What's new

Intafail

Xpress

Strata Poster
Well, just this week, Xcelerators cable system failed during launch, sending metal fragments of the cable onto front row riders. To add insult to injury, the kid in the front row got hit yet gain by the cable on the way back down. You can see the metal fragments on their shirts when the ride suddenly stopped from being jammed by the launch cables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn5yCeplHc4

Man, I loved this ride. I'd hate to see it removed because the park sees it as unsafe :(

marc

CF Legend
Was better than Stealth though :)

I quite liked it bust seeing the park had bugger all else that could be why.

Dave

CF Legend
Also A-Kid thinking it was funny when Stealth has been down for nearly the entire season. The boy was in clearly some distress.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I find it disturbing how you guys find this funny. Remember what happened to the Superman Drop Tower a couple years back? A girl lost her feet.

Potentially, someone could have lost a limb here, or even wrose.

Martyn B

CF Legend
So was that the cable that whacks that boys seat? If so, the person sitting behind him is unbelievebly lucky!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, after watching that video, it DEFINITELY looks like the cable whacked the back of the boy's seat. I think everybody on that train was lucky things didn't go worse than they did.

Kinda ironic, I was (literally) driving past Knott's today, and I noticed Xcelerator was not running -- then I find out about THIS!

Hope they can get it up and running again. It's my favorite roller coaster. =(

^ They'll have it running again I'm sure.. Didn't this happen with Dragster and Ka, or at least I know it happened to Dragster for sure.. And that reopened!

But wow, like everyone is saying, the people on that train were VERY lucky that things didn't turn out worse than they did. It'd be very scary though.