What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re: Hersheypark's New Ride for 2012

^ wow thats a shame. i really hope they dont have to get rid of sdl, i really enjoyed it!
ive been saying for years hershey needs a mega coaster with lethal amounts of airtime. I just hope the ride experience isnt too short as ive always liked longer rides (i was so happy the first time i rode nitro :). If i saw something like expedition geforce than i would be absolutely thrilled!!!!!

Intricks

Strata Poster

I trully do hate jumping back into this topic after I said I was done, but there is an uodate on screamscape that has guessed that the flashing letters could actually be a mathmatical equation of sourts. V2 could stand for Velocity Squared and the m could be for mass and that the B represents a certain type of magnetic field. V^2=mB.

Basically, dont throw out the launch idea yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

^ What makes you so sure that it will be a launch?? It could also imply magnetic brakes for what I know, also when speaking about the Magnetic field then it may be more likely to be talking about the Mangetic Moment [m] instead of mass...

If the drawing above is accurate, then this will be similar to I305, meaning no launch...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Hey, just retyping what is found on sceamscape, which included typing on magnetic propulsion, im just saying launch (which could involve a launch lift of some form, like maverick but slightly faster). If the drawing above is accurate, we are looking at a fogure 8 type track that mingles with itself a few times.. All ive heard about how this is I305 somewhat, is that it will be a straight drop into a turn. If true, that would mean either a 90 degree drop or something beyond it so it could flatten out and turn in time without forcing 4-5plus gs on you in a very tight turn. Add in the amount of force that is going to cause the track and wheels itself, i definitely see the same treatment as I305 happening again here. We basically have a general idwa how the rest of the layout will go based on other rides. Its just the very beginning is what we seem to be arguing about. I dont see an I305 lift if the drawing has anything to say. Yes, they could do something like expedition geforce, but the layout of the blocks are show that as more of a turn instead of a twisting drop. With a mild launch lift, it could do a variation of what hulk does, go into a zero-g roll and then drop (i can see this happening). As a launch, it would go into a high overbank turn after the launch block (which could be inclined at any degree and do a proper launch.

I just have a very hard time seeing anything relating to I305 about the beginning section that isnt going to effectively kill the coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster

^What makes it look like I305 are the supports on the blue prints, seeing as the lift hill only has two large supports just like I305. If this indeed was a launch section there would be loads of small supports instead.

A

Anonymous

^^ Just because it's posted on Screamscape doesn't mean it's true...

Here is a quick and rough creation of what I think the layout will be based on the drawing (that people claim is correct):

Hershey.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster

And taking a random posters idea for the ride is considered a better source? Nothing that has been shown has said to me "This is a I305 mini-clone inta-hyper". I agree that it is being done by Intamin, but I don't believe it to be a god awful rip-off of a ride that, for the most part, had a huge error that basically **** it over for an entire season and the only people that got a decent ride were the media day folk. NOW, lets look at this blue print closer. If it is going to be using the same style lift as I305, then the drop will most likely have to be beyond a 90 degree angle just so that it has enough time to smooth out before going into that really tight turn, unless they do a mix of a straight drop into a swooping, downward turn, like this:

hprc12110615201602000.png

This, people, is the closest type of drop you would get on that ride that people want since they all seem to claim it will have the same style drop on I305. Only problem is that no matter how I put it, it seems to always have an issue with going into the red quite easily either on the Vertical G's (lowest i saw pulled was a nasty spike around 6) and the lats were just as bad if not worse.

Sorry people, but to those that are saying its to have an Expedition Geforce type drop, then all those planned footers on the side wouldn't exist, so that gets rid from the equation. Next, to those that are saying that the two boxes on the supposed lift hill are proof that we are looking at an I305 style lift hill, I don't agree with that due to the fact that those boxes alone could represent housing for certain equipment. Also, the first box wouldn't be directly out of the station, looking at I305, the box would have to be halfway up the lift (which the box is directly outside the station in the plans) and the end of the lift, which is true with both. Only a single footer was needed between the first box and the station, you don't see that in the plans, thus they could be in reference to something else entirely.

