What's new

Intafail

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Hang on...

What the hell happened to that boys chair as it started to slow down?
Have a look, when the brakes initially catch the train, his chair pushes forwards forcing him into the restraint.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Rumor from the DOSH (Department Of Safety and Health) is that the cable did infact hit the chair, missing the rider behind, scaring up the chair and gashing the kids leg.

And I'm 100% certain the ride will be reopened in about a month, or less. These investigations don't take very long to do, especially of the incident was caught on camera ;)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
They both seemed remarkably calm until the train had come to a stop. Personally, I would have been ****ting myself. I know that rides aren't supposed to do that :p

Still, glad they're ok and I hope this means all Intamin Accelerators get checked after the report and investigation is complete, just to check there is no other fault with them.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Wow... considering the speed in which you see the seat bend/break that kid must be VERY lucky he didn't damage his spine :|

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Thats exactly it, Dave.

Once you buy off a manufacturer, do you really think parks are going to buy spare wheels, bolts or cables off of them? Hell no, it's the best, but its too expensive so they go to other sources.

A

Anonymous

WOW thats alot of damage to the fins and train skin plus im guessing the floor too.

kimahri

CF Legend
Xpress said:
I find it disturbing how you guys find this funny. Remember what happened to the Superman Drop Tower a couple years back? A girl lost her feet.

Potentially, someone could have lost a limb here, or even wrose.

But they didn't so all is finer than that.

Anyway I've seen worse and laughed at it.

marc

CF Legend
Do people still feel safe queuing under neither Rita and Stealth, I never have done.

It has cut through the train, they were lucky it could have been a lot worse.

Mark

Strata Poster
And to think some people were laughing about this and the apparently hilarious look on the guys face as the cable sprayed over him!

Please someone remind me to never queue anywhere near the launch of Stealth ay! (Please note I am aware that the train chasis is fibreglass and the fences around stealth are metal, I am being tongue in cheek!)

A

Anonymous

Wow that could have been really bad, those are two very lucky people! It looks like a lot of the brake fins have been damaged pretty badly.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Mark said:
And to think some people were laughing about this and the apparently hilarious look on the guys face as the cable sprayed over him!

Please someone remind me to never queue anywhere near the launch of Stealth ay! (Please note I am aware that the train chasis is fibreglass and the fences around stealth are metal, I am being tongue in cheek!)

Look what it did to the brake fin's. If it does that to Brake fin's It can damage the weaker fence alot more.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Haha It ripped the nose in half!

Im glad future models were designed differently... I.e. with 2 cables in a runner avoiding this.