What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

The Hedgehog

Mega Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
Either way, why the hell did they choose that color yellow for the restraints? Im not much of a fashion police type but those things look hideous.
Actually, I think the yellow looks good and gives the coaster a nice pop of color. If it was blue or the burgandy it would all meld together and look bland IMO.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It could be able to work. Gatekeeper had vibrant red on different shades of blue, which I was initially turned off on but it grew on me.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^GateKeeper's red restraints on the black and gold trains are awesome in my opinion. They really look nice when the eyes of the head car are lit up. The twinkling purple lights that go on when the train goes through the keyholes are another off-color feature that works well in my eyes.

Banshee's trains remind me of the colors used on our scuba gear when I did Seal team in junior high for some reason with the dark black-greys and the aqua with bright yellow. I don't know why but it really gives off that vibe for me. :p I haven't seen the trains in all their glory up close, yet, so the others might be a tad different for me.

Slept a bit this afternoon and getting picked up at 3-4 to go! Can't wait to get on it!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Hyde244 said:
^ The author of the video seemingly had synced her Youtube account with her Google+ account, which shows the poster's first and last name. Wouldn't be difficult to run a reference across the employee database.

However, here is the first official onride photo. Don Helbig, the park's PR manager, is seated on the far right of the photo.

Notice the clear view to the back rows of the train - this should really be a more open experience than previous B&M Inverts.

BlN1p2fCcAAZMhQ.jpg:large

I saw that picture this morning, but hadn't registered the line of sight all the way through the train... That's an incredible difference!

Jarrett

In line for my post-Banshee Chicken Shack food in the cold as I type this on a smartphone.

It's a happy medium in my eyes. Nice combination of old B&M forces and new B&M smoothness. Got a bit of snap on the dive loop and zero-g roll and some hang time on the inline. And the helix is pretty intense compared to the rest of it. Well done, Kings Island, well done. :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
2012Jarrett said:
It's a happy medium in my eyes. Nice combination of old B&M forces and new B&M smoothness. Got a bit of snap on the dive loop and zero-g roll and some hang time on the inline. And the helix is pretty intense compared to the rest of it. Well done, Kings Island, well done. :)
How do the restraints/trains add to the experience in line with the old skool trains?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Looks like B&M has finally found the perfect compromise! All I can say is, it seems like in this barely lit segment of the park, it'll give Beast a run for its money with its night ride experience:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOTgWr0J1Bw[/youtube]

Love the way Alvey can't remember the order of the elements or the elements themselves - is it THAT intense?

Great to hear you had a good time riding it Jarrett!

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I don't think it's "THAT intense". If you listen at the start he says he can't see where he's going because there's a bright light in his face for the video.

Jarrett

^^^The new trains are better in my opinion. You barely notice the restraints are there and all of the vests are unlocked from what I've seen. Only complaint I have is a bit of rattle but not to the point of discomfort.

marc

CF Legend
Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

In all honesty it looks good, looks the same type of forces as oz at Asterix.

I'm hoping someone who's done both can compare them.

I've not really read any reviews of people raving about it though. All people have really said it's a good solid ride for the park.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye, obviously hard to tell forces from a POV but it doesn't look like a world beater, just a very good, solid invert.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Is there a problem with a solid, fun, invert though? I mean Patriot is far from amazing, but it is fun. I'm thinking this is very similar, although a bit better.

marc

CF Legend
Re: Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

tomahawKSU said:
Is there a problem with a solid, fun, invert though? I mean Patriot is far from amazing, but it is fun. I'm thinking this is very similar, although a bit better.

No problem at all and it's good to see inverts being built again rather than another Wing Rider.

Jarrett

I just wanted to add; she does speed up when the sun comes out. I rode it later in the day. The day ride I got in the middle was very different than the morning one. In the morning the speed was pretty reasonable for what we wanted, but in warmer temperatures, it doesn't play around! It was so unusual to see it just barreling through the dive loop like that.

TR coming later, right now I need to get off campus (taxi driver is late) and change into some other clothes. But that shouldn't be a problem, I now have two, soon three Banshee shirts in my dresser drawer. ;)

Maverix

Mega Poster
I was also at the Media Event today. I will also vouch for Jarrett that the ride sped up A LOT when the temperature increased. The ride got more and more intense with each ride. Not only that, but it gets more intense as it goes through the circuit. After the zero-g all hell breaks loose. The turn up into the barrel roll is extremely intense in the front row, and the helix is extremely intense in the back.

Definitely exceeded my expectations.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Alvey said he was impressed with the ride and it's forces, and it was definitely a step in the right direction for B&M. He compared the forces to Kraken and Afterburn.

Also I love the look of the new trains. I hope the whole line up of B&M trains gets this remodeling.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Yes! The view increased greatly, just as predicted :) The only thing that is lacking now is that B&M jump on the lap-bar only bandwagon..