• hand it in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'd keep it.

If I lose stuff myself I just kind of accept it, feel a bit gutted for a few hours and get on with it. I wouldn't bother going to a police station to see if its been handed in, the police have more important things which they should be getting on with rather than minding stuff for clumsy people.

Leighton

Mega Poster
At first, I was thinking 'Oh, maybe I would hand it in' in hope that if I dropped that sum of money, someone would do the same for me. But after seeing that only 1 in 7 CFers would actually hand the money in, I think it is safe to say that even less of the GP would hand it in.

So, in that case, I would spend it!

:lol:

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
I'd hand it in.

I really don't expect much to happen to it, nor someone to walk into a Police station and say "I've lost £100 cash".

But, if I lost £100 (which I think is quite possibleI 'd expect people to hand in the money, in the clip.

Angel

Hyper Poster
I had this debate with friends a few weeks back but to be honest I would hand it in. But if its anything under £25 I'd keep it. Those are my morals anyway LOL!

Oh this is one of those things where I'd kind of have to be in that situation to know what I would do.

The way I'm being brought up would pretty much leave me with no choice but to return the money, or face being guilty for a very long time, however, it'd be so hard to turn down that much money!

I think I'd have to turn it in though, because like I said, I'd feel guilty for a very long time, and I guess upon turning it in I'd hope the person would give me a little bit of money for being honest!

Karen

Hyper Poster
Agree with Angel, £10-£20 I'd keep (still feel guilty though) but anymore than that I'd be off to the nearest cop shop. If it's a wallet then I'd hand it all in whatever the amount in it.

Lofty

CF Legend
I would keep it... no ****ing doubt :lol:!

Anyone who says they woud hand it in is lying lol!

pin142

Roller Poster
If I found it I would be around $240-$250 richer. It would be lieing if I said I would hand it in.

A

Anonymous

Beans said:
I would keep it.

My mum found £1200 in the doorway to a shop, she saw the man drop it but could n't catch up with him so she handed it in to the Police station which was only a few hundred yards away, but thats my mum for you!
How stupid.

I would keep it dont really get given £100 cash in hand at my age.

A

Anonymous

If it was a wallet i would hand it in if it was any more than £500 i would hand it in although the police might spend it on doughnuts or something.

Karen

Hyper Poster
It was my lucky day yesterday, the hole in the wall gave me £60 instead of £50! Even the receipt said £50! Still feel like I should go back to the machine and ring the number on it! On top of that......I won £10 on the lottery tehe.

Ben

CF Legend
Well, someone put £100 into my bank...

It wasn't EMA as I thought it was, it wasn't either of my parents, and there's no-one else it could have been.

I've withdrawn it just in case, cause it's mine now :p.

Fi

Mega Poster
Keep it. I'd feel guilty, but if I'd lost £100 I wouldn't expect to get it back, so neither should the idiot who lost it.

A

Anonymous

It depends on the circumstances in which I found the cash. I wouldn't want to rob something from someone who would hunt me down, for example.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ciallkennett said:
who on earth said that they would hand it in!!!!

Well, actually reading the topic, it would appear...

themeparkphreak said:
I'd hand it in.

I really don't expect much to happen to it, nor someone to walk into a Police station and say "I've lost £100 cash".

But, if I lost £100 (which I think is quite possibleI 'd expect people to hand in the money, in the clip.

Angel said:
I had this debate with friends a few weeks back but to be honest I would hand it in. But if its anything under £25 I'd keep it. Those are my morals anyway LOL!

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Oh this is one of those things where I'd kind of have to be in that situation to know what I would do.

The way I'm being brought up would pretty much leave me with no choice but to return the money, or face being guilty for a very long time, however, it'd be so hard to turn down that much money!

I think I'd have to turn it in though, because like I said, I'd feel guilty for a very long time, and I guess upon turning it in I'd hope the person would give me a little bit of money for being honest!

kaz said:
Agree with Angel, £10-£20 I'd keep (still feel guilty though) but anymore than that I'd be off to the nearest cop shop. If it's a wallet then I'd hand it all in whatever the amount in it.

jonnyrocks said:
Gah, you lot disgus t me! :p I'd hand it in, I'd be gutted if I'd lost that much, then if no one claims it, you get to keep it, with a feelgood factor :p . Once I found a tenner in the street and my mum made me hand it in, but I eventually got it 6 months later :D

furie said:
Lain said:
I'd hand it in. If I lost that much it's what I'd like whoever found it to do. Do unto others etc.

Of course if nobody claims it after however long the period is, I'd happily spend it frivolously.

I'm one of the few with Lain.

I've found £100, and I did that, handed it in to the police. It was claimed too (bastards).

And that was back when I was student and seriously could have done with the money. The fact is though, as a student, if I'd lost £100, I'd have been gutted, and to find somebody had handed it in would have been a Godsend.

I think it's also linked to my religious upbringing, being honest and all that is ingrained :)

thx said:
If I saw the wallet/100£ bill just lying on the street/whereever I would make an wall chart saying who was lost 100£ and then wait and return it to it's rightful owner.

Lain said:
I'd hand it in. If I lost that much it's what I'd like whoever found it to do. Do unto others etc.

Of course if nobody claims it after however long the period is, I'd happily spend it frivolously.

There we go.. .All in one place to make it much easier for people! :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
Im going to pop into my local cop shop every day and ask if anyones handed in 100 quid.

:lol: