What's new

Intamin Gyro Swing coming to Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Am I the only person on the planet that thinks these are all boring? Sure Loki was the best of this type of ride that I've ridden... But it's still just a spinning swing. 🙈 😂

Some of the comments in here, and excitement levels, are making me question my own sanity... Have I completely missed something about these rides? I pretty much always skip anything like this. And they never seem to have a queue either.
I cant say this would have been my first choice either, however on the back of recent years and 3 additional closed rides and ludicrous capacity cuts this year I will take just about any investment at this stage.

I give it 3 years before it's down to one operator to check and recheck each seat, and loading can only begin once everyone is off the ride and at least 100ft away from the exit gate.

I give it 3 years before it's down to one operator to check and recheck each seat, and loading can only begin once everyone is off the ride and at least 100ft away from the exit gate.
Three years? That's optimistic

I like the sound of this ride - a hell of a lot better than Ice Blast (as us lot call it)

Won't exactly fit the area, but that's never really been a Blackpool concern

Any version of these rides are great, possibly my favourite flat ride type. But I much prefer coasters, dark, water and even transport rides. Flats are the first to skip when there's lots to do. Will now look out for lap bar only ones.