What's new

Holiday World | Thunderbird | Launched B&M Wing Coaster

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Bye-Bye Giraffica aka Pilgrims Plunge

Double post but whatevs:

A website has been revealed through giftinfs from Holiday World as shown by the following twitpic:

853356273.jpg

Going to this site brings you to a holiblog post written by Leah, in which she talks about her father, secrets and the fact that she finally has secrets to make of her own (and some of which keep growing larger and larger). In doing so, she ends it with "As 2015 rolls closer...

Oh no, perhaps Ive said too much"

Which is a bit closer of a hint at a coaster. She also tells us to prepare for Monday, in which the website shown above, will go live. Another hint shown in the twitpic that may help point more evidence to a roller coaster, is the little poem on the card in which they are finally going to keep an old promise.

66 Days At Sea.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Another hint that it's a new coaster is the phase "Our next Voyage begins May 19".

Here are the photos of the clearing by Voyage's second drop that are posted on Screanscape.

db_2014_04_HolidayWorldClearing11.jpg

db_2014_04_HolidayWorldClearing21.jpg

Casio

Mega Poster

According to ECC Six Flags have both RMC orders booked up for next year, and for 2016 Kolmarden have one. So if this is for next year it's a probable nope, but 2016 could be possible.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I really don't know. Holiday World has a fantastic relationship with Gravity Group, and if they stick with a wooden coaster I see them going with Gravity Group for it. I dont see this being a wooden coaster though.

Any who, the website is now live and it looks like another internet campaign vaguely similar to the vlogs for Goliath. It shows an older styled map with a journey between mapped out.

bmac

Giga Poster

And 66 days of sifting through Dippin Dots to see what it'll actually be.

Intricks

Strata Poster

It seems that there are pictures involved as well, so they may end up being put together to see the whole picture/announcement

Intricks

Strata Poster

Another double post but again, whatevs.

So I guess they had come out right when this thing was beginning amd stated that it will be their most expensive park addition yet, so we are looking at something over the 13 million mark I guess.

Something interesting though, is that the shredded paper sent to package the boxes may either be a HUGE clue, or a massove red herring. You decide:

IMG_1921%5B1%5D.JPG

Edit: The clues so far have been pretty odd, mainly sticking to photos of clouds, a british flag on a steel mast, a video of them inside their wave pool (but it was to signify travelling I think) and a sketch of a seagull.

Now, with this mosy recent photo, the base amount of cost figured out and the seagull, part of me wonders if they are going in the similar style of how Skyrush was done (with journal entries in the jungle about a giant winged parrot soaring overhead). This is all speculation at this point, and Im curious to see what else they will be showing in the coming 2 months!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

I'm bit surprised by the lack of speculation about the new ride. I know it's very early on and not much info has been released, but I personally can't wait to rename and move this topic to Rollercoaster Construction when the big announcement is made on July 24th.
With the clues given so far it could well be a large Mack Rides SuperSplash similar to Atlantica at Europa park or another steel coaster since the park doesn't have one. It might also be a new Gravity Group woodie to keep in line with the park's other coasters, but maybe it could have inversions and the long awaited Timberliner trains (a la Hades 360). Another possibility is a RMC makeover of The Voyage, which is less likely since that wouldn't have anything to do with Giraffica's removal but could be the cause for the clearing near The Voyage's second hill and the few new footers shown in the image above.
So many possibilities...

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'd like to see a steel coaster, but with how much focus they put on the water park, I feel it will be a water coaster.

I think a eurofighter or something smaller would be a great fit there. I loved the park and can't wait to go back. Something completely unique to the area, and cheaper. I'd love to see a wooden launched coaster, it seems like something the park would do. It's hard to say anything as there is so many possibilities at this point, kind of just shooting in the dark.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

tomahawk said:
It's hard to say anything as there is so many possibilities at this point, kind of just shooting in the dark.

Hyper log flume dark ride hybrid?

:p

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

A Mack SuperSplash would be a massive disappoint considering that its not a ride that the general public would like considering that Pilgrims Plunge/Giraffica is partially the same thing. Them showing the sky though could be a hint towards something taller than the Voyage. Honestly, I can't wait to see what's in store with me being one of the closest to Holiday World geographically and it being my home park :)

Just seen this now, that ride was sort of sub-par but the lift hill was an amusement park related moment I won't forget! Terrifying stuff! Excited to see what the new addition is, like people have said, their focus has seemingly been on the water park lately so I would think a water-based attraction. Either way, Holiday World <<33

Intricks

Strata Poster

From yesterdays clue, part of me thinks it could be related to the Timberliners on Voyage, or the parks new ride will have them. Simply put, the clue is all about Speedwell, the ill-fated ship that was made before the Mayflower, amd while it was originally due to set sail with its sister, it had to be docked repeatedly due to constantly taking on water. It was eventually found out that the mast had to be replaced as the original one was too heavy for the ship to begin with.

This gets me thinking about how we have seen the Timberliners testing throughout the years, but always being "docked". Could they have finally figured out what exactly was off about them for them to ride on Voyage (which also helps the whole Voyage is getting an inversion theory), or could they just be adding in a ride that will use the Timberliners and have a bit of interaction with voyage at some point.

