What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Lofty

CF Legend
As much as this pains me to say, and believe me when I say I don't want to; there's a slight [slight] chance that this is actually going to materialise into something... I had a meeting yesterday with someone re: this project and it appears that something is in fact in works. I doubt it being as big as a full-scale theme park. But still...

davidm

Strata Poster
Some "info" released today....

castle.jpg

lands.bmp

aerial-2.bmp

Source : twitter.com/LondonResort/status/1202549081350049792

Edit : Ahhh I see it was also announced as part of a presentation at that Blooloop event that is going on today.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting to see! My expectations for this went from non-existing to ... hmm, let me check ... Still non-existing. But hey, at least they gave work to some concept artist.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Four visuals have been released, hinting at the “next generation” rides and unique experiences people can expect when the park opens in 2024

Hopefully they know that phones on faces has lost its luster. At least there is coaster track in the concept art.

I really want this to turn out to be wonderful and have great rides, and that the 70% of attractions which will be undercover is more than cinemas :p Lets see how much longer they can stretch and invigorate my hope.

davidm

Strata Poster
Well theres ~5 coasters that I can spot;
Big blue one in Spaceport.
Mine train-y one just above it in Jungle
The castle/dragon one in the Kingdom
Smaller one in the corner of the Studio
An odd indoor/outdoor one in the building on the right of Studio (looks like a bad render though!)

Theres also a Journey to Atlantic looking thing in the Isles and something that looks like track on the map view next to it, and on the map in the second gate (not on the concept art) there is a junior coaster looking layout.

So thats ALL CONFIRMED THEN ha ha ha.

Well theres ~5 coasters that I can spot;
Big blue one in Spaceport.
Mine train-y one just above it in Jungle
The castle/dragon one in the Kingdom
Smaller one in the corner of the Studio
An odd indoor/outdoor one in the building on the right of Studio (looks like a bad render though!)

Theres also a Journey to Atlantic looking thing in the Isles and something that looks like track on the map view next to it, and on the map in the second gate (not on the concept art) there is a junior coaster looking layout.

So thats ALL CONFIRMED THEN ha ha ha.
I am hoping the big blue one in Spaceport is a nicely themed and landscaped launch coaster. Low to the ground like Taron (technically) or a mix of high and low (Soaring With Dragon, Pantheon, etc.)

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Although I'm skeptical, what is the Value of them producing these concepts and keeping the project afloat? Is it more to do with getting investors than showcasing to the the 'public' on what to expect? or are their other weird financial or PR reasons in it? ( the business world confuses me)

If they know it's dead in the water or a low chance of happening, then why not just say? everyones pretty prepped for it to fall through - but they keep on fighting!
If they're the business people and they still have hope, maybe we the enthusiasts should too?

on another note - I much prefer these new original ideas than the previous 'IP' ones - I admit to cringing at the thought of a Thunderbirds attraction!

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Although I'm skeptical, what is the Value of them producing these concepts and keeping the project afloat? Is it more to do with getting investors than showcasing to the the 'public' on what to expect? or are their other weird financial or PR reasons in it? ( the business world confuses me)

If they know it's dead in the water or a low chance of happening, then why not just say? everyones pretty prepped for it to fall through - but they keep on fighting!
If they're the business people and they still have hope, maybe we the enthusiasts should too?

on another note - I much prefer these new original ideas than the previous 'IP' ones - I admit to cringing at the thought of a Thunderbirds attraction!
People are 'working' on the project, they can get a healthy salary as long as there's investment then fold the company when it collapses and not lose out personally. They might even have some kind of insurance for that happening.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Robbie

Hyper Poster
The concept art keeps the public interested and on-side, and brings in investors. Planning permission goes in and the good will of the public and the nice promises means it gets past. Then the theme park is determined to be unviable so they build a load of houses to flog off instead. Ker-ching!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The article says:
"It will eventually be a two-park resort – the first ‘gate’ will open in 2024 and the second within five years (2029)"

2024 will be 12 years since the park was first announced. The optimist in me thinks and hopes that it's still plausible. I'd love to know where the money is going to come from.

Yeldoow

Roller Poster
IF we were to put cynicism aside for a moment a accept that this will open in 2024 (and assume that would be at least for summer 2024 if not spring) when would they need to actually start building this? I'm guessing a lot of ground work would need doing, and getting services (water, electrics etc..) in place as this is basically wasteland at the moment.

I'd have thought work would need to be starting pretty soon.

Where do they stand on planning? Concept art is one thing but have they actually produced any proper plans? Do they need planning permission for this?