What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Hersheypark |

marc said:
They could be using the same style lift as they used on their spinner at Bakken.
Is this not using a Cable Lift? I didn't think that Tornado did? I just thought it was a quick chain?

oryp

Roller Poster
From Lifthill.net:

"The double-chain is powered by a hydraulic motor at the top of the lift hill. The same propulsion method can be found on the Lifthill of Insane, Tivoli Gröna Lunds Zac Spin Coaster. The speed on the Lifthill is remarkable, but yet waits with a special “kick” at the end. On the last few meters of the lift hill, the motor accelerates to a top speed, which literally feels more like a launch than a usual 'lift'"

On the topic of Skyrush, it looks incredible! I hope I can get to the park at some point this year.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Fahrenheit also uses the double chain lift - I would imagine it is a more reliable/cheaper lift system than the cable.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I thought the reason for Fahrenheit's duel chain lift was because of the vertical lift not having anti rollback teeth. If one were to fail, the other would be able to pick up the slack and finish the job (no pun intended).

Skyrush definitely uses a cable lift.

oryp

Roller Poster
Yeah Skyrush is definitely using a cable lift like I305 and the Mega-lites (and it's rediculously fast as well!).

Did we ever see where they ran the return cable? I know they couldn't just dig a trench like I305's because of the water, but did they run it back up the lift structure?

Lofty

CF Legend
^ They will have done. If they can't run it from underground, the ONLY way they can do it is if they run it through the structure itself, unless they're using magic...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
oryp said:
Yeah Skyrush is definitely using a cable lift like I305 and the Mega-lites (and it's rediculously fast as well!).

Did we ever see where they ran the return cable? I know they couldn't just dig a trench like I305's because of the water, but did they run it back up the lift structure?
I'll be there in about an hour & will check it out to let you know if it's magic or not. :wink:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
So, don't know if anyone's heard this, but somebody gooned up the station:

Single load/unload position and loading and unloading are done on the same side of the train.

They have to wait for all the guests to come back towards the chutes and then out a single gate at the front of the train before letting on new riders.

The maintenance shed is immediately next to the other side of the station.

I don't know why they didn't go with a vertically stacked arrangement like an old Arrow or a Mack YoungStar, but apparently the throughput for Skyrush is way down from the theoretical projections.

Snoo

The Legend
That makes the station incredibly interesting.. and the throughput not so much. Let's hope it isn't as bad as I see in my mind.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Whelp, I hate to be the bearer of some alarming news, but this has already gained a reputation of being a rough ride.

Apparently the restraints arent sitting right, and going through the airtime puts a LOT of force on a really small portion of your lap.

There has been talk of trims being added, but I guess they are waiting for the restraints to break in before anything happens.

Seems like the Intamin Curse has struck yet AGAIN!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If that's true....I called it.

But honestly, you could tell this was going to happen just from the videos, it looks so intense and epic that Intamin was going to **** it up somehow. Either that, or people need to grow a backbone and not bitch. Either works for me. I hope they don't trim it, I hope they look at different restraints first to see if that would help. I know the OTSR's they have on Green Lantern are good, especially with the way that ride works. Hopefully the Live people won't get spited.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

How long did I305 have before it got trimmed? Wasnt it a couple months? The Live should be fine by my guess.

I can see this getting one of three things:
- Trims
- OTSR. The soft pad type
- Mixture of both plus reworking of track.

Honestly, Im loving this as this has basically proven to several on the 2012 group that Intamin **** their rides up, no matter what.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sorry, but they don't "
5censored.gif
their rides up" at all. They merely have teething problems with all new technology they produce. That's it. But, when they do their updates and change a few factors of the design, they get it running great again. I305, prime example.

**** a ride up would be what Kumbak did to Stampida or even S&S with Ring Racer.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I'm pretty sure that the restraints issues will be cleared up, and everything will be fine. No need to worry.
I305 was trimmed because people kept passing out on it, this thing is just a little hurtful because of the restraints.

Error

Strata Poster
Honestly I'm not too worried about the restraint issue. Worse comes, they will replace the restraints. No one's blacking out, so no need for a redesign of the track or major trimming.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Does anybody know if Skyrush's lapbar is formed anything like Millennium Force's or El Toro's? If it isn't, I don't see why they can't just swap for something with that form. If it is kind of thick like that, they might have to go to a clamshell restraint like B&M.

Maverix

Mega Poster
_koppen said:
I305 was trimmed because people kept passing out on it, this thing is just a little hurtful because of the restraints.
While this was a complaint, I think the main reason it got trimmed was because the wheels would melt and need to be replaced every two weeks, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I really hope this doesn't get trimmed, I'd be fine with OTSR's even, but not trims.