What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, and I'm just glad that, since I've been pulling for it all along, it doesn't seem to have let anyone down...at least in terms of how it will ride (I suppose some people are still caught up on the lift, but I don't think people will have time to criticize it while going up it at that speed). At this point it seems almost impossible for Skyrush to not be incredible, given it remains untouched aka no trims.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Wow...looks just as majestic as the B&M's...

To be honest, after viewing the earlier testing videos I was slightly disappointed with the ride, but now they've sped everything up and KT has filmed from some really angles, I no longer doubt this ride! :--D

Only criticism is that; perhaps it could "fly" lower down, closer to the water.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
552858_3596768151372_1038519439_3299865_1380922715_n.jpg

294968_3596777791613_1038519439_3299871_1783779378_n.jpg

These pics are two of the sexiest thing I have ever seen.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Very nice, alot better than I was expecting. I like how fast the lift hill carries the train over the crest. I still think the lift hill is butt ugly though :/

CPcisco

Mega Poster
I have to agree with Venom, the lift structure has not grown on me. I am not talking about the whole two supports thing, as that is pretty cool. I am talking about the mass of I-beams bolted together, it really looks almost messy in my opinion.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Have you heard of full stops?

I agree about the lift, it does look majorly odd, many due to the fact it looks there's loads of flat sections joined together.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well that's funny, cos that's exactly how it's made. ;)

I understand they will have used this type of lift for engineering purposes only (as in, not really aesthetics), but I just think it's so massively contrasting to the rest of the ride that looks really graceful and clean. I think it looks awful...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'm gonna jump on the "it's ugly" bandwagon, they should have themed it to Steam Punk, would have worked a treat mock Victorian! The speed off the top and curve of it look great though!

They've obviously done it like that to have only 2 supports. My question is, and the answer may well be somewhere in the previous 74 pages, but is that because they think there's less cost in fewer supports? Or because it's going over a crowed area of the park and don't have room? I know supports are costly, but there's an awful lot of metal in that lift and more in the double-spine track than the old single. Ideas?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know quite enough about Hershey's layout, but I remember people saying a while back that underneath the lift is quite a lot of stuff. I think there might be sections of other coasters and shops etc that they couldn't build on, meaning fewer supports was the only option. At that stage they probably had to reinforce the lift hill, and settled on doing it this way.

Personally I think a lattice style lift (like I305) would have looked a lot better, but then it's more complex and maybe more expensive.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Its going over Comet. Plus they built an entire new walkway (seen in the updates) to help ease some traffic that is going to flock to that area.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
So Hershey said on it's Facebook page it will be releasing testing video at 4:00pm EST. I asked if it would be POV and here's what they responded " it's all from the ground right now, BUT, POV will be coming..."

So No POV today but we at least get some official testing video

Snoo

The Legend
Poo. I wanted a POV. We'll still get footage from other angles we might not get anywhere else.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Does anyone else think they would have had a better shot of the stengal if they wouldn't have switched views.

Anyway, it's nice to get some footage of the very end of the ride since I wasn't actually sure what it looked like.