What's new

How many theme parks have you visited since parks reopened?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I got to go to Disneyland Paris and the Studios right before the pandemic started. That was a lucky strike!

Afterwards, just three:
- Walibi Rhône-Alpes (+2, since I had already been there some years ago)
- Europark Vias Plage
- Luna Park Cap d'Agde

Hopefully I can squeeze another quick trip somewhere before the year is over but I am not holding my breath.

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
One.

One park since February and it's not even a new one.

I got two visits in to Disneyland during the 3 weeks it was open.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
hey that’s two more visits to disneyland than i have so i’m a little jealous

what are you most looking forward to then when things start to get back to normalcy?

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
I am also in the zero club but i have requested a couple days off at the beginning of september and am planning to head down to clean up some creds in Jersey a couple alpines in NY and sneaking into PA for waldameer. Massachusetts is only permitting citizens to go to jersey new york all of new england (except Rhode Island) and Hawaii or else you need to get covid tested or quarantine for 2 weeks neither of which I want to do. Planning to hit 400 on the trip which is my entire purpose for the trip.
tell jersey i said hello! where in jersey are you going

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
Sadly I haven't been to a park yet in 2020. My little country has no theme parks and I haven't been abroad since I went skiing in Austria in January.

And while, yeah, it's possible to travel around most of Europe for us, I just feel it's way too risky planning anything serious for more than say 2 weeks in advance, so I highly doubt I'll end up going anywhere far by the end of the year. Maybe only a short trip to one of the neighbouring countries (though Austria and Croatia are looking really bad considering the most recent numbers).

I hope you all stay safe and have fun if you can visit any parks this year!

are you from slovenia of austria and croatia are your neighbors?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ive been to two:

- Lagoon
- Silverwood

and hoping to visit a couple more before everything closes for the season.

By the way, @sarahsmile,

what are you most looking forward to then when things start to get back to normalcy?
tell jersey i said hello! where in jersey are you going
are you from slovenia of austria and croatia are your neighbors?
ahhhh! i grew up like 20 mins from morey’s. have a blast!!!!

You can combine replies into a single post by clicking reply on multiple posts before submitting your own. It's a nice forum feature that quite a few people don't know about.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Alton Towers - was far too busy to enjoy. 90 minute queues surrounded by mouth breathers who want to stand right behind you.

Legendia - had a great few hours here, lots of big, open spaces and low crowds. Lech was phenomenal.

Energylandia - busy but walk on Hyperion and Zadra pretty much all day.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I had two days at Portaventura last month which I'm very grateful for, was a lovely trip. I have Europa Park booked for early September but I've had to change my flights from Basel to Frankfurt to avoid the French quarantine. Now need to hope Germany doesn't get booted off the UK safe travel list in the next three weeks.

I also managed to sneak in a Towers trip back in March for the emergency services buy out day but it was a bit tragic with Wicker Man and Smiler closed all day. That was back in the days when everyone was mad on hand sanitising but masks and social distancing weren't a thing yet. Can't say I'm fussed about visiting another Merlin park this year but I might see what they're like in September when quieter.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I had two days at Portaventura last month which I'm very grateful for, was a lovely trip. I have Europa Park booked for early September but I've had to change my flights from Basel to Frankfurt to avoid the French quarantine. Now need to hope Germany doesn't get booted off the UK safe travel list in the next three weeks.

I also managed to sneak in a Towers trip back in March for the emergency services buy out day but it was a bit tragic with Wicker Man and Smiler closed all day. That was back in the days when everyone was mad on hand sanitising but masks and social distancing weren't a thing yet. Can't say I'm fussed about visiting another Merlin park this year but I might see what they're like in September when quieter.
My flights to Basel in September have been cancelled - how's the journey from Frankfurt to Europa? Might have to look into that.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
My flights to Basel in September have been cancelled - how's the journey from Frankfurt to Europa? Might have to look into that.
2.5 hours drive so definitely do-able. I'd check if there's flights to Baden Baden first as it's much closer and Stuttgart could be an option too. Good luck mate, hope it goes smoothly.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Anywhere. As much as I should be grateful that life here is relatively normal, the over-the-top travel restrictions have meant that I haven't left Hong Kong since early February and I'll be lucky if I can go anywhere before the year is out.

On the plus side, I've made an effort to get out and explore areas I probably wouldn't have otherwise, and it's a gorgeous place to live, but I'd give my left bollock for a weekend in Macau right now, and I don't even like Macau.

Matt N

CF Legend
Anywhere. As much as I should be grateful that life here is relatively normal, the over-the-top travel restrictions have meant that I haven't left the city since early February and I'll be lucky if I can go anywhere before the year is out. I'd give my left bollock for a weekend in Macau right now, and I don't even like Macau.

