated the land, and made over solid ground do you think that might look better?

And, I'm assuming the element your on about is the dive loop. Thats before the MCBR. The element over water is a half Cuban 8. (I don't know the coaster term for it, im guessing its a sidewinder)

trav

Mega Poster
No, I think it'd make it look worse without the water.

And what type of coaster are you using?
I think it'd look better if after the brakes, you do a straight drop down, then do an airtime hill, then raise it back up, and do a turnaround, then another airtime hill and you'd be back on the course then.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Ok, will email those recreations to you.

As for the accelerator, I'll get rid of it.

Could I have some opinion of what to go for next, i was thinking a small custom SLC (That was actually the ride I was origionally going for).

All opinions appreciated.

Rob

Mega Poster
Ok, my slc is built, but not themed. I would like opinions on it before I go to the efforts of themeing etc.

SLC1.jpg

From station to be.

SLC2.jpg

The intense area of the ride, featuring a roll over, sidewinder and inline twist.

Rob

Mega Poster
Snoo - The transitions and direction changes are quite slow, so I don't think it would hurt that much...

UC - I know exactly what you mean. Ideally I would have it as a compact layout, but I have a problem with space. The only way I could make a nice looking compact rollercoaster would require more lake infilling.
Maybe I should just put a flat here and save the coaster for somewhere with more space.

EDIT: I've done a bit more Infilling, and have an update for you. There is a rollercoaster installed, and in my opinion, it's fairly good because it's a type you can't relly go wrong with. Clue as to type: The only rollercoaster of its type in the UK. We also have a flat and resturant, and In my opinion, it looks much better than with the SLC or accelerator.

Rob

Mega Poster
Right, I've done a fair bit of work on the area, and I really think iot is a lot nicer as it is now. There has been more infilling around the area, and I believe that the rides themeing and resturant fit much better now. (For people like trav, I will appologise in advance for how the resturant building looks. I know it's a bit square, but its really hard to house RCT 3 food outlets inside an outlet due to the different hights of each type of food outlet.

Anyway, here it is:

NewAreaview1.jpg

Over view. Coaster is an S&S Screamin' Squirrel!

NewAreaview2.jpg

Looking from behind the resturant and exclusive area for those dining.

GritarArldira.jpg

The Screamin' Squirrel

NewAreasunset.jpg

And a lovely dusk view.

Opinions appreciated.

trav

Mega Poster
I just let out a lovely big sigh.

You like your squirrels, eh?

And yeah, that building isn't very good. About the heights of things being different...they're like that on rct2, and I still manage to build buildings that aren't just blocks. Just make the buildings more interesting, for example, in that area, I think it'd look better if that building was like a hut, with no actual walls, just like, poles to hold up a thatched roof. Then you could put the fire sticks at the entrance and it would make for a very good screenshot in the dark.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ You know I like my Squirrel's trav, it's your selective memory, I was telling you the other day at school that when I go to Gardaland its the one I want to go on most...

As for the building, I want it as a building, it is meant the be a resturant, not a sort of snack bar thing. I have however thought of a way to ressurect the problem so it should look better next update.

Rob

Mega Poster
I will be trying to get some work done tonight, so, expect some updates tomorrow (if anyone who still cares). I do appologise for my lack of work recently, however, I have been fairly busy. I will first focus on my resturant. After that, I will be looking at a new flat over at the other side of the park, maybe in place of Jet Star 2 or Tree Tops Coaster. I will decide tonight. Anyway, I will update you all as soon as I'm done. (I also have downloaded some custom scenery, so, I will try and do some more with the themeing.)

EDIT: I haven't given up on this, I just havent had much chance recently, so I shall update you when I do some work.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Firstly, you take the screen shots usig the nice button on your keyboard which says print screen. You then load up paint or another program and go to edit and paste. Then save the file.

All the scenery is default RCT 3 stuff. I also have soaked and wild so that may be what I have which you don't. Also, due to the incredible power of this computer I can get the frame rates way up so that it all looks really good.

Finally, if you look around you will find topics dedicated to helping you.

I will post an update seperatly, I will appologise in advance for the double post.

Rob

Mega Poster
Well, as I just said I shall update you all.

Basically, the park has been making a steady profit for a few years, so management have decided to splash the cash on a new family coaster. Unfortunatly, to fit the new ride we have had to sacrafice the Reverchon Wild Mouse, however, this attraction is still with the park so its return is not impossible.

So, without further a do, I give you the new attraction, a Vekoma Family Suspended coaster, under the name Rainforest Rush.

A quick re-cap of what used to be:
WildMouse2.jpg

Now, we give you Rainforest Rush:
RainforestRush2.jpg

Another view:
RainforestRush1.jpg

From the top of the first lift hill:
RainforestRush4.jpg

Train Transfer:
RainforestRushTransfer.jpg

2 trains now operating:
RainforestRush2trains.jpg

All thoughts and opinions appreciated.

(And Bartcoastersimpson, some of the scenery in this ride IS downloaded, but all the other rides feature default scenery)

trav

Mega Poster
It looks pretty good, but is there any way you can change the ground type in the station to something a little more concretey looking? I've never seen a coaster station with grass in it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^He does have a concrete floor in the station.

I would suggest making it a little bigger though as it still looks a bit unrealistic. Try making the whole base of the building concrete...

Rob

Mega Poster
^ I know what you both mean, origionally the whole area was concrete because the wild mouse needed a concrete footing, however, it looked absoloutly balls with the whole area concrete, so I will fiddle around and post some up dated screens sometime next week.

I would now like some opinion off you guys. What should I build next? You can have a nice new custom coaster, a few flats, wild mouse back, or what ever. I may also remove a ride for space, but we shall have to see.
Ideas appreciated.