If I found a ton in cash, I'd

• hand it in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lain

Giga Poster
I'd hand it in. If I lost that much it's what I'd like whoever found it to do. Do unto others etc.

Of course if nobody claims it after however long the period is, I'd happily spend it frivolously.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I'd probably keep it, but I reckon I'd feel a little guilty for a minute afterwards. Any more than £100 I'd probably hand it in.

I've found a £20 note a couple of times before and I've kept that.

My dad once found a full wallet, handed it in and he got a pen. Not sure if it was a posh or something but I suppose it's something.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Would definately keep it, but it wouldn't last very long as I would spend it very quickly! Probably on credit, fags and some alchol and get absolutely ****ed out of my face, then have a really bad hang over in the morning :D

A

Anonymous

danielfitzgerald99 said:
If I knew who it belonged to then I would return it. If I just saw it lying in the street off course I would keep it.

yeas same here, That's if i knew who it belonged to

Beans

Hyper Poster
I would keep it.

My mum found £1200 in the doorway to a shop, she saw the man drop it but could n't catch up with him so she handed it in to the Police station which was only a few hundred yards away, but thats my mum for you!

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Gah, you lot disgus t me! :p I'd hand it in, I'd be gutted if I'd lost that much, then if no one claims it, you get to keep it, with a feelgood factor :p . Once I found a tenner in the street and my mum made me hand it in, but I eventually got it 6 months later :D

Sam

Giga Poster
To be fair, with cash if you hand it in anyone can claim it. It isn't specific at all and so no one can prove it was originally theirs.

Jer

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Are there any honourable people out there? :lol:

hey but think about it, if they were dumb enough to drop $190 then why should we be honerable and give it back, they're the idiots. :)

Swat

Hyper Poster
I would keep it. Another trip to Thorpe seeing as my last visit got cut short. Dam power.

A

Anonymous

I'd keep the money and put it towards my savings for the bass I should hopefully be buying from Sky's dad. He'll be selling it for $1000, roughly £500. So £100 and I'm a fifth of the way there.
*sigh* If only I DID come across £100...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Keep It! I would go out and spend it straight away. As my Mum says:

"It's free money"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
I'd hand it in. If I lost that much it's what I'd like whoever found it to do. Do unto others etc.

Of course if nobody claims it after however long the period is, I'd happily spend it frivolously.

I'm one of the few with Lain.

I've found £100, and I did that, handed it in to the police. It was claimed too (bastards).

And that was back when I was student and seriously could have done with the money. The fact is though, as a student, if I'd lost £100, I'd have been gutted, and to find somebody had handed it in would have been a Godsend.

I think it's also linked to my religious upbringing, being honest and all that is ingrained :)

[heartwarming story]
Madame_Furie was in town with my evil-sister-in-law and both babies (ESIL and mine), and found a briefcase lying on the ground next to a posh looking car. They'd seen a bloke wandering off from the car, so they chased him and asked if he'd left his briefcase. He had and was pretty mortified, as it had a laptop in it, mobile, PDA, the whole works. So he gave madame_furie £30 that was in the wallet in the case to buy some toys for the kids. He said that he'd have lost that and more if he'd not got the case back.

ESIL_Furie was already working out how much she could pawn the stuff for I think and probably felt jipped at only getting a share of 30 notes. Still, madame_furie got warm cockles and £15 :)[/heartwarming story]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, but madame_furie could have sold off the contents of the briefcase, after salvaging them under some ancient law or something, and had more than £15 in her pocket.

So far this topic proves that just 1 in 10 people would hand in the cash, so the chances of somebody handing in money that I been retarded enough to lose is very low indeed.*

They say "Do unto others etc", well most others, according to this pop-tart survey wouldn't hand it in....

* I've not lost any money, I'm just trying to make my point.