What's new

How old were you when you hit 1.4m

Rush

Giga Poster
I was a midget kid. My first 1.4m ride was in October 2004. I was 11 and had been denied from Colossus a few months earlier. :lol:

YourNameGoesHere

Roller Poster
When I was 8, a month before I turned 9. But I didn't really care since I was (WAS!!!) too scared to go on anything. My first two 1.4m rides were Talon & Hydra.

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Absolutely no idea - I don't think they even bothered with things like that in my early days. Rides like Grand National had no restraints back in the day so H&S wasn't a big issue. I can't remember ever getting turned away from any ride.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I think we only had a few and I can't remember seeing ride restrictions at all blimey how things have changed!!

A

Anonymous

I think I was eleven, up until 2-3 years ago I was small for my age, now i'm about average. Of course, I didn't ride any big coasters until I was 12, so it didn't have much of an impact.

A

Anonymous

I was 8. We went to Disney World and I went on Rock N' Roller Coaster for the first time since I now met the height requirement of 48 inches. I wasn't into coasters that much back then, I was actually quite scared of them. Much different than I am now...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I think I was 7. I went to SFMM, and I was tall enough to ride Viper, but I was too scared too, so I rode Revolution all day. Wow, that was like 1996, I feel old.

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
With shoes on I think it was right before my 10th birthday, or a little bit after it. Without shoes I was 10 also.

BBH

Giga Poster
I was around 7, but didn't get to my first real theme park until the age of about 10.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
9 or 10 is around the age you should be reaching it, but those destined for 6'3" or taller will hit it at 7 or 8 (using the average graphs and stuff that they use in the medical profession for making thing sup ;) ).

Minor_Furie was 12 I think, and then really borderline. Maxi-Minor_Furie should hit it before he's 8 (I think he's about 1.36 cm now), but he's destined for 6'8" if he's unlucky - here's hoping for no mid-teen growth spurt for him.

Does anybody know why in the US, it tends to be a 54" height limit (1.37M), but over here it's 1.4M instead? I assume it's interpretations of the guidance given by manufacturers - so Intamin may say "Minimum safe height 1.37cm/54" " and then each park, or the country/continental H&S says "add in xx as a safe variance"? In the US, they just don't add it in, or in Europe, they add in a lot more?

It's just that 55" is pretty much 1.4M, so it's odd to have the difference - it also means that the US members get onto the bigger coasters younger than we do :(