What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
No kidding. Beemers very, very rarely valley. Off the top of my head I can think of two, and one was during pre-season testing, the other also occurred outside operating hours.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Trains have been place on the track.

KI-045.JPG

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My verdict on the riding experience for these new trains is completely pointless now. I think it will be interesting to see how they ride, and if we see B&M ever reverting back to the old style, or sticking with (and refining) this new design.

BUT, I think the colours of them are sort of odd. The turquoise-yellow doesn't seem to match the blue-maroon track and supports. Don't know if they're going to look a bit weird when it's running...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, I quite like the look of the "new" Invert seats, but I think they might make the ride seem pretty forceless. I find the flyer seats absorb too much of thrill and movement of coaster, they're almost too comfortable. The "old" ridged seats feel like they're more connected with the track so it heightens the experience. Flyer seats are too floaty.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
I think the colours of them are sort of odd. The turquoise-yellow doesn't seem to match the blue-maroon track and supports. Don't know if they're going to look a bit weird when it's running...
Let us not forget this is the same company that brought us Silver Bullet.

Silver%20Bullet.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The station is coming along nicely.

Bg7pEuWCEAEIJc8.jpg:large

From the park's Twitter feed.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Brace yourselves - temperatures may actually rise above freezing within the next few weeks. That could very well lead to testing of this bad boy.

spicy

Giga Poster
Must have missed the memo that this thing has an entirely new train design with the wing rider style restraints.

Its interesting to say the least, why fix something that isn't broken is what I was thinking though.

The B&M clamshell restraint is better in my opinion, the vest can be quite claustrophobic if its too tight and you can have the clamshell fairly loose if the ride op doesn't pin you which allows for a better experience which isn't possible with these restraints.

Will be interesting to see what people make of them, hope it doesn't take away from what looks like an excellent coaster.

spicy

Giga Poster
Ignore me for being stupid I meant the normal B&M OTSR's not the clamshell. Dunno why I put clamshell :lol:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I was also at a Kroger the other day getting stuff to make dinner and I saw that they had a standee at the front of the store promoting Banshee along with season passes...and nearly flipped out and dropped my groceries. :p Forgot to take a picture but it's there for anybody else living in the area with access to a Kroger.

Lofty

CF Legend
Really like their map/guide, but I just wish they'd have used a white typeface for the URL at the bottom <//3

Hutch

Strata Poster
Whoa!!

1912120_10152620775698368_689907416_o.jpg

Their Facebook page claims that they've begun the landscaping and that it's "just a matter of days" until it starts testing. :)