What's new

Lagoon | Primordial | ART Engineering/Triotech Dark Ride Coaster

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Any updates on this? I saw the vid of it valleying during testing, and another forum has claimed it it having some major problems, and likely won't open until next year--but wasn't any more specific.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So we seem to be shifting into an opening of sorts with this one, Lagoon has opened up reservations to Passholders throughout the remainder of the season. Maybe it won’t have a full public opening until 2024, unless you’re one of the lucky chaps attending ACE’s Fall Conference later this month. Dare say we’ll be getting opinions out of the ride soon enough.

Passholder registration can be found here; https://specialevents.lagoonpark.com/

F189E0D7-1D5C-4795-BFDE-86C91FE66624.jpeg

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I'm a bit confused about what people expected from this tbh. We've known what is was going to be like for months. This is extremely impressive for an in-house build by a smaller theme park, especially considering the several endings! Like we don't see that at the big boys, much less smaller parks!
What do you mean several endings? I only saw a switch track after the drop track section, which I assumed it was because the ride has two drop tracks for operational purposes.

The ride looks certainly spectacular, especially considering it's built in-house, but I expected more coaster and less dark ride. As someone mentioned, very reminiscent of CW's Wonder Mountain's Guardian.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
What do you mean several endings? I only saw a switch track after the drop track section, which I assumed it was because the ride has two drop tracks for operational purposes.

The ride looks certainly spectacular, especially considering it's built in-house, but I expected more coaster and less dark ride. As someone mentioned, very reminiscent of CW's Wonder Mountain's Guardian.
There's also a tilt track! One side is a drop track and one is a tilt track. There's seemingly other changing elements in the ride as well. I've seen multiple people talking about something about an owl section not being used during the previews.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I've seen multiple people talking about something about an owl section not being used during the previews.
Not true, owl side was opened on the first day;

Basically each side has access to either a drop track or slide track. That’s two each that the park commissioned for this. And I say slide track instead of tilt track because it seems that ART Engineering has managed to go full SFX Coaster underneath our noses. Only difference is that they didn’t go bankrupt developing it, am still working to confirm what this hardware actually is;
5FD70B6B-FF78-4788-8372-2DA6A15FC3E1.jpeg

My only gripe about Primordial is Triotech’s involvement with the dark ride hardware. Don’t get me wrong, they’re competent bay creating simulators and have a pretty good storyboarding team. It’s just that a fair amount of Wonder Mountain’s Guardian’s issues have stemmed from them and both the blasters and now-scrapped 3D were horrible. I’ve already heard complaints about both out of Lagoon - hopefully both of these elements will be able to last long-term.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
This looks really cool, my main gripes really are that you can see too much of the latticework holding the mountain up (if it's visible in camera it's 100% more visible irl) before you get to the actual physical setpieces, but I'm glad there are setpieces. Also, not nice going up this nice custom mountain when all you can see to your left is a bunch of trailers and a dirt parking lot. But the multiple endings and routes is really cool, and it's interesting that they got the slide track.

Changa

Mega Poster
Why would they need to develop a slide track if the cars could just go down a dip while turned to the side?

I think it looks very impressive though. I'd love to work for the team that develops these rides as it must be such a great challenge to organise everything.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Official press release:

Triotech_Lagoon_Opening.jpg

TRIOTECH OPENS NEXT GENERATION INTERACTIVE DARK COASTER AT LAGOON PARK, USA

Primordial pushes the boundaries of immersion

Montreal, September 25th, 2023 - Triotech is proud to announce the opening of its
latest attraction: a thrilling next generation interactive dark coaster installed at Lagoon
Park in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
Developed in conjunction with Lagoon Amusement Park and other industry leaders, the
attraction named “Primordial” is a unique 3-level roller coaster combined with an
interactive dark ride featuring 8 media-based scenes and an alternate ending
storytelling. The project scope, completed by Triotech’s in-house studio, engineering,
and R&D teams, includes design, story, show, theming, audio, special effects, as well as
the development of a new blaster concept that can withstands the twists, turns, and
falls of this coaster. The attraction covers more than 71,000 sq.ft. (6,600 m2).
“Primordial is pushing the boundaries of the dark coaster concept” mentioned Ernest
Yale, President and CEO of Triotech. “We’ve included interactivity, pushed the
immersion to an astonishing level and most importantly, we’ve included alternate paths
as well as multiple different story twists. These different endings will keep guests
guessing, and of course, keep them coming back to the ride to experience all its
variants.”
“Lagoon has enjoyed the excellent, productive working relationship with Triotech from
concept design and storyline development to feature installation and integration with
the ride and theming components of the attraction. The Primordial interactive dark ride
roller coaster opened to outstanding reviews and continues to exceed our guests’
expectations. We appreciate the vision and association of Triotech to make our totally
unique design a fabulous reality.” commented Dustin Allen, Director of Engineering at
Lagoon Amusement Park.
Set in the mysterious and legendary world of the Dolomite Mountains, visitors embark
in this thrilling adventure to free the Dragon Dragnor and the mystical Owl Astradir and
restore harmony in the Kingdom of the regal lynx Queen Azdra.
The ride offers high throughput and encourages repeat visits as guests experience
different surprises, and thrills depending on the path they’ll embark on to free the
heroes.