What's new

Ideas for Thorpe Park 2015 and 2012 coaster

Ollie

CF Legend
Thorpe could easily get an out and back wooden coaster to go along the side of the park where the train used to go to the farm. The turnaround bit could be where that pirate island used to be.
The station can be where the station for the train is now and when the track comes back down to Canada Creek it can follow the path the train takes round the log flume next to the rocks and trees for a final burst of speed at ground level with terrain.
Would be awesome. :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
^I've always thought Canada Creek would be a perfect place for a family woodie! I was hoping that what has become Saw would have been the wooden coaster I've been dreaming about, it would suit the atmosphere of the area so well, and gives riders of Loggers Leap something to look at while meandering around those lifeless turns!

It would be brilliant, I could imagine one spanning from by Loggers Leap to Rumba Rapids, it's got so much potential! :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Got bored so looked up the space on Google Maps. The station for the coaster would be the current station for the train. The lift hill would then take you up and then you'd go into loads of amazing airtime hills down the length of the park similar to Colossos. When the ride comes back down it follows where the train used to go over the entrance to the area so it looks good visually as you enter and seeing the coaster thunder past. It'd then go down to near ground level and weave through the trees and rocks round the outside of the log flume before hitting the brakes. :)
WoodTP2.jpg

Down the far end of the coaster it'd turn onto the island where the pirate thing/ship used to be years ago. Then do an awesome turnaround at speed before heading round for it's return journey down the side of the park.
WoodTP.jpg

Please take note Thorpe. :p

Ben

CF Legend
Haven't Thorpe already said no to a woodie because the structure is too dense?

That aint gonna happen Ollie, soz. ESPECIALLY not one that excessive.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^^Thats too big TP wont build a woody the size of that... and Ben has a point about the structure plus the fact Merlin found that gp dont really want a woody

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
^ would be but its not the gp wont think its really special..... I mean it wont get the cred it deserves just because the gp rates rides so much on loops, speed and height rather than quality

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I think in 2015, Merlin won't do another world-first. Perhaps something along the lines of Air at Alton Towers?

mouse

Giga Poster
As much as I would like to see a woodie, it wouldn't fit in with the park.
And, a woodie isn't that appealing to chavs, to tame for them, I guess...

Colossus

Giga Poster
lol thats true, i was there yesterday and the place was riddled with gypos and chavs yesterday as it all ways is on easter sunday.
Having said that? what is the chaviest ride type they could pit there lol

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I've visited thrope park before and i thought it was great but its missing some tall, air time coasters. I think it needs a hyper or giga coaster, but a flyer would always be cool too :p

Temleh

Mega Poster
The only problem is getting planning permission, Stealth was built on the basis no ride taller would be constructed in the future. I'd love to see an Intamin MegaLight personally, but as we're discussing what chavs would like, I'll say a B&M stand up, even though that type of coasters popularity died years back.

sawalive

Roller Poster
I recon 2015 will bring a world first coaster and my guess is that it will either go on a man made island or they will make something like G-Force at drayton manor in calypso quay i.e bannan boat and fungle safari! I really think an X car would be good for thorpe park!

Darren B

Giga Poster
I dont think Merlin would have a problem with putting another flying coaster into one of their UK parks and it would make sense to do so if it increases their park numbers, Nemesis/Nemesis Inferno and Rita/Stealth have both worked well for both parks So i wouldnt rule it out, Also i wouldnt be massively suprised or upset if they went with a Flying Dutchman if they choose the flying coaster, They are better received than most of Vekoma's coasters and the smaller cost would allow for some top notch themeing. But for me i would love to see a Mega/Mega Lite as i feel the UK badly needs one (yes i know we have the PMBO but you get my point....), Space isnt an Issue as there is bags of space to fit one in (out over the lake,into the car park,behind Nemesis etc etc..) And the GP would love it!!

alexdude98

Mega Poster
THORPE PARK 2012
Just a guess.
But LC might be Roman Numerals.
L = 50, C = 100.
DECODED:
Any guesses following on from 15012?