What's new

Josh73's 2nd RCT3 Competition!!! Due date extended! (page 4)

Who shall win?

• thekingin64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • reddude333

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • mouse

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • addy2053

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Josh73

Giga Poster
Josh73's RCT3 Terrain Coaster Competition

:eek: The idea is simple. Create a terrain coaster. To make my competion a little more unique, you can only use steel coasters. Steel only. It can be a Hyper, a Looper, anything. As long as it is steel.

I will be judging your coasters on:
-Realism
-Themeing/Story
-Layout
-Station
-Terrain Cleanliness
-The Coaster's Entrance Plaza and queue (the atmosphere around the ride, not just on it)

If your coaster does go underground, you will be praised if you make the transition very nice (i.e. roofs, walls, rocks, busches, etc.). PLEASE TRY AND KEEP THE COASTER AS LOW TO THE GROUND AS POSSIBLE! Use your judgement, however. If you even remotely think it is too high, it probably is. I will probably only take off 0.5 if it is (depending on how severe it is).

The due date is December 1st. When you are done, just post (if you want it to be more private, you can just PM me). If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me.
Don't be scared to post! You can use CS, CTRs, and stuff like that, but it won't affect the other members who don't.

Thanks everyone. If anything doesn't work with you, just ask. I know some people wanted more time, so I have extended it to a lttile under a month. If you need an extension, I will change it, just ask (4 days longer maximum)

Thanks so much!

Sorry Coastercrazy that the deadline couldn't be on the holidays, I go skiing then and wouldn't have enough time.

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: Josh73's 2nd RCT3 Competition!!! "The Terrain Challenge"

No, no, no! I had the idea first you BUM! :p

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ Prove it ;)

I "MAY" enter, it will all depend on how much available time I have as I still have the other competition to focus on and that soul eating game that is released tonight.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Haha, so you did end up making it a terrain challenge, lol. Well, guess I might have to make a whole knew terrain steel coaster....might enter, we'll see.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

I'll enter. I like think myself as great at making terrian coasters.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I'll (hopefully) try to enter with this one! Looks great and will start making mine as soon as I can get on rct3!Can't wait to start :--D

I've already started thinking of this and I have now got the layout and scenery almost sorted!

Can it be inverted/suspended?

Oh, and can we have no CTR's or CS please? Reddude333 got quite annoyed in the last comp and I guess that I will too as I have no extras...

:--D :--D :--D :p

reddude333

Giga Poster

I was mostly just annoyed because I figure that members probably don't take into account (when voting) that CS shouldn't affect those who don't use it. This being said, I think there is nothing wrong with allowing it.

Josh73

Giga Poster

No CTRs. Custom Supports, I don't even pay attention to, so if that fancies anyone, go ahead.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oh yeah, it can be inverted/suspended, sorry about the late answer, CoasterCrazy.

mouse

Giga Poster

Hoping to be able to enter this, although I haven't actually started yet. :roll:

Colossus

Giga Poster

Thats because some of have other competitions that we are in, me and reddude333 are still in the mouse comp, some could be in the NoLimits comp also, even without the NoLimits, we should still have just 1 RCT competition running at a time, meaning you would hopefully get a better turnout.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I'm in mouse's comp too :roll: I just figured that only 3 of us are in it, one of them me, so there would be addy, thekingin64, and mabye you guys. It's not like you have to work on mouse's comp 24/7. :wink:

Colossus

Giga Poster

Yeah I know your still in it, but its your competition so you cant really enter. Well no we dont have to spend 24/7 on the other comp, but we also cant spend 24/7 on RCT, we all have other things going on.
Dont get me wrong, id like to enter this and if I get the chance ill pop a little something in. I cant speak for anybody else but my coasters do normally take quite a while because iam quite particular and fussy with my coasters.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Well, I'm done with entries for Mouse and Addy's comps so there is a chance I will get to enter this one. Although I am also in the NL comp and that is a really time consuming project when I get the chance to work on it.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Right, Mine.

Free Bird

This is by far not my best work but it will do for this competition. What it is, is a B&M Flying coaster which is Basically themed to a bird flying free around the park, hence the name. It has a Top speed of 43mph and is Rated (going downwards): Medium, Low, Medium. It also has 2 "inversions"

Shot0119.jpg

Station and First lift hill.

Shot0121.jpg

The Layout. If you can see the Tunnel, that isn't meant to be there. When building the track went too far into the ground and the tunnel came up. Now it's there though, I can't get rid of it without getting rid of the track.

Shot0120.jpg

Another View of track layout.

Shot0122.jpg

A view from the top of one of the tallest hills near the coaster.

I should have a POV tomorrow night.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thats was very cool. Some of your best work that I have seen. Thanks for being the first and only confrimed enterer! I will post a full review at the end!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

During a small bit of retracking(banking accidentaly unbanked corners), I decided to get rid of the tunnel. Here's what it looks like now.
Shot0123.jpg