What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

reddude333

Giga Poster
So I just received a Google alert today regarding a possible marketing campaign that Hersheypark is in the process of carrying out: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/02/3_men_try_to_solve_riddle_of_h.html

The article discusses "mysterious" clues and events that have taken place recently in which a group of coaster enthusiasts have come into contact with "men in white lab coats" who had a survey and gave the enthusiasts a puzzle to solve. The puzzle led them to this website: http://www.rideinstitute.com/

Apparently there is speculation of a new roller coaster, some say a B&M dive coaster due to various clues that have been released over the span of the campaign. There is also a link on the site that give an email address claiming that there will be no response unless the encryption key" is received.

If this is solely the work of Hersheypark, I find it a brilliant attention-getter and although not a new concept (unveiling of Fahrenheit in 2007) the mean of which the entity is releasing details is quite unique.

I'd love to hear what others know and what you guys think the new ride will be...

I know this topic has been brought up before but it was quite a while ago and maybe some people have new speculations, etc.

Snoo

The Legend
I have $ on this being an Intamin.. something big.. because that is where all the rumors have pointed.

Ben

CF Legend
Didn't they have quite a build-up to Farhenheit? With the... Nigami? Nintami? Something like that... So it's nothing new on their part.

Speaking of which, they really DON'T need ANOTHER coaster that goes vertical. Seriously Hershey, that'd make three of them with vertical, beyond-vertical or somehow vertical-related drops as an element. Bored of them now...

ALSO.

Hersheypark <3

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, despite all of the early speculation about Griffin and dive coasters I would prefer Intamin...and I don't necessarily have anything to back this up, but it would also be interesting if they were to put in one of the new B&M concepts...can't remember exactly what the model is called but it has the riders to the sides of the track...

Ben

CF Legend
I could REALLY see them getting a Wing Rider thing, that would really suit Hershey - slightly quirky, utterly awesome.

I kinda don't want another Intamin either. I like a balance in a park between Intamins and B&Ms, so for me they could do with a second B&M.

Did I mention Hersheypark is ****ing AWESOME?

Snoo

The Legend
Hershey is one of my favorites.. so agreed there. The only problem I see is the lack of space. They have discussed getting ride of SooperDooperLooper.. in which they will have a ton of new space.. ect ect.

A wing rider could work back there.. and could look sexy next to Great Bear and all that.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, SooperDooperLooper does kinda take up a lot of space and it is really outdated...probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea to replace it with something new and slick...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Sooperdooperlooper fills a niche for them. They don't really have much in the way of 'starter coasters'. It is also quite popular, judging from the lines for it the three times I've been.

Unless they are planning on alienating families (which I doubt) or they are suddenly having issues with the ride and obtaining parts (likely) Sopperdooper isn't going anywhere soon.

Snoo

The Legend
I think the lines are moreso because of the fact that the capacity is complete and utter ****. I went on a dead day with walk ons on everything but SDL.. because they suck at running it.. ect ect.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well as much as I think it is important to have "starter" coasters to appeal to families and feed the next generation of thrillseekers, SDL isn't looking so good and they could benefit from a replacement...as well as other issues like what SnooSnoo brought up.

Coasterfiend

Roller Poster
so many rumors of new coasters in 2012! too bad we will all be dead by then (yet another rumor). I think a new coaster in hershey would be cool, its a surprise to me how much space that park has. A B&M dive would be awesome, because they are one of my favorite types. Hopefully this does happen

michaellll

Mega Poster
Well, tons of people in Keystone Thrills seem to believe that it's likely to be an intamin mega, and that includes the admins on the site. I don't know if it's simply because of screamscape throwing that rumor out there, or if they have some other source.

I can't believe hershey would want to fit a mega into the space they have, but hey, I'm not complaining. I was just expecting a megalite.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, I'm not sure how they would fit one in there...at least not without replacing some other attraction. But that would be pretty kool. I like the idea of a wing rider would be awesome too. I don't think they will disappoint...