Back to the whole "the magnetism formula given could be in reference to the brakes" bit. I'm sorry, but even the title of the first study (Latent Compulsion Ceramics Suggest Nano-Scale Propulsion Dynamics) give way to the side something different. First paragraph goes on about how certain clay has properties that give off magnetic propulsion when charged to polarity (found in 2004, ironically, the year Storm Runner opened). Second paragraph though, goes on to mention how the clay in the creek there has the ability to absorb high rates of propulsion. Propulsion means being forced in a certain direction, not pulled, correct? Sorry, that alone gets rid of the lift cable needed to pull the train in a certain direction. Second study really doesn't have much to give, but it does have the mention of high-speed rail transportation. Doesn't the Bullet Trains mainly use magnetic levitation to move super freaking fast? Third study just basically talks about how space craft is slowed down using a spider-fiber web or something (basically, the breaking system for the ride. New technology).

So, I'm sorry people in this forum post, but I believe this will be a new form of launch coaster design (it could very well only be made possible by using the I305 track style to sustain more forces than normal) and not an Intamin Hyper like you all so dearly want. Please, I BEG YOU, show me some form of substantial proof (and not **** heresay from an ex-park employee or somebody that knows somebody who WORKED at Hershey and got fired, they wouldn't tell basic employees **** about this ride unless it involved telling them "Here is where you will be working from now on due to a new ride being built") that I am wrong.

Also, Loefet, did somebody from the park offices go against their Silence pact and speak out about the ride or was this just a general poll of the masses that only want a form of I305 because it's the newest thing done by Intamin?

[Note though, that I am keeping an open mind on this entire project, but I need something from either of the websites to basically prove something isn't what I believe to be or for the official word from Hershey. No hopes at all for the ride either cause I live a very pessimistic attitude filled persona so that if it doesn't go as i had thought, im not disappointed]

Edit: Just looked at the official PDF document for a giga coaster that has a sideview blueprint for I305. They showed the entire lift without the boxes, yet showed MF's side layout with its specially designed supports for the lift. Not sure if it's related or not, take it as is.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^So you're not convinced it's a hyper then?

It's actually good to get a new member who thinks things through, puts effort into what they're posting and knows what they're talking about (well, you seem to at least. Personally, I've got no **** ing clue what most of that post was about, but I'm not clued in to the more technical aspects of rides).

Good stuff. Oh, apart from that magnetic levitation train thing. There's only one of those operating at any kind of commercial level (the bullet trains don't use the same technology) and I really don't think there's much to suggest it can/will be applied to coasters just yet. You might be reading a bit too much into those teaser things I think. The average park goer isn't going to get into the pedantics of what "propulsion" actually means; it just means going fast.

On topic ...

I want a hyper; therefore, that's what it will be.

A

Anonymous

Intricks said:
And taking a random posters idea for the ride is considered a better source? Nothing that has been shown has said to me "This is a I305 mini-clone inta-hyper". I agree that it is being done by Intamin, but I don't believe it to be a god awful rip-off of a ride that, for the most part, had a huge error that basically **** it over for an entire season and the only people that got a decent ride were the media day folk. NOW, lets look at this blue print closer. If it is going to be using the same style lift as I305, then the drop will most likely have to be beyond a 90 degree angle just so that it has enough time to smooth out before going into that really tight turn, unless they do a mix of a straight drop into a swooping, downward turn, like this:

This, people, is the closest type of drop you would get on that ride that people want since they all seem to claim it will have the same style drop on I305. Only problem is that no matter how [b]I[/b] put it, it seems to always have an issue with going into the red quite easily either on the Vertical G's (lowest i saw pulled was a nasty spike around 6) and the lats were just as bad if not worse.[/quote]
My guess would still be a drop similar to I305 but with a shorter turn to counteract the issues they have had with I305...
Are you sure you got the scales right??

