What's new

Ian & Vadge's Challenge - Merlin Flat, Coaster & Bre

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On Friday, me and Vadge are attempting a challenge.

We plan to visit the three London Merlin Parks (Legoland, Thorpe and Chessie).

In each of those parks we will ride a flat ride, a coaster, find a ride that has broken down and eat a burger.

We'll be doing an epic video as well 'cus we're mega goons. Park videos tend to be a bit YAWN nowadays as they've been done to death, so hopefully this challenge concept will be less-YAWN.

Do you reckon we can do it? Any suggestions as what rides to go for to maximise our limited time? What's likely to be broken down? (Cue the LOLZ EVERYFIN @ FORPE "jokes.") Any other way we could expand this idea?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Legoland: the new laser ride keeps breaking down, especially when we were there, 3 attempts, 2 pre-show and 1 ride! So thats my suggestion for a break down =D

marc

CF Legend
Well Slammer should be broken so you will have no problem there.

Chessie I think you might have a problem finding a broken ride.

Legoland I dont know.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Legoland flat-ride - Teacups!
Legoland Coaster - Probably Dragon, but maybe Dragon's apprentice if the queue is short?
Legoland Burger - Did you recently have a big win on the snooker? Only way you can afford one there.

Chessington flat ride - Sea Storm
Coaster - Vampire (usually less of a drudge of a queue and close to Sea Storm (ish).
Burger - BK next to Vampire.
Breakdown - ask Benin to sort one out for you :)

Thorpe
Flat ride - Quantum or Zodia (short queues)
Coaster - Inferno
Burger - BK
Breakdown - It will be one of those days where everything is running :lol:

Wow, how interesting and you'd already worked it all out anyway - you're just showing off your new project! :p

Slash

Giga Poster
caffeine_demon said:
does it count if you break the ride yourself? if not, bring a big hammer, and an industrial chainsaw!

Genius.

Good luck! Should be funny to watch a video like that.

Next challenge, every ride in Magic Kingdom in under the record time of 10 hours (and something minutes, will look up when im not in business :p, don't worry finished the work so I'm allowed.)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
furie said:
Breakdown - ask Benin to sort one out for you :)

Since when did I become a ride breaker? Plus I'm not working so I can't do anything then:lol:

Bring Chris along I think to ensure some rides break... Chessie will certainly be the hardest for a ride breakdown unless Fury or Rattle have a block shutdown... Truckers might be a good option...

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is fun but it seems too easy, I think it needs something extra to make it a real challenge.

Maybe something to do with ride-ops or just general park staff? I don't know anything good.

3 burgers in one day would kill me lol, good luck.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Since when did I become a ride breaker?
I remember you breaking Vampire once when I was at Chessie. I may not of been you but the other staff were laughing at you and you were leaning on the air-gates with your hands behind your head. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
This is fun but it seems too easy, I think it needs something extra to make it a real challenge.

We won't be getting to Legoland til 11ish, so that only gives us six hours! That includes travelling between parks - 30mins for each - so that means just 4.5 hours of "park time" to get to a flat and coaster ride, queue for it and ride it. Then find a broken down ride and eat a burger. Plus the filming and Vadge's Foot of Doom...it'll be tight I reckon!

Actually, I've decided to substitue the buger for a pint of beer in each park. That's if I can get beer in Legoland. (If so, where?)

Nic

Strata Poster
Yeah... I didn't agree to having to shell out for a burger in each park! If there were still MaccyDs everywhere, I'd be up for it, but there aren't. A pint sounds like a good substitution. Might have to make them shandys though due to driving :(

I thought it'd be more fun to try and do every coaster in every park. But now you've worked out how much ride time we'll have... I think 1 coaster and 1 flat is a better idea :)

ETA: I think there are places to buy beer in Legoland... dunno wehre though. How about changing it to an ice cream in every park... even if its freezing and pissing it down?

Oh, and if we get desperate for a breakdown... we could always 'accidentally' lean on an estop button or two :)

Matt

Roller Poster
Wait til someone "large" goes on Rameses. That'll be a good shout for the Chessington breakdown

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Vadge said:
How about changing it to an ice cream in every park... even if its freezing and pissing it down?

Actually that's a better idea. That way I wont keep needing a wee on the way to Nuneaton.

So yeah, no it's 1 coaster, 1 flat, 1 break down and 1 ice cream.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Legoland will sell you bottles of beer, large ones too. Look in the canteen/fish shop place next to the driving school first. Never seen a pint in Legoland though.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
When you say breakdown do you mean you have to be on the ride or just see one?
Great idea though, can't wait for the video.

An idea for one of the CF lives could be similar to this, split off into small groups for a couple hours, each team with video recorder and tasks or something like that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
10WaTT said:
When you say breakdown do you mean you have to be on the ride or just see one?

Just see one, or see a ride closed.

A

Anonymous

After 2 hours in the queue for Saw, and almost 90 mins each for Nem inf and stealth at thorpe recently...you'd be lucky to get any ride in the time you have!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Shouldn't be too bad on Friday (hopefully). That's half the fun, wondering what ride to go for.

Then the 49% of the fun is eating ice cream and 1% for being in the company of Vadge.