What's new

Knott’s Berry Farm building a B&M in 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. According to Screamscape, a permit was filed for “materials for an installation of an amusement park” at Knott’s Berry Farm, with the supplier listed as being none other than B&M:
Could this mean that Knott’s is building a B&M coaster for 2022 or at some point in the near future? This could of course just be materials for maintenance of Silver Bullet or something more mundane, but that wouldn’t explain the “installation” part of the permit, and it’s been rumoured that Knott’s Berry Farm has wanted a new coaster in the early 2020s for a couple of years now. Apparently a hyper has been rumoured for some time, but the park is not awash with space.

What are your thoughts? Could this mean that Knott’s are building a new B&M of some description, or is this permit for something more mundane like Silver Bullet maintenance?
EDIT: I’ve had a little bit of a root around, and apparently it would have been mentioned more specifically if this was merely parts for Silver Bullet… interesting. With all that’s gone on and seemingly the lack of other indicators of a major ride coming, I don’t want to jump to a rash conclusion that Knott’s is definitely building a B&M, but it seems like a possibility!

Last edited:
Hi guys. According to Screamscape, a permit was filed for “materials for an installation of an amusement park” at Knott’s Berry Farm, with the supplier listed as being none other than B&M:
Could this mean that Knott’s is building a B&M coaster for 2022 or at some point in the near future? This could of course just be materials for maintenance of Silver Bullet or something more mundane, but that wouldn’t explain the “installation” part of the permit, and it’s been rumoured that Knott’s Berry Farm has wanted a new coaster in the early 2020s for a couple of years now. Apparently a hyper has been rumoured for some time, but the park is not awash with space.

What are your thoughts? Could this mean that Knott’s are building a new B&M of some description, or is this permit for something more mundane like Silver Bullet maintenance?
EDIT: I’ve had a little bit of a root around, and apparently it would have been mentioned more specifically if this was merely parts for Silver Bullet… interesting. With all that’s gone on and seemingly the lack of other indicators of a major ride coming, I don’t want to jump to a rash conclusion that Knott’s is definitely building a B&M, but it seems like a possibility!
Well if there was suppost to be specifics in the permits if it was Silver Bullet's maintenance, then BE EXCITED! I really can't wait to see what this is

James F

Hyper Poster
I'd say 2023 would be more likely if that is the case as we would be seeing some on-site activity by now. Unless they are removing an attraction the construction may take a considerable amount of time if the coaster has to be built around existing attractions in a all year round park.

While I not making any predictions from this, remain hopeful!

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

If its anything, I personally believe its one of two options;
- B&M Wing Coaster (A redesign and relocation of the shelved wing plans for Kings Dominion).
- B&M Hyper Coaster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looking at Knott's Berry Farm on Google Maps ... where could they possibly fit a B&M? The park is pretty crammed full as it is, and expanding into the car park doesn't look like a good option because of neighbouring residential areas in those directions. Noise-wise, it seems like the best options are to the north or east sides of the park, but building anything there would involve moving a ton of flat rides. I could se Montezooma's Revenge being ready for retirement soon due to its age, but its footprint is long and narrow and not nearly enough to fit another coaster on - unless we're looking at B&M's version of the SRII here.

bmac

Giga Poster

bmac

Giga Poster
I can counter offer by linking something interesting in return at least.

On June 30th a shipping order went out from B&M in Switzerland to Clermont Steel Fabricators in Ohio. 38 pieces, 16,760 kgs total, or in freedom units about 970 lbs per item.

No idea what it's about, because Clermont usually only handles track fabrication and doesn't get any shipments from overseas. It's usually the opposite.

1625421943857.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.