[quote="Intricks"]Sorry people, but to those that are saying its to have an Expedition Geforce type drop, then all those planned footers on the side wouldn't exist, so that gets rid from the equation. Next, to those that are saying that the two boxes on the supposed lift hill are proof that we are looking at an I305 style lift hill, I don't agree with that due to the fact that those boxes alone could represent housing for certain equipment. Also, the first box wouldn't be directly out of the station, looking at I305, the box would have to be halfway up the lift (which the box is directly outside the station in the plans) and the end of the lift, which is true with both. Only a single footer was needed between the first box and the station, you don't see that in the plans, thus they could be in reference to something else entirely.[/quote]
If those are foundations for buildings, where would the track go?? Also both of them have 2 clearly defined squares on them which would hint where the steel would actually attach to the foundations them selves. Also the supports that are on site are clearly the same model as the one on the I305 lift. The lift is probably pretty steep which could hint why it is where it is, it could also mean that Intamin have done some modifications to the design so that the top of the lift will be "un-supported" for a longer stretch, maybe they have even moved the bottom support further down the drop as well, which could explain your inability to create a good curve out of the drop...
I put the EGF one to rest long ago, after the blue-print surfaced...
Also I'm pretty sure the blue-print is correct since footers in the real world corresponds to them shown in that file...

[quote="Intricks"]Back to the whole "the magnetism formula given could be in reference to the brakes" bit. I'm sorry, but even the title of the first study (Latent Compulsion Ceramics Suggest Nano-Scale Propulsion Dynamics) give way to the side something different. First paragraph goes on about how certain clay has properties that give off magnetic propulsion when charged to polarity (found in 2004, ironically, the year Storm Runner opened). Second paragraph though, goes on to mention how the clay in the creek there has the ability to absorb high rates of propulsion. Propulsion means being forced in a certain direction, not pulled, correct? Sorry, that alone gets rid of the lift cable needed to pull the train in a certain direction. Second study really doesn't have much to give, but it does have the mention of high-speed rail transportation. Doesn't the Bullet Trains mainly use magnetic levitation to move super freaking fast? Third study just basically talks about how space craft is slowed down using a spider-fiber web or something (basically, the breaking system for the ride. New technology).[/quote]
First of all Screamscape got news of that states that it wasn't a formula but a word to search for on the page which gave a file with a code to a picture of a location where an envelope with two entrance tickets were...
Also I think that anything posted on that site should be taken with a pinch of salt, first of all some of it is way to outlandish, and if they have really made some great scientific innovations due to the clay or whatever you would probably have heard about it some time ago from some scientific paper or similar. That whole site is a spoof created to make a stir among coaster enthusiasts (like yourself) and play games with them, just like the one they created before they announced Fahrenheit...

[quote="Intricks"]So, I'm sorry people in this forum post, but I believe this will be a new form of launch coaster design (it could very well only be made possible by using the I305 track style to sustain more forces than normal) and not an Intamin Hyper like you all so dearly want. Please, I BEG YOU, show me some form of substantial proof (and not **** heresay from an ex-park employee or somebody that knows somebody who WORKED at Hershey and got fired, they wouldn't tell basic employees **** about this ride unless it involved telling them "Here is where you will be working from now on due to a new ride being built") that I am wrong.

Also, Loefet, did somebody from the park offices go against their Silence pact and speak out about the ride or was this just a general poll of the masses that only want a form of I305 because it's the newest thing done by Intamin?[/quote]
I still think that you are wrong about the launch coaster, it's more likely that they add a mega/giga one since that would fit their line-up a lot better than a launch coaster will since they already got Storm Runner. The main reason why Intamin created this track system were to make rides cheaper, due to the reduction in the amount of supports needed since the track is so strong it's capable to span longer distances. And no I don't know anyone that is associated or working at Hershey park (how could I, I live in Sweden and never been in to either Hershey or North America...), I just have a cunning ability to make realistic guesses/estimations based on facts presented before me...

[quote="Intricks"][Note though, that I am keeping an open mind on this entire project, but I need something from either of the websites to basically prove something isn't what I believe to be or for the official word from Hershey. No hopes at all for the ride either cause I live a very pessimistic attitude filled persona so that if it doesn't go as i had thought, im not disappointed][/quote]
You are keeping an opened mind?? Pure ****!! if so they you would have accepted our views as a possibility for this ride. Who knows you could be in the employee of Hershey that makes all this fuss about this to keep us on arms length of the truth (which also happened before Fahrenheit).
I just say that we all should wait until Hershey makes the final announcement an we will see who is right...

Edit: Just looked at the official PDF document for a giga coaster that has a sideview blueprint for I305. They showed the entire lift without the boxes, yet showed MF's side layout with its specially designed supports for the lift. Not sure if it's related or not, take it as is.[/quote]
I'm guessing that you are talking about the one posted on the Intamin web-page? If so then you could also notice that the one you are thinking is the I305, clearly have a different layout all together and is something that they engineers of Intamin have drawn up to show a different layout, and based on similar drawings then the "supports" shown are actually height markers and something to make the position of the track visible on the grid below...