Do they have social distancing regulations and things in place in Hong Kong to the same extent that they do in the UK or the rest of Europe/the USA, out of interest? I thought things were pretty bad in Hong Kong COVID-wise, as I know that HKDL closed down again not too long after reopening.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Do they have social distancing regulations and things in place in Hong Kong to the same extent that they do in the UK or the rest of Europe/the USA, out of interest? I thought things were pretty bad in Hong Kong COVID-wise, as I know that HKDL closed down again not too long after reopening.
There's been a big upswing in infections in the last month, which is what caused Disney to close again, and there are currently a few restrictions. For example, restaurants can only sell take-out food after 6pm and they've closed all the beaches, cinemas, theatres etc.

Prior to this, we didn't have to consider "social distancing" since it wasn't a new concept. As soon as there was information about the virus , EVERYONE was wearing masks without the need for government guidelines. People actually ignored the initial "no need for masks" thing and that was instrumental in keeping infections down.

Until 3 weeks ago, we only had around 1,000 infections, and it was mostly down to people being responsible, an immediate shutdown of schools, theatres, museums and closing down the borders to any tourism whatsoever.

However, there were "gaps" which have resulted in a recent wave of infections (no restrictions on airline staff or merchants from the massive shipping industry who were free to come and go). The government have responded with the whole "restaurants closing at 6pm" thing as a way to pass the blame to the everyday people who'd already taken it upon themselves to keep things under control, rather than close the loopholes which have resulted in the recent wave of infections.

We've never had a lockdown and life is relatively normal apart from the bar/restaurant "closing at 6pm" situation, which has only been in effect for a few weeks, but the reentry restrictions for residents (two weeks of quarantine), while understandable, make it basically impossible to leave.

I could've gone back to the UK for a few weeks during my summer holiday, but I'd have had to come back two weeks early to quarantine, and be stuck in my flat for 14 days. I'd rather stay here for the whole thing and be able to come and go and live relatively normally.

JammyH

Hyper Poster

Both Basel and Strasbourg are close airports, but given the current quarantine requirements from travellers from France, they are best avoided right now.

As @Benenen said you can consider Karlsruhe/baden-baden, which isn't far away, but you have to be willing to fly ryanair, and public transport isn't really an option from there as the train station is nowhere near the airport (so you will need a taxi or you will need to hire a car...).

For public transport Frankfurt or stuttgart become your only options. Stuttgart offers good flexibility with flight providers; ryanair, easy jet, Eurowings and BA all go there. I'm not sure about Frankfurt. But Stuttgart Airport will take you about 3 and a half hours to rust whereas Frankfurt will take you about 2 and a half hours. It's going to involve a couple of train changes and then the Europa Park shuttle bus, but its not a confusing journey, especially if you use the deutsche-bahn app.

Frankfurt/stuttgart are both about a 2 hour drive to the park if you are hiring a car.

Yes, you were very lucky for Portaventura, I was very upset to miss out. Are you all booked up for Europa Park? I'm planning on a trip as well for early September and combing with trips-drill/holiday park, but will be doing it all on public transport rather than driving. I'm not going to stay on resort I'm booking all my properties through booking.com instead I think...

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
In no way would I call them Theme Parks, but I've done 5 'locations with creds' since national reopening:
Funland not at the Tropicana
Barry Island disPleasure Park
South Poorade Pier
B.Hole & Sons fair
St Nicholas Farce

Thrilling stuff.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
So - I've done:

Joyland Great Yarmouth
Pleasure beach Great Yarmouth
Britannia pier Great yarmouth (no creds, but nifty ghost train)

Thorpe park
Legoland
Chessington
All horrendously busy - especially thorpe, where it took over an hour to get in!

Even picked up 2 new creds! (Family star and duplo dino coaster), but unlikely to visit any major new parks this year!

nadroJ

CF Legend
"Proper" parks, two: Towers and Chessington.

I've been mooching around seaside parks a fair bit this summer so alongside the above I've also been to:

Pettits Animal Adventure Park
Britannia Pier
Joyland
Barry Island
Funland at the Tropicana
Brean Theme Park

Praying further travel corridors don't get spited as planning to go to Italy for Bank Holiday weekend and Germany in October but honestly I'm being cautiously pessimistic and not expecting anything to go to plan.

cookie

Giga Poster
I've done Bakken, Tivoli Gardens and Hansa-Park this year, all post-outbreak. Technically also a temporary installation in Rostock with a few fairground rides, most notably this thing.

I'm not optimistic that Liseberg will be re-opening anytime this year, but if their Halloween season is somehow allowed to go ahead I could pay a visit.