What's new

How many theme parks have you visited since parks reopened?

Scottingtonville

Upstop Media
Staff member
Social Media Team
Let’s see:

1. Universal Studios Florida
2. Islands of Adventure
3. Busch Gardens Tampa
4. Sea World Orlando
5. Disney’s Hollywood Studios
6. EPCOT
7. Fun Spot Orlando
8. Fun Spot Kissimmee
9. Fun Spot Atlanta
10. Six Flags over Georgia
11. Lagoon
12. Hersheypark
13. Dollywood

And of all of the above, Dollywood has the best smelling/texture hand sanitizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niles

Giga Poster
0 ?

However i'm going to Spain hopefully next week and might pick up this bad boy of a park https://rcdb.com/10208.htm

Thankfully i got to do a few parks before they closed this year the highlight being paultons park, outer than that i will be waiting for 2021 for any trips.

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
Let’s see:

1. Universal Studios Florida
2. Islands of Adventure
3. Busch Gardens Tampa
4. Sea World Orlando
5. Disney’s Hollywood Studios
6. EPCOT
7. Fun Spot Orlando
8. Fun Spot Kissimmee
9. Fun Spot Atlanta
10. Six Flags over Georgia
11. Lagoon
12. Hersheypark
13. Dollywood

And of all of the above, Dollywood has the best smelling/texture hand sanitizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow it’s almost like you’re just following me around??

busch and universal have the worst. dirty feet scented.

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
0 ?

However i'm going to Spain hopefully next week and might pick up this bad boy of a park https://rcdb.com/10208.htm

Thankfully i got to do a few parks before they closed this year the highlight being paultons park, outer than that i will be waiting for 2021 for any trips.
looks like there’s a family coaster there for a credit! have fun. spain looks amazing. what are your 2021 plans?

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Piss poor tally: 1: Blackpool Pleasure Beach but I'm busy with other stuff now to be fair or could have done some more UK parks.

Maybe a few before the end of the season. Travelling abroad is pretty much off the table now with all the extra quarantine rules for European countries added today. Unless these change I guess.

Niles

Giga Poster
looks like there’s a family coaster there for a credit! have fun. spain looks amazing. what are your 2021 plans?

As of now my trip plans for next year are Austria & Poland or Sweden & Norway, I have not decided yet. I was meant to do a trip to the USA this year going to Carowinds, Dollywood and Silver dollar city but that has gone out the window now.

Spain is great, if you ever think of going, I would say do Catalonia it’s my favourite place in Spain, not only is it great for Portaventura and Tibidabo but you also have a lot to explore, it has some really beautiful places and great food.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Sadly I haven't been to a park yet in 2020. My little country has no theme parks and I haven't been abroad since I went skiing in Austria in January.

And while, yeah, it's possible to travel around most of Europe for us, I just feel it's way too risky planning anything serious for more than say 2 weeks in advance, so I highly doubt I'll end up going anywhere far by the end of the year. Maybe only a short trip to one of the neighbouring countries (though Austria and Croatia are looking really bad considering the most recent numbers).

I hope you all stay safe and have fun if you can visit any parks this year!

Edward M

Strata Poster
*Drum roll please*

Zero.

I do quite miss the parks and have been tempted to make my way over to Great Adventure for some Toro time. However, I’m not planning on visiting any park until things have calmed down quite a bit. The pandemic in the US is only continuing to worsen, and, though the parks have done well to adapt, I still think a park visit is a dangerous prospect right now. So a 2020 park visit is looking less and less likely. Here’s to hoping 2021 looks a bit better!!

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Just wrote a speil but you have said exactly what I want to say @Edward M. Theme parks are supposed to be a fun escape from reality, but the reality is that I will not be escaping nor having fun if I am stressing about guest-self-enforced social distancing, wearing a mask, and a limited attraction availability amongst a pretty much standard capacity summer crowd.

So none for me either at the moment.
Hoping to get a short europe trip in september and a trip to towers/blackpool too, but throughout summer hols I have and will be avoiding visiting parks as a guest like the plague.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
In less than 2 months, I managed:

1 Duinrell
2 Efteling
3 Walibi Holland

4 Babyland-Amiland
5 Le Royaume des Enfants (Draveil)

6 Europa-Park :eek:
7 Tripsdrill
8 Holiday Park
9 Energylandia
10 Legendia

11 Disneyland Paris (tomorrow)

After a surprising amount of credding considering the context, I also decided to semi-isolate myself, and not see people from my family, as several relatives are particularly vulnerable to the disease (older people), until I get tested for the virus again.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Two, Hershey and Lake Compounce.
Really not sure (due to crowd fears) if Im going to do my KW, CP, KI possibly out to Chicago trip. Though I want to. Not sure.
I still got a free 2nd day to Hershey, so some point before years end I'll go there again.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Parc Asterix
Europa Park
Walibi Holland
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Energylandia
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Fantasy Island
West Midlands Safari Park
Tropicana Funland (I think it’s called that) in Weston-super-Mare (And no... I’m not enough of a whore to grab the gogator!)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
None. The borders have mostly been closed, and with the measures in place it's not really tempting to visit any of the three parks we have here in Norway. I can do a season without going to parks, I've done that before.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
wow it’s almost like you’re just following me around??

busch and universal have the worst. dirty feet scented.
Energylandia’s smells like they’re literally just topping dispensers up with spirits, as in rum, gin and whiskey... With each dispenser smelling like a different spirit. Wouldn’t be surprised given the price of spirits there and the price of sanitiser at one point!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I am also in the zero club but i have requested a couple days off at the beginning of september and am planning to head down to clean up some creds in Jersey a couple alpines in NY and sneaking into PA for waldameer. Massachusetts is only permitting citizens to go to jersey new york all of new england (except Rhode Island) and Hawaii or else you need to get covid tested or quarantine for 2 weeks neither of which I want to do. Planning to hit 400 on the trip which is my entire purpose for the trip.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
One.

One park since February and it's not even a new one.

I got two visits in to Disneyland during the 3 weeks it was open.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
An interesting side note... By this time next week, I’ll have spent more days in Energylandia this year (8) than Alton Towers!!! Stupid passholder prebook!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
In terms of proper parks, Oakwood. In terms of bonus extras, Coney Beach, Barry Island and Weston-super-mare for a selection of +1s, awesome spinny flat rides, and a variety of ghost trains. Fun times.