What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Heide Park 2014

Booster Bike, on broomsticks, through the woods!!!

Or what Jordan said :(

_koppen

Hyper Poster

When I visited last fall I could not help but thinking how small the area this is supposed to go in was.
It's gonna be really interesting to see how this one turns out.

coasterfriend

Roller Poster

The broomsticks are theming elements for an event (Walpurgis Night) that took place yesterday ;)

More infos on wikipedia (Walpurgis Night)...

A little bit like halloween in spring :D

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

First launched wingrider. Locked in.[/quote]

1. B&M only has one launch coaster (Hulk) and they didn't even build the launch. I doubt they'll build another launch coaster because they like to get your anticipation high and for a while.

2. Intamin makes wingrider's too (Furius Baco), so if either B&M or Intamin made a launched wingrider, it wouldn't be the first.

I think it will be a B&M Hyper. If not that than a B&M Invert.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
I will never get what kick people get out of posting fake stuff online deliberately to troll people...

Wasn't to troll. I posted it as an idea, but before I logged back on, they thought it was real. But luckily they figured it out so phew.

Trust me, I hate trolls.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I'm don't think there is enough space for a hyper, but on invert or flyer seem's rather likely, but then who's to say this will be a B&M coaster, even though it does seem more likely, as Krake was a big hit.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Jason Voorhees said:
1. B&M only has one launch coaster (Hulk) and they didn't even build the launch. I doubt they'll build another launch coaster because they like to get your anticipation high and for a while.

B&M will build a launch coaster as soon as someone asks them to.
They've said that several times.

andrus

Giga Poster

^They have? Do you have any source of that statement? (I'm curious) I've only heard the opposite, like J. Voorhees states, that they've said in interviews that they don't do launches because they think the tension build up on a lift hill is vital to the coaster experience.

Intricks

Strata Poster

They never built launches because the technology was faulty at the time. It still kind of is if you think about it, but severely less so. This could be the same scenario that we all believed that they would never build a Giga and when Leviathan appeared, he stated that nobody ever asked them to build one. Exchanging info via word of mouth causes it to get all mumbled and mixed up.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Concerning future developments, Bolliger & Mabillard will not refuse to embark on the project of a launch coaster, a technology proposed by all its competitors and for which he made a hybrid creation (Incredible Hulk) for Universal's Islands of Adventure back in 1999. "If a customer comes to us to design a launch coaster, we will respond to him favorably. The technology is easily adaptable to our products and tracks as the LSM motors can be easily found on the market, and they are very efficient!" states Walter Bolliger.

I still think it will be some time before we see one though.
A B&M launcher would be very expensive and there are so many other companies building launched rides now, with more experience in the field.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ I don't get why people say that.

The source could be a homeless guy on your street for all we know.