Based off of todays clue though, I get the feeling we may honestly be thinking far too small for this expansion. In their press release, they stated that this will be the biggest expansion in the parks history. We all know its happening in/near their Thanksgiving themed area, and their clues seem to be taking up bits of children, high thrills and family for its focus. Going with those recurring themes, and the inclusion of "Three passengers are with Children" from the clue, we could be looking at an expansion of Thanksgiving rounding out near Hyena Falls water slides, and out towards Voyages 2nd hill, with the family ride being a possible Mack Water coaster, a more thrilling Gravity Group wooden ride with possible inversion/adding of inversion to Voyage and a childrens ride to round it all out.

Ugh....I hate speculation at times like these >_<

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Didn't the park already release a statement that the Timberliners would not be used for The Voyage? I seem to remember reading that. After riding Hades 360 I think there's a valid reason why those trains have only been used on other smaller/less intense coasters so far (Wooden Warrior, Twister & Roar-O-Saurus).

Johnnyupsidedown posted this marker photo and an image showing off the approximate locations of things:

h1.jpg

h3.jpg

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

Yeah I was gonna say, after stating that it would be the largest expansion in park history they are going big. You have to remember that they added Thanksgiving all at once so this is going to be even bigger than that expansion

Intricks

Strata Poster

So after the most recent clues, especially todays, the new ride will include a higher height requirement than their current rides.

Also, footers have begun to be dug and they are for a Steel coaster, not a wooden.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster

This is a really tough one. From the clues one thing that came into my mind was a B&M hyper similar to Diamondback, with the splash finish, keeping that Mayflower theme "at sea". I'm not quite sure thats what it could be but from what the clues are that is the only steel ride that makes sense to me. Other than that I'm really lost at what it could be, but it will probably be a good ride.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I'm starting to think this could potentially be a Mack LSM. I know I said Gerstlauer Infinity a while ago, but upon dissecting the "beakhead and chains" clue, I think that was a dead giveaway that the chain lift hinted in that clue was a lie, given how it's talking about a liar. Anyway, I'm guessing a small pre-launch portion like Helix's out of Giraffica's station through the old trench surrounded by water that goes into a mild launch and a Manta/Alpina Blitz-esque segment before hitting another launch (represented in the clues by the storm) that goes into something more along the lines of Helix/Blue Fire with inversions ("times we can no longer stay upright") and a few dives into underground tunnels surrounded by fake rockwork looking like sharp ocean atolls (represented by "the clouds block out the sun" comments in the journal). There are a few reasons I think this is a Mack, but I think the biggest is the clue from Day 21,

We tell the children the bow of our ship resembles a plow, cutting through the ocean waves. The spray on deck feels colder now than at the start of our journey.

which I think is hinting at the train shape. The general consensus from various sites that are also following this is that the speculators are the children in the entries, so from that perspective, they are telling the people who would be speculating this. And this:

211A.gif

totally looks like this:

5b94416c288c07f8-helix_121009_train_vit_35.jpg

(Okay, not TOTALLY, but you can draw some resemblence. :p)

I feel like Holiday World might not have the intent to theme the train (The Voyage was supposed to represent a ship and it didn't have themed trains) and would just go with the lightning print on Storm and Alpina's trains as it would fit the squall theme, but this could hint at the zero car. The second Mack supporting clue is from Day 6's infamous "empty barrel" comment. Perhaps this references Mack's trademark barrel rolls into brake runs found on what I believe to be all of the Mack Megacoasters bar Manta at this point. Maybe this is saying that the barrel roll goes over the pre-launch?

It seems in today's update that things have calmed down a bit in the story, though, so I'm thinking that we're getting into the main storm in the story, as in the climax. Maybe the first and second ones represent the stage between launches 2 and 3, the small break there representing an MCBR? And with it calming down, maybe this represents a slow coast to a near stop (like Manta and Helix have) and maybe even some darkriding (I think there was a large pit behind the old Giraffica site that could be a small building for this, and Gobbler Getaway's "cardboard" style could easily be nicely repurposed to make a cool cartoony marine disaster scene, oscillating blue panels cut to look like water rippling, ship cutout sinking, clouds oscillating, the like) before getting into the ride's final launch and craziest bit yet? The layout of this seems to be cut to go from Giraffica to the area between The Voyage and Splashin' Safari so maybe we're looking at a Cheetah Hunt-esque out and back layout that detours into a dark ride?

Just a few honorable mention theories I had:
*Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster- Pretty much the same theory I mentioned above but with a lift portion instead of a tame launch portion
*Smiler Clone- The Smiler is listed on Gerstlauer's website, there seems to be enough room for one, there was a mysterious "13" on one of the recent clues and the "empty barrel" comment could represent the removal of the first barrel roll (making 13 the number of inversions). The only thing not supporting this is the footer layout, which kind of sinks this ship (no pun intended. :p )
*Zierer Vertical Drop Coaster- The "13" in the woodwork mentioned above could have been hinting at a freefall drop. We've seen these from Intamin (they'll probably never work with them again after Giraffica), Cedar Fair in-house, and Zierer, leaving Zierer as the only real candidate to produce something like this. This would be a Verbolten-esque ride but with multiple times in the event building, launches, and inversions. With Verbolten's whopping $54,000,000 price tag, a big brother to it for a park the size of Holiday World sounds pretty farfetched. Helix was $36,000,000, though, so my suggested ride about Helix's size might be a bit out of price range too.
*Premier LSM- Pretty much the same concept I suggested with the Mack but with Premier. It seems more like something Mack would do, though.
*Mack Water Coaster- As fitting as a water coaster could be for this, it seems to be a tad low profile for marketing like this.
*Zombie Togo :p

All this is really making me want to get out to Holiday World to ride this next season, and I'm going to try to go this season. Can't wait to see more!