What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

@Ollie:
If you're talking about that black room the "Krake" is created in, as far as I know, that's a maintenance-room at the back of the park. Don't ask me why it's totally painted in black, but it's no where near the construction area.

Bit of a slight bump, but look at this image..
155652_170007209697437_100000644782536_395303_7876767_n.jpg

I know it's just concept art, but could there be any truth behind it?!

Taken from the Heide Park Facebook page

That looks awesome, if it dives into the lake then that would be amazing like Vanish does.

p3723.jpg

Although don't know if that would actually be possible in that huge lake.

Also I love the way the tenticles are grabbing onto the track and onto the bridge, I hope they include that!

^Thats what I was aiming more to in my post rather then the drop into the water. I have no idea why they have put it in the concept image, I have 2 reasonings to why they may have done it..

1) To shop 'Steepness' and the height.

2) They are actually adding it..

We'll find out in a few weeks..

That could go someway towards explain why this is quite a "cheap" Dive Machine though (at least I think it is), since the lift hill would supposedly be cheaper like this?

From what I can remember, it wasn't necessarily a 'cheap' Dive Machine, more of a 'mini' Dive Machine, with smaller trains etc.

Edit: I'm kind of wrong, it is cheap (well, compared to Oblivion) at $10m.

^Thanks for clearing that up. So they're using somebody else's concept art? It's either that or they may have mentioned it being similar. I just didn't get chance to translate the text before I posted, I was in a bit of a hurry!

-lofty- said:
Bit of a slight bump, but look at this image..
155652_170007209697437_100000644782536_395303_7876767_n.jpg

I know it's just concept art, but could there be any truth behind it?!

Taken from the Heide Park Facebook page
This wasn't made for Krake. This is concept art for the Marvel theme park. It's probably being used on the FB page to illustrate "something like this", but that's odd none the less. Especially because, looking at that art now... that looks like what a mini dive machine could look like. At the time when I first saw that image, I read it as a MS coaster of some kind. Concept art usually doesn't describe ride type accurately though.

Here's a link with that image on it dating from last year, just to prove it's not for Krake. http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/what ... theme-park

^Yes we know it's concept art, everyone who posted the image clearly mentioned it was concept art and not a set-in-stone design.

I seem to remember there being a layout images earlier in the topic, which showed a regular lift, rather than a vertical one. But it's going to be interesting to see how the mini-dive machine turns out. B&M are doing some interesting stuff this year, about time too :p

UC I see your point, but there are often small elements of truth in concept art, so I don't see what's wrong with discussing what it might be like, surly all pre construction discussion is based around rough ideas and rumous?

Cool, bigger than I expected, I was expecting them to be 4 across for some reason. They are only 4 seats less than the normal DM trains with two rows.

Interesting...a 6 across floorless diver. That is alot smaller than I was expecting. I was expecting an 8 across train. Do we know if it is two or three rows though?