What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Heide Park 2014

Huh, that's odd. I thought this coaster is being built in the Transylvania area? I can't see white track fitting in well right now.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

_koppen said:
andrus said:
^I thought they moved all construction of B&M coasters to north america a couple of years ago?

Could very well be, I know that they made track in that Giovanola plant a few years ago, but I don't know if it still is that way.

I remember looking at B&M shipping consignment tickets last year from a port in Italy to the US.

I think that they manufacturer wherever it's cheapest to manufacturer - taking into account the cost of shipping. It could be the plant in Europe doesn't just do coaster track, so they rent manufacturing as and when they need it. If it's cheaper to use the US and ship, they do. If it's cheaper to pay for it in europe and ****, they do. Probably down to a part by part basis.

Maybe :lol:

Green and white though? Really?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Rcdb seems to have confirmed the wingrider at http://rcdb.com/6667.htm. I doubt rcdb would create a new entry based on rumours solely, so it is likely that they possess a secondary source, I believe.

Well, at least Merlin have ceased their tradition of black/grey coasters (for how long though?), therefore Alton may not acquire a fourth black coaster in 2016, but honestly, why another white and olive coaster? Whilst the GP may not be able to differentiate B&M form Intamin, they will certainly be inclined to identify a coaster as "the blue one" or "the big white one at Thorpe Park". So why are they making all coasters uniform?

Oh well, can't complain about a B&M wingrider which is likely to be Europe's tallest. :--D

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

If it was Duane who added it, then it would have been something he was sitting on since IAPAA. If it was Derek who added it, it would be from newer information.

In other words, Duane finally has people helping him maintain rcdb. (It was a one-man show for the first decade or so.)

Ethan

Strata Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
Oh well, can't complain about a B&M wingrider which is likely to be Europe's tallest. :--D

I read somewhere it's likely to be the same size as Raptor?

Taxi

Mega Poster

CoasterCrazy said:

Well that won't take much. Hopefully this one has a unique drop.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This graphic can be found on the new park map.

192676d1371750877-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-geruecht-sm.jpg

Translated - "It's coming closer: New attraction 2014"

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

While I would love to see it make a swooping turnaround, around the tower, I think it's to advertise where the coaster is getting build, as Scream is pretty much the star of that area.

andrus

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
While I would love to see it make a swooping turnaround, around the tower, I think it's to advertise where the coaster is getting build, as Scream is pretty much the star of that area.
A swooping turn around the drop tower à la Lisebergsbanan would be really nice!

rcjp

Roller Poster

^I also think so, I would really like so see B&M building a wingcoaster with a swooping drop rather than a wingdrop or a straight one.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Omg progress. I'm actually really excited to see what they have in store!