What's new

King's Island "Unknown Coaster" 2014

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster
http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

In quotes: "New Coaster - Rumor - (8/28/12) The latest rumor for Kings Island’s next big coaster says that we can expect to see something very large rise up in 2014 on the Son of Beast site. No word on just what kind of ride it may be just yet." -Screamscape

For me, this screams a Giga coaster, by Intamin and along the same caliber as Skyrush (except for the height).
Even if it is not a Giga, it will be a very large coaster IMO.

Thoughts?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's way too early to speculate, but if we are going to speculate already, I think they will do a Behemoth/Leviathan type thing and add a B&M 300 foot + (but still shorter than Millennium Force because God forbid anything be taller than that) with a more terrain, speed layout than the constant hill layout that is Diamondback.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: King's Island "Unknown Coaster" 2014

Mah, Diamondback is midway, Son of Beast isnt too far off from it.

I do agree with it possibly being an Intamin if this were to be low to the ground and be reminisce of I305.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
It's way too early to speculate, but if we are going to speculate already, I think they will do a Behemoth/Leviathan type thing and add a B&M 300 foot + (but still shorter than Millennium Force because God forbid anything be taller than that) with a more terrain, speed layout than the constant hill layout that is Diamondback.

This. Or A long Terrain coaster like what was originally rumored for Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I've never been to King's Island but I feel like it would be a good complement to Beast and it would be a great people eater.

michaellll

Mega Poster
KI has so many glorious options for this. Like Snoo said, the environment is wonderful. For some reason I'm feeling skeptical though. :?

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
With that terrain? I hope they make something SEX.
This. Ground hugging speed through terrain.

Quite frankly, they have space for two gigas. One ground hugging speed and the other airtime hills.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^See I find that to be VERY realistic based on how the past few big projects have gone. Maverick and I-305 instantly come to mind, I know the problems with the acceleration coasters doesn't make them happy, and B&M is (typically) much more reliable.

bmac

Giga Poster
Doesn't surprise me at all because of their recent track record with CF parks, oddly those issues didn't arise with intamin installations in other parks in those times (green lantern, cheetah hunt, etc.). As long as this doesn't turn into the BGW"WE'RE NEVER USING INTAMIN AGAIN" business practice it all should be fine.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I think they definitely need a big launch coaster and with the big space the beast took up they could make a really long one. Maybe the B&Ms launch coaster model will be ready in time for KI to purchase. If not that a longer and more improved version of Full Throttle from premier rides. I would of said a gerstlauer or Maurer sohne but they are on the little too low capacity side. If not a launch coaster than I think a new b&m dive machine would be great or even an invert.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: King's Island "Unknown Coaster" 2014

They already have TWO launch coasters, both of which are sit-down, that are aimed at two separate groups. No need for a launched coaster of any variety.

bmac

Giga Poster
Tell that to its sister park, Kings Dominion. Its cousin Dorney also has three different inverts.

*see redundancy talk in Kings Dominion 2013 thread*

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
To anyone who's been to KI. Does KI have the space in the old SOB spot to make a new steel record holder in length giving the park the longest wooden and steel coaster?

Or is that never going to happen because it would outshine Cedar Point?

bmac

Giga Poster
They have more than enough space around and behind SoB. Their plot of undeveloped land is about as large as the park, especially around SoB.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
They already have TWO launch coasters, both of which are sit-down, that are aimed at two separate groups. No need for a launched coaster of any variety.

Sorry, i totally forgot they had Flight of Fear. I was thinking that Backlot Stunt Coaster was there only launch coaster

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to News & Rumours since nothing has been announced & construction hasn't started yet.