What's new

If you could put any roller coaster in your home park, what would it be and where would it go?

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Well, Alton Towers is my home park and my go-to answer for any question like this has always been, of course, the cross-valley woodie.
But, that answer is about 15 years old now, things have moved on a bit since then haven't they? Alton has a traditional woodie now, and we also know that jumbo sized wooden coasters have a tendency to shake themselves to bits before too long, so the obvious answer in this day and age would be to let RMC do it in hybrid form. Preferably with a more inspiring layout than the one proposed back in the noughties, but still incorporating that 200ft plunge into the valley and back. Height, speed, length and airtime records for a hybrid coaster. World's largest zero-g stall, right over the edge before flipping back over and plunging into the gorge.
Up yours, Vengeance.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and have a cold shower. 🍆

What if it was an Intamin Hyper that used the layout of the Cross Valley Woodie? Add some launches to fix the boring parts (Based on a youtube video I saw of it)

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
Another vote for Brighton's Palace Pier getting some kind of small thrill coaster, a Euro-Fighter perhaps. I always thought a clone of the 410 model (Spongebob's Rock Bottom Plunge) would suit them.

Or, who was the company that did that small launched coaster, possibly also on a pier somewhere, that was a bit of a disaster? S&S? Were the problems with the screeching train eventually ironed out? It looked like it could have been a lot of fun! Possibly that instead.

They really do need something though. Turbo is an outdated, violent rusting old drunk (perfect for a Jeremy Clarkson IP) and tbh the Crazy Mouse isn't far behind, somehow it actually looks much closer to the point of disintegration. Maybe replace that with the newer model with the funky turn whilst we're on a spending spree!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Or, who was the company that did that small launched coaster, possibly also on a pier somewhere, that was a bit of a disaster? S&S? Were the problems with the screeching train eventually ironed out? It looked like it could have been a lot of fun! Possibly that instead.
GaleForce. Of course it was S&S. :p

It would be fab to see one of those pop up in the UK though. If they went for Brighton I might hear the screeching from here in Bristol!

Smithy

Strata Poster
If I'm including Billing Aquadrome then they're struggling - I'd love a Balder just chucked in to the fairground though. Realistically, next on my list is Helix but that wouldn't work on a flat caravan park, so it would have to be Shambhala next up. Just imagine the stunning views over the dual carriageway on the lift hill, the amazing swoop in between kingfisher lake and duck pond, the amazing ampersand up by the back of Virgin Active and the bunny hop hills in between Doris at Lodge 43 and Betty in Lodge 18. All complete with the theming of a ride through the sewage treatment works, and the worlds first rollercoaster complete with smell-sensations. Stunning.

jay37415

Mega Poster
I consider Dollywood as my home park. There is a lot of wooded land behind the Loyalty Parking lot for a terrain based coaster with the station in the wildwood grove expansion. 2 options here: 1) A terrain based B&M Giga or 2) A terrrain Intamin Blitz.

solarfall

Mega Poster
I live in Houston, so the closest thing I have to a home park right now is Fiesta Texas. I'll parrot the common opinion that they could use a hyper coaster, but since I really doubt Six Flags is willing to shell out the dosh for a B&M or Mack hyper in this day and age, I'd also be cool with them replacing Pandemonium with the Axis prototype or some new-gen Vekoma coaster.

Kennywood's my original home park, and I think they should yeet Raging Rapids into the Monongahela and replace it with a B&M invert. I know that's unlikely, but it's a HUGE gap in their lineup.