What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Re: Kings Island 2014 Roller Coaster

Intricks said:
They were tweeting the serial number of said piece, which is specific per piece. Plus, that track was green....not white...
If you are referring to the lone piece of green track at the B&M plant the current word is that it was a botched piece for the one at Ocean Kingdom and is headed for a scrapyard, this is based mainly on the fact that it's the right color and isn't raised off the ground to prevent damage.

rcjp

Roller Poster

Antinos said:
Tom brings up a good point. We've been hearing this rumored 4D from B&M for a while now. This could possibly be the prototype.
Well that would certainly be interesting!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Antinos said:
Tom brings up a good point. We've been hearing this rumored 4D from B&M for a while now.

Have we though? I'll be the first to admit that I don't really keep massively up-to-date with coaster stuff outside of CF, but I can't remember seeing anything other than years of enthusiasts' hopeful ideas, rather than anything even remotely official. That's not to say it won't happen at some point, but is there actually anything concrete to suggest it's on the way?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I thought when Raptor came out, there was some official who said in somewhere around 5 years they would work on a 4D model, or that was the original intention of Raptor to be updated

The second part seems more like a fanboy dream than anything.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Gavin, I agree that it's merely speculation, but Screamscape has mentioned the rumor every once and a while for quite a few years. I also remember something along the lines of what Tom posted above.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

From Screamscape:

All new blue supports (that appear to be for a Transfer track or station structure) have appeared on site at B&M’s fabricator in Ohio. According to the label, these are for a new Inverted Coaster for somewhere. Could this be for Kings Island or will it go somewhere else?

I would love to see another B&M Inverted!

PwOAKPO.jpg

Iy4AUGN.jpg

KG71qEQ.jpg

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

So the supports are blue. cool. so the bigger question is, what color could the track be? I vote dark green. haven't seen that before. But what if this isn't going to Kings Island? what if this is going to another park? what park could it be? ahhh! more questions!!! :evil:

Hutch

Strata Poster

Well I can't think of anywhere else it would go in Ohio!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

gavin said:
Have we though? I'll be the first to admit that I don't really keep massively up-to-date with coaster stuff outside of CF, but I can't remember seeing anything other than years of enthusiasts' hopeful ideas, rather than anything even remotely official. That's not to say it won't happen at some point, but is there actually anything concrete to suggest it's on the way?

TPR asked Walter this at IAAPA 2012, and he said it was pretty far in the future. It's also going to be a crazy expensive ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

What do you mean "another Patriot" which is one of the better inverts out there. If Patriot was on one of the coasts or in Europe, splooge fest would ensue.

If you mean named Patriot, or same color scheme, ok, but don't bash a ride that you haven't ridden that is thought of generally positively for inverts.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Erm.. How do you know I haven't ridden it?

But clearly seeing as I said "ugly primary shade of blue", it should be pretty obvious what I was talking about.

bmac

Giga Poster

Those look like supports for the brake runs and transfer track, at least from the inverts I've been on.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Crazycoaster said:
That's such an ugly primary shade of blue. Ergh I hope it's not another Patriot.
Second. Having a straight red and blue can make for an eyesore as they are starkly contrasting colors.

f9l8uv46ap001m2814gq8i.jpg

Nighthawk too had straight blue supports with a vibrant yellow after its repaint from Borg Assimilator.

a649q8001c6g291kh0esco.jpg

Of course we could possible see a Mantis color scheme, with dual-toned track to offer a neat color scheme.

2ukm1o14gq8g008k00e000.jpg

I personally would love to see a light color to contrast with the dark blue supports, possibly along the lines of the light teal we find on Air. (Rather complementing colors on GateKeeper)

ls9i8d483dtg1di000r140.jpg

smecn

Roller Poster

Was just at KI today. There are at least 4 or 5 triangular footers. Its interesting to see so many since ive never seen or heard of them in the past.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

From their Facebook-Page:

We will be unveiling our plans for a new world record-breaking attraction Thursday, August 8 at 10pm at the park. The announcement will be made immediately following our nightly fireworks show. You don't want to miss it!

My guess is a B&M Inverted Giga Coaster.

bmac

Giga Poster

It only needs to be 196 ft tall to break the height record. Maybe they're going for longest and most inversions?