• Sometimes

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
UC said:
Slightly off-topic (or is it?), but we really need a feminism topic.

Jordan, you know I think you're awesome, but you've seriously got a massive case of [strike]blue balls[/strike] stuck eggs over it, and it's starting to cause all the threads to [strike]stick together[/strike] become cystic and rupture.

Topical endometriosis? Now where's Joey to come in and be really disgusted?
Ian said:
Things I've learnt from this topic.

1. The "Gay Card" outweighs the "Female Card". Although I'd wager that the "Race Card" trumps all cards?

2. Waiters/waitresses expect tips and give a **** service, or aren't interested, if they know they're unlikely to get a tip.

3. This is the best thing I've EVER seen.
dead+horse.gif

All of these factors have not made me change my mind - I still won't tip. Unless they're able to show me that gif that is.

Excellent summary Ian. I shall have to make a flip book of that gif for you, so you can flash it at waitresses expecting a tip from you :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
UC said:
Slightly off-topic (or is it?), but we really need a feminism topic.

Jordan, you know I think you're awesome, but you've seriously got a massive case of [strike]blue balls[/strike] stuck eggs over it, and it's starting to cause all the threads to [strike]stick together[/strike] become cystic and rupture.

I'm a very stubborn person XD I think I feel like, if I don't respond to something where I have something to say like that, I feel I'm just letting stuff go, which is not how I do things. But even I feel like urrggghhhh for ****'s sake this is just going on and on XD

edit: you could have gone for some gender neutral phrases, but I'll let you off ;]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Would a picture of a nice fluffy bunny help you? Maybe a little lie down and a quiet nap? It must be hard being so delicate :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
furie said:
Would a picture of a nice fluffy bunny help you? Maybe a little lie down and a quiet nap? It must be hard being so delicate :p

Pictures of fluffy bunnies are always appreciated <3 Stupid furie =p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Only when you've gone back to the kicthen and made me pie.

thx

Mega Poster
I don't usually tip, also it's not expected to do that usually in Sweden (and Finland as well.) if the service and food is good I sometimes get them some extra money, but that's usually to round up the bill, say if something would cost 13.7€ I would maybe give 15e. I like the fact that over 95% of the time the waiters/bartenders thank you and are genuinely happy that they get any tips, which I prefer a lot to if I'd actually tip people and they would get annoyed...Although I do really understood and agree what LFTL and Jordan are saying about like annoying 27p tips or so. In some bars they tend have those annoying prices that end with 9, say 4.9€ for a drink, come to think of it-actually too often, I just give the extra 10cent to a tip jar or so.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I usually tip 15% at a sit down restaurant or bar, and I never tip fast food places. I was raised to always tip if the service is good. Very rarely do I not give any tip at all.

Jake

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
I made £215 in tips this weekend, thought you'd all like to know <3

Babe, the stuff you do in the car park after your shift doesn't count.

That's crayzay! My tips weren't that great this weekend. $80 over two days and yesterday I had a hole in my apron so I lost a bunch of change </3 Would've been much more :( .

Money <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
Another reason not to tip!

Mike

Giga Poster
I always seem to end up leaving ridiculous amounts for tips, as loose change annoys me (I might give $15 for a $12 meal for example, as $1 bills are annoying)... But only if it's a full service restaurant! The lady in Steak n Shake got a 50c tip, and I didn't even want to leave her that!

In the UK, if I am paying my own bill (i.e- not with family), then I don't think I'd ever leave more than £1.50, but I'll never ask to take off the service charge either. Again, quick service restaurants can get lost for tips!

In Australia, I'm not tipping at all, as minimum wage is already ridiculously high for these people.

^ People that tip ridiculous amounts <3

Some guy bought two shots ($6 for both), gave me the $6 and then handed me a $20 and told me to keep it. Another guy that comes in loads makes like, $2000 a week or something stupid so he always tips loads as well, and he only buys off me, so it's fab.

But then I had this annoying guy hand me a $20, bought one shot, and then the whole time I was trying to find change from him he was like "don't forget, $17! Don't forget, you owe me $17! I want all my change!" I was like wow, stfu, I can do math.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Lol, that is the WORST! Like, I'm not going to ROB your change from you, stupid people! I always ask if people would like their change. Not going to beat around the bush, we all know that in my job, I get tips, and if you don't want to leave one, then that's fine. Some of the other servers say 'I'll just go and get your change' but I find that annoying when I've spent ages trying to sort out the change and then they turn around anyway and tell me to keep it. I usually just say 'do you need some change there guys?' Because that way they have the opportunity to say yes please, or no thank you all without me looking like I'm digging for tips <3

And Ciall, I worked like.....30 hours, so that times minimum wage minus like....£40 or something I guess? I'm guessing there'll be like.....£150 in my pay packet.

^ We're not allowed to ask if people want their change. Some girls do, but apparently someone got fired for it, although I think that's a tall tale made up by the girl that doesn't like ANYONE, and so probably tries to stop us from getting tips :p .

Ben

CF Legend
'Do you want change?' is just a re-wording of 'am I getting a tip'.

You're still asking if you're going to get a tip Jordan, let's face it. The only way you'd look like you're it digging for tips is if the other person was deaf.