What's new

How would YOU like the Coaster Games section to be

kimahri

CF Legend
I would like to see the UC topic in the NL forums back.

The NL forums is just going to get clogged up with abandon topics plus it wont do anything with the Xpress bashing.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Kim said:
The NL forums is just going to get clogged up with abandon topics plus it wont do anything with the Xpress bashing.

I agree with Kim, its just going to turn into a mess with all the amount of Construction and then completed projects.

On the Xpress side, I know that I for one have been part of it, and I'm sure that it can be resolved.

I'd really like to see the UC topic back as it not only makes things more orderly but is also great to look through.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I know - it's been an entire 12 hours and the forum has already fallen apart!!! I just can't believe the drama!!!

Seriously, can you give it a bit of time to see if it works or not??? Personally, I read the RCT topics because of the separate topics. I don't look at the No Limits one because the UC topic such a nasty mess. So much 'bashing' goes on because if I leave the topic alone for three days, I have a ton of pages to go back through, which I just don't want to do. This way you get to see each project develop, as it does in the other sections. It works fine enough there, so let's at least give it a chance eh?

kimahri

CF Legend
Its funny how the last 2 pages on the UC topic had no bashing at all.

Dont know if you did read the UC topic but a Tonne of people did start a track and only post one screen or announce it before abandoning it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How about we see how it does? This isn't a set in stone system.

I had this problem to start with, it's new and different, give it a go. If it all goes tits-up then we can go back to the old system.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I agree^, although I'm already hating this. The forums are going to get clogged with pointless UC topics that will just add to wasted database memory. In my opinion, it's lame that the UC topic got closed.

And I'm sure we can all get along.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Looks a hell of a lot neater to me already.

I used to try and read the UC topic and just get totally lost about who was doing what with which coaster. At least now I can follow what's going on!

Active projects will always be near the top of the list, whereas abandoned projects will just slip quiety away into oblivion where they belong. And it won't harm the database! :lol:

A

Anonymous

If you put what MouseAt said about sections for each game and sub-sections, it would be easier to navigate if you put the games in order of age, like RollerCoaster Tycoon at the top and Thrillville: Off The Rails at the bottom.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's a superb idea but impossible with our current forum software - sorry.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Having your own topic for under construction stuff is good and thats how CF did it originally, but I think it should remain how it was previous to this change now and not go back to CF's old ways.

I like to see projects in one topic and half of them don't even get completed so why should it have it's own topic? Also, it shoves all of the completed stuff down to the bottom and lets face it, there's more things being built then there are being completed and posted.

How about we have a NL under construction forum and a NL completed tracks forum?

That's my 2p thrown in, weather it makes a difference I dunno... :)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^
It would be nice to have a sticky topic for like 'Completed Rides' where people post a screenshot and a link to their topic. So it's sort of like an index for completed projects. People wouldn't post comment there, they'd follow the link to the topic to offer comments.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Or, the best option (in my opinion) is to do it like CoasterSims does their ride uploads.

That way everyone gets their own personal ost for their ride, so that people can rate only.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Xpress said:
Or, the best option (in my opinion) is to do it like CoasterSims does their ride uploads.

That way everyone gets their own personal ost for their ride, so that people can rate only.

Get coding then! ;)

You seem to be missing the point that we are a coaster enthusiast site, with a games section. We can't justify the amount of work required (which we don't have the expertise for) to implement it.

A "completed" topic where people just post links and an image to their topic is a good idea - it's something I put in the coaster games section about 6 months ago in fact! :p

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... c&start=14

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yer but now, thats just like having the under construction topic but in reverse?
So we have a completed topic? Whats the point? The whole idea of this was to get people noticing things more and I just can't see that one working. The way it was, was fine. It felt like a little general social group rather than specific NL track, period.

I dunno if I make sense? lol

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^You know... I'm not sure it does... :lol:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, if I could suggest a change in the Coaster Games section, then I would tell you that you have spelt NoLimits in two words in the forum title. Even the official site writes it in one word, though with capital L.
Can this be fixed?

Sorry, consider the title pedant friendly! :) - furie

Jake

Strata Poster
Funny how all the people who actually USE the game are on one side...

IMO, the forum is already looking cluttered and messy.

I hate it.