Intricks

Strata Poster

I do have an open mind, just because I dont have a fangirlish love for the inta-hyper idea doesnt mean ive shut it out cometely. I agreed in the beginning that it was most likely going to be that cause thats what everyone was talking about. Honestly, i didnt think about the turn being higher up the drop then where i have it on mine.

After the studies came out, it changed based on an overwhelming reference to magnetic propulsion and general magnetic technology in general. Only reason why i brought in the maglev train was because of the basic theme of what the studies are about. I know the studies arent real, using them as a refence point for my own argument is a valid thing to do in order to prove a point.

Yes, I know that isnt a damned formula, im not a math, science or physics expert, but I pretty much found out after lurking around on the internet that it gives you a document in dutch that has a picture of a storm runner type support. Didnt know about the ticket locations, but had heard about it late last night about that happening.

To respond to being in cahoots with Hershey, whose to say you arent? Whose to say that the single person on the keystonethrills board, or anyone on this board, wasnt/isnt part of hershey? Personally, too much chaotic thought and paranoia to really worry about. Im not, nor will i ever be. Id have blabber tbh.

Now then, since you dont want to listen to my previous posts argument, why are they referencing Storm Runner 3 times now (first study, la marcus bros website and now the support in another dutch written report) during this entire games campaign? Why hasnt there been a single form of reference to I305. The supports on site look like I305, but also like iSpeeds supports during the turns. Why cant they implore the same type of technology for an inclinef launch if.they can do so for a lift?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Intricks said:
Why hasnt there been a single form of reference to I305

Why would any park in their right mind use their marketing campaign to highlight, in any way, a competitor's coaster?

Intricks

Strata Poster

I305 is the only Intamin that uses their new box support system. Even a reference to helping on a racecar for Dale Earnhart Jr that utilizes a better support structure with less weight but same stability as a competitor car to help it go faster or something, idk, but I'll rephrase it.

Why hasnt there been any reference to anything regarding these box supports outside of the two rectangles with Xs on them on blue prints?

Dave

CF Legend

Intricks said:
I305 is the only Intamin that uses their new box support system. Even a reference to helping on a racecar for Dale Earnhart Jr that utilizes a better support structure with less weight but same stability as a competitor car to help it go faster or something.

Really?

n6oi34jpp43me4c5g00k3a.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster

Oh, since when did that have the new lift hill support system being used by Intamin? Actually, when did that ride even gain a lift hill?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Intricks said:
I305 is the only Intamin that uses their new box support system. Even a reference to helping on a racecar for Dale Earnhart Jr that utilizes a better support structure with less weight but same stability as a competitor car to help it go faster or something, idk, but I'll rephrase it.

You did say about the box support system as a general, not in regards purely to the lift hill. And Formula Rossa does indeed use the box support system in some cases.

Intricks

Strata Poster

If your talking about the square support, go look at iSpeed, it has that shape supports on the turns (and Im guessing that isnt the only coaster since Maverick to get them). We have been arguing about the lift hill, so I figured everyone would realize the box supports was towards the lift hill (cause that is all ive heard them called on I305, a box support). Hell, I even point it out as to what im talking about (those two rectangles with x's in them)...

D1993

Hyper Poster

im just wanting the facts and announcement from the park. Speculation is fun for a couple weeks but then it gets really old and you just wanna know whats going on haha. have to wait to sometime in august though i guess.

A

Anonymous

template.jpeg

Here is what I think is a pretty accurate image that shows the layout pretty good...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Only thing i seriously see wrong in that pic is the lack of a break run...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Intricks said:
Only thing i seriously see wrong in that pic is the lack of a break run...

honest question does it have to have a brake run?
a layout like that would be over pretty quickly and im guessing it'd have that new crazy fast intamin cable lift, so really only 2 trains would be needed. 1 in the station loading/unloading and the other running the course.
just like I305, by the time the train is going down the first hill, people from the train before are getting off, so it rips around the entire layout and back into the station wouldnt really need a brake run i guess?

im hoping this ride is like I305 in ways but with just alot more airtime. airtime airtime airtime :)